Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars Paper Coverage

Old
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
vofty

vCash: 500
Stars Paper Coverage

Inevitable I guess with newspapers struggling, but it sucks that there will be less coverage (not that I honestly checked the Star Telegram alot for Stars news though)

Quote:
Under an agreement between the Dallas Morning News and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Morning News will now be providing basic coverage of the Stars for both newspapers.
http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...rs/822-2008-09

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Chad_

It's not just sports either. The first sign of the death of the local rag was the overuse of wire stories no longer used as filler, but as main copy. It's almost hard to believe the newspaper industry has been so distraught by technology that it hasn't been able to adapt, but considering the relative dinosaurs employed by most major newspapers, it's not entirely hard to believe.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

that stinks for Stars coverage but really won't effect me, I like the DMN it's my paper of choice.

It is sad what is happening to newspapers, when I am home I read the DMN everyday, at least sports and metro. At school I have to read the Indy Star, which is terrible. I don't know what I would do if the DMN folds.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
I don't think it's that big of a deal for a Stars fan. There will still be at least 2 sources of real info with Mark at Andrews, and maybe 3 with Bob Sturm, depending on how much he gets reigned in by the official site thing. Besides, most of the actual stories come from the national media like with what happened during the Avery drama. Although if I had my choice it'd be Myers who continues to cover the team rather than Heika.

It sucks more for Rangers coverage IMO. With baseball it's a little more important to have several reporters who know people on the team and what's going on in the clubhouse. Hockey players won't tell you anything anyway.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote