HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Adam Foote worth $4.4 mill?

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2004, 07:49 PM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
Is Adam Foote worth $4.4 mill?

Or would you rather have a guy say Hannan or Reghr even Hamhuis.

Old
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I'd say he is. He's one of the best stay-at-home defensemen in the game, and probably will be till he starts slowing down in the next few years.

Old
08-03-2004, 08:26 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Or would you rather have a guy say Hannan or Reghr even Hamhuis.
1 year deal

foote any day of the week.

Long term, Ill take one of the other two. Foote was awful last year. But before i say "hes done, ship em for a younger guy" id rather wait and see if it was just a bad season, and not a down turn.

because if it was just a bad season, Comparing foote to those guys is just wrong.. bordering on basphamy.

Old
08-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
1 year deal

Long term, Ill take one of the other two. Foote was awful last year. But before i say "hes done, ship em for a younger guy" id rather wait and see if it was just a bad season, and not a down turn.

because if it was just a bad season, Comparing foote to those guys is just wrong.. bordering on basphamy.
He had an off-year, much like Lidstrom, but he wasn't awful. By his standards, he had a bad year, but compared to the rest of the league.......he was still head and shoulders over almost everyone.

Foote in a heartbeat. He isn't slowing down, yet, and still has plenty left in the tank. His grit and leadership abilities are truly met by only a few in the game......

08-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Foote was certainly not awful last year. He had a weak playoffs, and a decent regular season which was overshadowed by Rob Blake's Norris-worthy performance.

I still don't see the relevence of this thread. Yes he's worth 4.4 million, and I think at this point in his career I wouldn't trade him for Regehr or Hannan--I'd think long and hard about Hamhuis though. Then again, this is the Avs homer inside me speaking.

Old
08-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
1 year deal

That'd be my response.

Old
08-03-2004, 09:47 PM
X8oD

To the Avs fans,

Awful may of been a strong word. But he was definitely Awful by his standards. I said in the past, i HATED when the wings played him. He was dirty, he was physical... And he was good. I hated it.

Last year i watched him Run from Shanahan. Back in the hayday of the rivalry, he would ALWAYS give shanny a good fight. Even when they dropped the gloves Foote held his own. Last year was the first year ive seen him back down. He was not good last year, and even worse in the play-offs.

Though, i conceed your lidstrom point. And I wonder if perhaps Foote was trying to do too much at the start of the season, much like Lidstrom, and it wore him out. When the wings started thier Hospital ward immitation, Lidstrom tried to do too much. He wasnt very good when he did that. [though he not being good is still better than 75% of the NHL]. I know the avs didnt start off hot last year, and wonder if that wore Foote down. I dont see enough avs game to know for sure.

that said, Id still take Foote over any of the names listed short term. And if he returns to form next year, even long term.

Old
08-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
I dont see enough avs game to know for sure.
I think that may be your issue then in judging Foote. You've obviously viewed the Avs/Wings games, and in those games, I'd point to the Avs as a team not being "up" for the challenge. But, it doesn't appear that you've watched many other contests involving Foote this past season. He still, for the most part, played with his normal rough and tough edge, still showed his great positional know how on the ice, and was a model of consistency.

As for not "fighting" Shanny--well, I can say that in the past 3 years Foote hasn't been up to fighting many people. If you look at the past 5 years, Foote's PIMs have dropped drastically, in part, due to his lack of fights.

Again, I'll contend that Foote's 2003-04 regular season, although not as great as his 2002-03 regular season (which many concede as being his career year), was still top notch. Nothing special, but then again, that's how Foote makes a living, but working hard and going unnoticed. His playoffs however, stuck out. And when a stay-at-home defenseman's game stands out, it usually is a bad thing.

You've also got to look at Granato trying to change this team's defensive mindset, which was previously employed during the Hartley regime. Foote has a decent pass, but isn't one to think offense first, which is what Granato was trying to get his defenseman to do in more situations.

Old
08-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Adam Foote at $4.4M?

Money well spent. Absolutely, positively worth every cent.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
There aren't a lot of defensemen in the league I'd want to see signed for that much. But Foote is one of them. Even after an off season, I just expect him to come back next season that much hungrier to win. The guy plays to win, nothing less every night, and he's proven that he's damned good at it too.

Aucoin will likely win around there in arbitration, and I'd trade Aucoin for Foote in a heartbeat and never look back.

Old
08-04-2004, 12:01 AM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Adam Foote at $4.4M?

Money well spent. Absolutely, positively worth every cent.
Yep, Foote is one of my favourite players outside of Vancouver.. he always plays the game tough and he is one of the best at his position defensively imo.

Old
08-04-2004, 01:06 AM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Foote is god. He can make as much money as he wants. Same with Chelios.

Closed Thread