Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL and NHLPA to meet Wednesday

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
08-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Ontario Habsfan
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
NHL and NHLPA to meet Wednesday

Just a note from TSN:

TORONTO (CP) - Collective bargaining between the NHL and the NHL Players' Association resumes Wednesday.

The sides last met July 21 in New York for four hours, during which the league submitted outlines of six concepts furthering its stated need for cost certainty. The union subsequently turned thumbs down because ``each one of them begins and ends with a salary cap and that doesn't provide any basis for any progress,'' said senior director Ted Saskin.

Bill Daly, the league's chief legal counsel, said at the time it was a hopeful sign that the union asked for additional information on the concepts.

The CBA, twice extended in the last 10 years, expires Sept. 15 - the day after the World Cup championship game in Toronto.

The league says that 75 per cent of total revenues in 2002-03 went to player costs, leaving only 25 per cent to pay for coaches, travel, building costs, marketing and advertising.

The NHLPA proposed a system last Oct. 1 that included revenue sharing, a luxury tax, a one-time five per cent rollback in salaries and some changes to the entry-level system. Before the meeting two weeks ago in New York, the two sides hadn't met since May 25. The meeting Wednesday is at 10 a.m. EDT at the NHLPA offices.

I doubt anything will happen tomorrow. Real business won't start being solved until right before the deadline...if then

Ontario Habsfan is offline  
08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered User
Schenn02's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: abroad
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
*sigh* I agree, I don't see this being resolved until after the deadline has passed.

Schenn02 is offline  
08-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered User
X8oD's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,298
vCash: 500
Last meeting they agreed to meet again.

This meeting.. yep u guessed. They will agree on Steak Dinners!

X8oD is offline  
08-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus
Classic Devil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 34,184
vCash: 500
I still don't understand why they don't meet every day for the next two months instead of having these paltry things. If they met every day they'd hammer something out eventually.

Classic Devil is offline  
08-03-2004, 09:35 PM
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
Paxon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
I still don't understand why they don't meet every day for the next two months instead of having these paltry things. If they met every day they'd hammer something out eventually.
They have better things to do, like talk about goalie pads and whether or not netminders should be able to go behind the net.

Actually that's letting them off lightly. I'm sure they are up to even more trivial things.

Paxon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.