HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pronger cheap shot on Parise as time runs out

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
  #201
wilty00
Registered User
 
wilty00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kelowna/Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 1004
Wow, are you guys serious? Suspension for that?

I ****ing HATE Chris Pronger, but come on.

wilty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
  #202
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
who said suspension? i think maybe one person said suspension and everyone is all up in arms

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
  #203
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Looked fairly incidental to me.. Maybe not, but Parise's kind of a ****** anyway.
how again is parise a *****? show me one instince of him cheapshotting, diving, embellishing or *****ing to the refs. i doubt you will respond since you havent yet

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
  #204
mmfs*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
pronger can't even wipe his ass without some ****** making a thread about it.

mmfs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
  #205
asdf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country:
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
lol.

I wasn't trying to put anyone in their place.

Arguing over the malicious intent or accidental nature of the play is one thing. However it's beyond ridiculous to try and claim that somehow Parize skated into that play and therefore imply that he was somehow to blame. It sounds like something out of Slapshot.

At this point I think you're looking for reactions out of posters.
I'm not looking for reactions out of posters. Why do you say it's so ridiculous?

I'm not saying Parise is to blame, but like you said it can be argued that it was accidental, and that's what I'm saying.

Look right at the beginning of this video at the top left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNBlueJays640 View Post
the hit:


asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
  #206
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders
 
PROMputt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Islip, LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 450
Cheap hit from a dirty player. No suspension will come of it. Be glad Parise is OK.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
  #207
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsyDevil13 View Post
That's what we Devil fans call Langenbrunner Physics.
No Langenbrunner Physics is when he misses a wide open net


sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 05:54 PM
  #208
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
Haha, I'm no way a Pronger defender but that was nothing really. Didn't even recognize it was Prongs to be honest.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 06:02 PM
  #209
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,587
vCash: 500
meh It wasn't that harsh. He just pushed him with his arm in a reactionary manner.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
  #210
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Whatever, it's nothing new from Pronger. Parise is fine and didn't go after Pronger cause he knew it wasn't a big deal. If we won the game it wouldn't even be an issue.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 06:59 PM
  #211
BlackTuuk
 
BlackTuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilty00 View Post
Wow, are you guys serious? Suspension for that?

I ****ing HATE Chris Pronger, but come on.
I say suspend him, sure. Attempt to deter him from similar behavior in the future. A guy with his history might* readjust a little.

BlackTuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 12:11 AM
  #212
Jacobeam Mugatu
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoringlegend08 View Post
My guess is this thread goes for at least 10 pages, suspension guesses will range from 5-lined up and shot.
*Covers microphone and leans to the guy to the left*

We're allowed to do that?

But seriously, I ******* HATE Pronger, and I'd call that 2 minutes for Interference. It's a d-bag move, sure, but it's not like he Domi-ed him or... well, Pronger-ed him.

Jacobeam Mugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 12:24 AM
  #213
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
This guy is going nuts over that! Are you kidding me?! That's cleaner than most hits that happen during a game all it was, was just running into each other. Woooow.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 12:40 AM
  #214
dre2112
Registered User
 
dre2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: US and A
Country: United States
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
Seems incidental to me. If Pronger was headhunting, he would have killed Parise in that situation with his head turned back, but it's pretty evident that Pronger is jumping off the bench and Parise turns his head back and skates into him without seeing him.

If Pronger was head hunting, his focus wouldn't be on getting his stick in the right hand and down on the ice ready for the action. Look at the video, he's trying to move his stick to the right side of his body as he makes the leap to the ice.

At the most it deserves a 2min interference or elbowing penalty, nothing more. It was purely incidental contact.

If he was head hunting, he could have nailed him 100 times harder than that.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 01:28 AM
  #215
Claude28Giroux
praiseG
 
Claude28Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lewiston, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
What's next, the Flyers complaining about dirty plays?
Tool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
who said suspension? i think maybe one person said suspension and everyone is all up in arms
If no one thinks it's suspension worthy then this thread should have never been made. Imagine if there was the internet and HF back in the 70's.......

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 08:37 AM
  #216
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 28,862
vCash: 500
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/in...ronger_Physics


kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
  #217
Defgarden
Registered User
 
Defgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Stephen Hawking has a new book coming out about the Pronger Physics. Apparently there is some dark matter around his elbows that causes a huge gravitational pull, though only at short distances. Since it's dark matter, it's impossible to see except through gravitational lensing, so the referees never catch it.

Therefore, it's not his fault.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
  #218
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford
 
Jiri Bicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon View Post
Tool


If no one thinks it's suspension worthy then this thread should have never been made. Imagine if there was the internet and HF back in the 70's.......
Ok, Thread Master...

People are so damn uptight about threads around here.. If you don't like it, no one is putting a gun to your head to read it...

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
  #219
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 28,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Whatever, it's nothing new from Pronger. Parise is fine and didn't go after Pronger cause he knew that he would get killed.
Fixed.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
  #220
Owenay
Registered User
 
Owenay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon View Post
If no one thinks it's suspension worthy then this thread should have never been made.
Aren't we allowed to discuss whatever we want? If you don't feel a particular discussion is thread worthy than here's a novel idea: DON'T READ IT AND CERTAINLY DON'T POST IN IT! I personally think every single "Proposal" thread is unnecessary and you know what? I don't even bother reading them much less post in them.

But I guess some people just NEED to get their post count up...

Owenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:22 PM
  #221
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
The only thing I question is where is the puck from the looks of it Parise was no where near the puck, so there was no reason for Pronger to even touch him.

Was the hit suspension worthy? Not really. But this is how players get hurt, when they are not expecting to get hit, because they don't have the puck.

Overall, I still think Pronger is the dirtiest player in the league shorty followed by Jordan Tootoo of the Predators. There was no reason to hit Parise, so the league should fine Pronger for reckless play, but he shouldn't be suspended because it wasn't a brutal attack, just a hit that shouldn't have happened.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
  #222
Fighter
Legend
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trieste, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,237
vCash: 500
9 ****ing pages for that??? Only on HFboards...

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
  #223
Lyons71
Registered User
 
Lyons71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
The only thing I question is where is the puck from the looks of it Parise was no where near the puck, so there was no reason for Pronger to even touch him.

Was the hit suspension worthy? Not really. But this is how players get hurt, when they are not expecting to get hit, because they don't have the puck.

Overall, I still think Pronger is the dirtiest player in the league shorty followed by Jordan Tootoo of the Predators. There was no reason to hit Parise, so the league should fine Pronger for reckless play, but he shouldn't be suspended because it wasn't a brutal attack, just a hit that shouldn't have happened.
They collided. He didn't try to hit Parise. I've had guys not looking slam into me before. I'm not going to try to dive out of the way. It was just an unluckly collision, as the other dman came off for some reason, and Parise didn't know/expect that, obviously.

I don't think this was a cheap shot at all.

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
  #224
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford
 
Jiri Bicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
9 ****ing pages for that??? Only on HFboards...
People who come into threads with no intention of contributing and only to complain?? Only on HFBoards

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
  #225
dre2112
Registered User
 
dre2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: US and A
Country: United States
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
did anyone see in the replay when Pronger stepped on a kitten then spit on a baby and tripped an old lady on a walker?

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.