HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
  #1
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,044
vCash: 500
Ryan White

So can someone fill me in on what's going on with Ryan White ? I don't have much time to follow our prospects these days and i haven't heard about the guy for a while. All the talk is about Max Pac , Dago and Subban right now but what about White ? He seems to have a decent season with the Bulldogs so far with 20 pts in 39 games and a + 8 but what about his progression ?

Is he close to the NHL ?

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:32 PM
  #2
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
All I know is he's Whitesnakes favorite prospect.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
  #3
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
All I know is he's Whitesnakes favorite prospect.
In 2 years,

Ryan White >>>> Kyle Chipchura !!

Enough said !!


Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
  #4
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges St Laraque View Post
So can someone fill me in on what's going on with Ryan White ? I don't have much time to follow our prospects these days and i haven't heard about the guy for a while. All the talk is about Max Pac , Dago and Subban right now but what about White ? He seems to have a decent season with the Bulldogs so far with 20 pts in 39 games and a + 8 but what about his progression ?

Is he close to the NHL ?
He's been playing well in Hamilton, has some sandpaper to his game, his skating/foot speed need work but hasn't impacted him in a major way. He works hard and seems to be solid in his own end, I expect him to be a lot better next year as I think his offensive game will continue to improve as he can pass the puck and has a nice wrister. I don't expect him to be an nhler anytime soon unless injuries really hit hard but down the road I think he'll be an nhler.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
  #5
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He's been playing well in Hamilton, has some sandpaper to his game, his skating/foot speed need work but hasn't impacted him in a major way. He works hard and seems to be solid in his own end, I expect him to be a lot better next year as I think his offensive game will continue to improve as he can pass the puck and has a nice wrister. I don't expect him to be an nhler anytime soon unless injuries really hit hard but down the road I think he'll be an nhler.
I am starting to think his NHL upside might be... Tom Kostopolous.

Not terrible, but yeah, not going to change the world.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
  #6
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
In 2 years,

Ryan White >>>> Kyle Chipchura !!

Enough said !!

I suspect you won't change your mind?

Or in two years will you be coming in calling him Ryan "Whopper Hands" White?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:49 PM
  #7
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I am starting to think his NHL upside might be... Tom Kostopolous.

Not terrible, but yeah, not going to change the world.
Really?

I don't think so.

White is a center who is great defensively and is very decent in the faceoff circle. He's also good offensively, but doesn't get much of a chance considering how good he is at the rest.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
  #8
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chose
In 2 years,

Ryan White >>>> Kyle Chipchura !!

Enough said !!
Exactly, no need to say more. Retirement is the only option.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
  #9
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He's been playing well in Hamilton, has some sandpaper to his game, his skating/foot speed need work but hasn't impacted him in a major way. He works hard and seems to be solid in his own end, I expect him to be a lot better next year as I think his offensive game will continue to improve as he can pass the puck and has a nice wrister. I don't expect him to be an nhler anytime soon unless injuries really hit hard but down the road I think he'll be an nhler.
Everything I read about him has visions of Aaron Asham flashing through my mind.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
  #10
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,598
vCash: 500
where are you whitesnake?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:54 PM
  #11
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Exactly, no need to say more. Retirement is the only option.









edit: damn, my other post is gone

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
  #12
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Really?

I don't think so.

White is a center who is great defensively and is very decent in the faceoff circle. He's also good offensively, but doesn't get much of a chance considering how good he is at the rest.
Well, Kosto was an AHL scorer. I just don't get the sense he has the nose for the net to be anything better than a grinder.

I'm not exactly a White expert though, so I defer to my betters on that.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
  #13
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
All I know is he's Whitesnakes favorite prospect.
Slowly but surely.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
where are you whitesnake?
No time to write....eating crow as we speak....

Honestly, I like what I saw so far from him this year and honestly really surprised. Again, I will always have opinions and if I can go back to see development and rookie camps....I will always comment on what I'm seeing....but I probably won't be as certain that a guy will make it or not......And guys honestly......if you would've seen the camps, you would've come with the same conclusions....

And you obviously all forgetting that the last dev. camp, I named him rookie of the day.....

But he's still not in the NHL just yet. But he is doing much better than I expected.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
  #14
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
In 2 years,

Ryan White >>>> Kyle Chipchura !!

Enough said !!

If you're not joking, let me ask: Did Chipchura kill your grandma or something? Your hate for a guy who has just cracked the lineup and hasn't fully progressed yet is astounding. How you could think White is hot stuff compared to Chip is something. Do you have a crystal ball or is your absolute confidence that your brain is right good enough for you?

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:03 PM
  #15
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Slowly but surely.......



No time to write....eating crow as we speak....

Honestly, I like what I saw so far from him this year and honestly really surprised. Again, I will always have opinions and if I can go back to see development and rookie camps....I will always comment on what I'm seeing....but I probably won't be as certain that a guy will make it or not......And guys honestly......if you would've seen the camps, you would've come with the same conclusions....

And you obviously all forgetting that the last dev. camp, I named him rookie of the day.....

But he's still not in the NHL just yet. But he is doing much better than I expected.
One thing is for sure, Ryan White would've excelled in a game like tonight's.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:19 PM
  #16
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
From what i've read, i have a vision of homeless men's Brandon Morrow.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:21 PM
  #17
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
One thing is for sure, Ryan White would've excelled in a game like tonight's.
I still believe that he needs to be faster. But after seeing him when they were at the Bell Centre and I was really 6 rows from the ice, he definately improved on that already.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.