HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Global Hockey Federation

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2004, 08:47 AM
MadHatter

vCash: 500
Global Hockey Federation

I got an e-mail from a friend of mine about a 'new' hockey league, we're not sure if it's real or not.

www.globalhockeyfederation.com

Old
07-26-2004, 09:27 AM
tmoh

There's also a "priemiere professional minor hockey league" called International Hockey Association.

Old
07-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Douggy

Those are two of the ugliest websites I've seen in my life.

Old
07-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Obviously you've never seen www.timecube.com

Sadly, timecube.com is more interesting than the Global Hockey Federation and the International Hockey Association put together.

Old
07-26-2004, 11:28 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
That site is obviously a joke."Fans like low scoring games...clutching and grabbing also"

Yeah right.

Old
07-26-2004, 06:42 PM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
That site is obviously a joke."Fans like low scoring games...clutching and grabbing also"

Yeah right.
yeah I agree, high scoring games are way more entertaining to watch

Old
07-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Completely agree

Old
07-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Jets4Life

The Global Hockey League is not real. It is a parody of the WHA created in all likelihood by someone lurking on the official WHA message board. It is not too impressive yet, but their most reccent "press statement" is damm funny!

In a press conference held at eight this morning Commissioner Kinmy stated about the intended style of play: "The WHA, if it gets of the ground, which is unlikely, intends to have a fast paced fire-wagon approach to hockey. Quick players and high scores. Well what happens to the defensive players? They're out of a job. The GHF has the intention on signing them. We think that fans enjoy the low scoring games. Just look at the NHL in recent years. If fans wanted high scores they'd go to a basketball game. They want defense. Slow, methodical, team defense, obstruction, clutch-and-grab, a coach's game in essence. Time will prove either the WHA or us wrong. :lol

Source: global Hockey Federation

Old
07-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Licentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life
If fans wanted high scores they'd go to a basketball game. They want defense. Slow, methodical, team defense, obstruction, clutch-and-grab, a coach's game in essence. Time will prove either the WHA or us wrong.[/I] :lol

Source: global Hockey Federation
Hahaha!! :lol

Old
07-31-2004, 06:54 PM
Licentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoh
There's also a "priemiere professional minor hockey league" called International Hockey Association.
That website looks alot like the Federal Hockey League website - even more like how the Federal Hockey League's website used to look.

http://www.federalhockeyleague.ca/popmusic.html

Old
07-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Licentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licentia
That website looks alot like the Federal Hockey League website - even more like how the Federal Hockey League's website used to look.

http://www.federalhockeyleague.ca/

Old
08-01-2004, 06:21 PM
TT

With the NHL looking like it may be heading to a 'lock out' there will be a lot of talk of a number of new leagues starting up, ready to take the hockey limelight for a season at least...

But to be honest, I can't see the GHF getting off the ground as its simply a too ambitious to have a multi-continental league and to have teams ready for the start of Autumn would be nye on impossible...

Altho' there has been talk that a one Ted Turner maybe behind the GHF!!!

Old
08-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Licentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT
With the NHL looking like it may be heading to a 'lock out' there will be a lot of talk of a number of new leagues starting up, ready to take the hockey limelight for a season at least...

But to be honest, I can't see the GHF getting off the ground as its simply a too ambitious to have a multi-continental league and to have teams ready for the start of Autumn would be nye on impossible...

Altho' there has been talk that a one Ted Turner maybe behind the GHF!!!
This league is bologne. They mention press conferences everyday, yet there is no news anywhere but their website. I have Google news alerts, and never once have they found an article on this league. Add to that the comments on the league's proposed style of play and you know this is a joke.

Last edited by Licentia: 08-02-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Old
08-03-2004, 06:25 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

The best part of that IHA, which *could* be a legitimate new hockey league, is that it's sponsored by Gong Show Gear. This itself is fairly funny, but the best part is that the caption above the picture in the lower right is "Gong Show Goalie of the Week".

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that.

I also enjoy the fact that you can email them if you want to have an expansion franchise.

Is this supposed to be the minors for WHA? This whole thing reminds me of that terrible CBL thing last year, except they had at least signed players, and failed because it sucked, not because it was poorly organised.

Closed Thread