HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 proposals to Calgary having a shot at the cup

Old
01-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringEvanderToTO View Post
Antropov is 2.1 million and a UFA at the end of the year probally cost you guys Boyd and montreal`s 2nd 09
Then TO keeps Antropov. Now is not the time to be giving up on Boyd, nevermind a 2nd round pick with him.

Why should Calgary make any trades for a C right now? We have good foreward depth, and our most pressing need is for a Jordan Leopold type... nothing really else. We're winning right now, and that's what counts.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Lunatik*

lets see how I do here... for math purposes I'm going to assume 2/3 of all contracts are finished at the deadline... at the moment the Flames have about $2.65 million in cap space

1. Matthew Lombardi **$1,816,667 cap hit, UFA in 2010} and a conditional 2nd round pick to Colorado for Jordan Leopold **$1,500,000 cap hit, UFA in 2009} (if Leopold walks the Avs only get a 4th)
- this deal would give the Avs a solid 3rd line center that can play good defense, kill penalties and give them 15ish goals and 40ish point in most seasons... it would give the Flames another solid puck moving defenseman... Leopold played the best hockey of his career paired with Regehr and it can't hurt to see if that chemistry is still there
- this would save the Flames approximately $105,000 in cap space... giving them about $2.755 free

2) Trade Keith Aulie, Mitch Wahl and 1st in '09 for Ollie Jokinen {5,250,000 cap hit, UFA in '10}
- this would give the Flames that true #1 center to play with Iginla, it would give the financially strapped Coyotes a small amount of payroll relief as well as a a couple good prospects and another 1st rounder
- this would cost the Flames approximately $1.75 in cap space, leaving about $1 million free

3) Trade Wayne Primeau **$1,400,000 cap hit, UFA in 2010}, Adam Cracknell and a pick (4th?) to St. Louis for Manny Legace **$2,150,000 cap hit, UFA in 2009} & Dan Hinote **$1,000,000 cap hit, UFA in 2009}
- this would give the Flames a reliable backup and some checking depth for a potential playoff run... the Blues would get a mid level prospect and pick as well as a 3rd/4th line checker with decent speed that can play any forward position
- the Flames would add about $600,000 to their cap with this and come with about $400,000 in space for injury replacements

the Flames line-up would look like this...

Cammalleri - Jokinen - Iginla
Bertuzzi - Langkow - Bourque
Glencross - Conroy - Moss
Nystrom - Boyd - Hinote
Ex: Roy, Prust

Phaneuf - Aucoin
Regehr - Leopold
Giordano/Vandermeer - Sarich
Ex: Giordano/Vandermeer, Pardy

Kiprusoff
Legace
McElhinney

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 10:13 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

i think a deal for kaberle may be too rich for your prospect pool, how about antropov for 1 of the following (in order of my preference):

1st
3rd and nemisz
3rd and irving

you could also work a deal for white and antropov for a little more

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensyotes71 View Post
Phoenix would love this, but they gave up this year's first rounder for Olli.
I don't think they'd do this because of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
They didn't give up a first rounder for Jokinen. They traded Ballard, Boynton, and a 2nd (49th overall).
And they wouldn't love it anyway. They are trying to make the playoffs and another prosepct forward in place of their first line centre doesn't help them do that.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
lets see how I do here... for math purposes I'm going to assume 2/3 of all contracts are finished at the deadline... at the moment the Flames have about $2.65 million in cap space

1. Matthew Lombardi **$1,816,667 cap hit, UFA in 2010} and a conditional 2nd round pick to Colorado for Jordan Leopold **$1,500,000 cap hit, UFA in 2009} (if Leopold walks the Avs only get a 4th)
- this deal would give the Avs a solid 3rd line center that can play good defense, kill penalties and give them 15ish goals and 40ish point in most seasons... it would give the Flames another solid puck moving defenseman... Leopold played the best hockey of his career paired with Regehr and it can't hurt to see if that chemistry is still there
- this would save the Flames approximately $105,000 in cap space... giving them about $2.755 free

2) Trade Keith Aulie, Mitch Wahl and 1st in '09 for Ollie Jokinen {5,250,000 cap hit, UFA in '10}
- this would give the Flames that true #1 center to play with Iginla, it would give the financially strapped Coyotes a small amount of payroll relief as well as a a couple good prospects and another 1st rounder
- this would cost the Flames approximately $1.75 in cap space, leaving about $1 million free

3) Trade Wayne Primeau **$1,400,000 cap hit, UFA in 2010}, Adam Cracknell and a pick (4th?) to St. Louis for Manny Legace **$2,150,000 cap hit, UFA in 2009} & Dan Hinote **$1,000,000 cap hit, UFA in 2009}
- this would give the Flames a reliable backup and some checking depth for a potential playoff run... the Blues would get a mid level prospect and pick as well as a 3rd/4th line checker with decent speed that can play any forward position
- the Flames would add about $600,000 to their cap with this and come with about $400,000 in space for injury replacements

the Flames line-up would look like this...

Cammalleri - Jokinen - Iginla
Bertuzzi - Langkow - Bourque
Glencross - Conroy - Moss
Nystrom - Boyd - Hinote
Ex: Roy, Prust

Phaneuf - Aucoin
Regehr - Leopold
Giordano/Vandermeer - Sarich
Ex: Giordano/Vandermeer, Pardy

Kiprusoff
Legace
McElhinney

I like those deals a lot, except have the first rounder in 2010. I still doubt Phoenix would take that. Florida got Boynton, Ballard and a 2nd i think, and we are offering a 2nd round draft pick, a fourth rounder (whose value has gone up i might add, but not that much), and a first. I think it would take more, and also in deal three i think st.louis would want more also

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
KesseltoLupul

Kaberle
Antropov

for

Lombardi
Neimsz
Giordano
1st

Hagman-Grabovski-Kulemin
Stajan-Lombardi-Stempniak
Neimsz-Schenn-Kassian
Mayers-Moore-May

Kubina-Schenn
Van Ryn-Finger
Giordano-Stralman

Toskala

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:26 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

WHAT??? No Cammy and a pick proposals???

You guys must be slipping...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Acekicker123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I really don't think that we're going to make a trade that involves sending Backlund the other way, after all the trouble that the Flames went through to get him across the pond.

Calgary's needs are:

- Offensive centre to play with Iginla. We probably won't give up what it'd take to get an All-Star or anything, but someone like Todd White, Andy McDonald or Doug Weight would be perfect. Faceoff prowess isn't needed either, since Iggy typically takes the draws on his line.

- Depth on D. We need another puck-mover; again, it doesn't have to be a star-calibre player, because we have that already if Phaneuf gets his head out of his rear.

- Backup goalie. If Keenan doesn't have the confidence in McElhinney to give him some playing time, then we'll have to find someone who he will play. Kipper can't play 80 games and be ready for a long playoff run.
1) Nik Antropov + Ian White for a '09 1st round pick + Keith Aulie

Acekicker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acekicker123 View Post
1) Nik Antropov + Ian White for a '09 1st round pick + Keith Aulie
Antropov will get you a first rounder. Ian White will definately not get you Aulie. He played great at the WJC's and his stock has risen higher. White is a fringe NHL/good AHL player and wouldn't even make the Flames lineup.

I could see Sutter going for Antropov though. You may be onto something there.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
serratedmuffin

Sutter hasn't traded a first round pick and won't. The team might make a pitch for leopold but outside of that...I doubt anything happens. Not worth it to sacrifice what little prospects we have for a short-term gain in a tough western conference this year with San Jose, Chicago, Detroit, and Vancouver (with Moses Sundin) all having decent years.

serratedmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote