HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Canucks Doing their Best Tom Petty Impersonation

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
  #126
Eric Sachs
Registered User
 
Eric Sachs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Japan
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
No, it's my prerogative to have that opinion and people like you insult me about it all the time, so why is this case any different if I call you guys out on it for saying you have more knowledge than an nhl coach? It's the same situation really.

I say you guys don't know more than an nhl coach in this case, and you guys well within your right say AV is an idiot. I say you're wrong for saying that. You say I'm wrong for my brodeur opinions based on the same argument.
Well Av is saying something that is factually wrong. Its not opinion based at all. Its factual.

Eric Sachs is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
  #127
Ol Dirty Bstrd
Registered User
 
Ol Dirty Bstrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
No, it's my prerogative to have that opinion and people like you insult me about it all the time, so why is this case any different if I call you guys out on it for saying you have more knowledge than an nhl coach? It's the same situation really.

I say you guys don't know more than an nhl coach in this case, and you guys well within your right say AV is an idiot. I say you're wrong for saying that, you say I'm wrong for my brodeur opinions based on the same argument.
A. You never answered what your opinion is on whether the Devils are CURRENTLY a trapping team or not.

B. GMs have consistently voted for Brodeur for various awards such as the Vezina and Hart showing that he is one of the best in the game. Vigneault made one comment which I didnt even hear. It could have been taken out of context. He could be basing it off their past reputation, which would make it inaccurate. Or he could just be plain bitter that they just beat his team.

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:03 AM
  #128
Dialamo
Nu Joyzee Dovals
 
Dialamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur4Vez View Post
Be honest with yourself. If you know ANYTHING AT ALL about hockey, you'll admit that the Devils first and third goals required HARD 2 MAN FORECHECKING. If you cant admit that, youre an even bigger joke than I thought. Rather than try to dance around this issue like I know you would love to, answer me this:

Is the statement I just made about the Devils first and third goals accurate?
Please note that Rover has not answered this question yet.

Dialamo is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:04 AM
  #129
Rover*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 13,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Nieds View Post
So Rover, do you think your team lost tonight because of the trap?
We lost due to **** goaltending. All 3 of the first goals were utter garbage. We were down by 2 goals before you even blinked.

Rover* is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
  #130
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,291
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
We lost due to **** goaltending. All 3 of the first goals were utter garbage. We were down by 2 goals before you even blinked.
Yes, but was the early lack of scoring on Vancouver's part because of the trap, or because the Canucks were being heavily outplayed.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
  #131
Eric Sachs
Registered User
 
Eric Sachs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Japan
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
We lost due to **** goaltending. All 3 of the first goals were utter garbage. We were down by 2 goals before you even blinked.
Then we trapped the Nucks to death by scoring 2 more goals.

Eric Sachs is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
  #132
Rover*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 13,845
vCash: 500
AV's comments were just replayed on radio and I don't have it word for word but it was something like,

Anytime you give a strong defensive oriented team a 3 goal lead, who basically sit back with 5 guys in the neutral zone, it makes it challenging. There wasn't a lot of room on the ice out there like tonight. Their team does a good job of clogging up the neutral zone.

Rover* is offline  
Old
01-14-2009, 01:10 AM
  #133
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,195
vCash: 500
Awards:
So ends yet another edition of a long, storied, and utterly pointless debate.

Classic Devil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.