HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Canucks Doing their Best Tom Petty Impersonation

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Eric Sachs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
No, it's my prerogative to have that opinion and people like you insult me about it all the time, so why is this case any different if I call you guys out on it for saying you have more knowledge than an nhl coach? It's the same situation really.

I say you guys don't know more than an nhl coach in this case, and you guys well within your right say AV is an idiot. I say you're wrong for saying that. You say I'm wrong for my brodeur opinions based on the same argument.
Well Av is saying something that is factually wrong. Its not opinion based at all. Its factual.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

Quote:
No, it's my prerogative to have that opinion and people like you insult me about it all the time, so why is this case any different if I call you guys out on it for saying you have more knowledge than an nhl coach? It's the same situation really.

I say you guys don't know more than an nhl coach in this case, and you guys well within your right say AV is an idiot. I say you're wrong for saying that, you say I'm wrong for my brodeur opinions based on the same argument.
A. You never answered what your opinion is on whether the Devils are CURRENTLY a trapping team or not.

B. GMs have consistently voted for Brodeur for various awards such as the Vezina and Hart showing that he is one of the best in the game. Vigneault made one comment which I didnt even hear. It could have been taken out of context. He could be basing it off their past reputation, which would make it inaccurate. Or he could just be plain bitter that they just beat his team.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Dialamo
Nu Joyzee Dovals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur4Vez View Post
Be honest with yourself. If you know ANYTHING AT ALL about hockey, you'll admit that the Devils first and third goals required HARD 2 MAN FORECHECKING. If you cant admit that, youre an even bigger joke than I thought. Rather than try to dance around this issue like I know you would love to, answer me this:

Is the statement I just made about the Devils first and third goals accurate?
Please note that Rover has not answered this question yet.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Nieds View Post
So Rover, do you think your team lost tonight because of the trap?
We lost due to **** goaltending. All 3 of the first goals were utter garbage. We were down by 2 goals before you even blinked.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Quote:
We lost due to **** goaltending. All 3 of the first goals were utter garbage. We were down by 2 goals before you even blinked.
Yes, but was the early lack of scoring on Vancouver's part because of the trap, or because the Canucks were being heavily outplayed.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Eric Sachs

Quote:
Then we trapped the Nucks to death by scoring 2 more goals.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Rover*

AV's comments were just replayed on radio and I don't have it word for word but it was something like,

Anytime you give a strong defensive oriented team a 3 goal lead, who basically sit back with 5 guys in the neutral zone, it makes it challenging. There wasn't a lot of room on the ice out there like tonight. Their team does a good job of clogging up the neutral zone.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
So ends yet another edition of a long, storied, and utterly pointless debate.

Closed Thread