HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kypreos rumor: Schneider to become a Hab

Old
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Didn't check Calgary's roster, but if they don't need Chipchura right now and he's just depth for the future for them, wouldn't Calgary ask for Ryan White instead? A guy that played in their backyard for a while, who knows what the Habs management think of Chipchura and saying that there might be no room for both White and Chipchura and decided to keep Chipchura instead....

Honestly, and I'm gonna get laughed at for saying this....I would not trade Ryan White right now. I would be more tempted to let Chip go than White. But I'm just thinking that Calgary could be tempted to bring the kid back home.
Well Kyle Chipchura is a good western boy, who has represented Canada. He's a lot more hyped and "cherished" than White.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:06 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
You're serious with this affirmation?
+1 no *****!

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
+1 no *****!
welcome

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Very true...Nothing significant anyway....
Yeah, trading for Tanguay and Lang wasn't significant at all, I mean, when you compare that to getting Giordano or Schneider...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Mustafa*

Kypreos? Un cadeau de Grecque? no thanks!

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I love Chipchura, but Ryan White is a similar player who can replace him in our system.. Giordano is a very good young defenseman.

To Calgary: Chipchura + O'Byrne
To Montreal: Giordano + Keetley

?
uggg...No THANKS!

Giordano is an ok yougish player, but he's soft as butter and still on pace for over 70 minutes in the penalty box... you know why? because he constantly takes bad penalties, mostly when he gets beat in the defensive zone.

He's got some skill, but lacks the defensive zone awareness to be an effective top four dman, and brings Zero to the table physically speaking. I'm amazing myself by saying this, but overall we are better off with Chipchura+Brisebois than with Giordano (since Giordano would essentially be picking up minutes from Brisebois).

With Carle/Weber both close to getting a shot to stick with the team (not too mention Subban/Weber/Fisher/McDonaugh coming up the pipeline), we really don't need to be giving up an asset like Chipchura for a guy like Giordano, who at this point has shown little more than being a bottom pairing dman with enough offensive/puck moving skill to be a solid 2nd pp unit player.

Chipchura, on the other hand, continues to look like a guy that can be the bedrock of a great third line, not too mention the leadership qualities and winning mentality...

if he gets moved, I'm betting it will only be as part of a package for an all-star caliber player, I don't see Gainey dealing him otherwise.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Eband00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
All your players are belong to us!!
Starcraft cheat code???

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Doc McKenna

LOL no an old game "All your base are belong to us" "Someone set up us the bomb." Zero wing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Well Kyle Chipchura is a good western boy, who has represented Canada. He's a lot more hyped and "cherished" than White.
Chip also captained Team Canada to a WJC Gold for Brent Sutter, the brother of the Flames' GM. Darryl was all smiles when he drafted Phaneuf in 2003 with knowledge about his character from brother Brent who coached Dion in Red Deer.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
sheed36

Read on another board that Kypreos said again today on Hockeycentral @ noon that Schneider is still coming to the Habs and Higgins is involved...If Kypreos honestly thinks Gainey is gonna trade Higgins for a 39 year old UFA to be with a lousy contract I want some of the stuff he is smoking...Anyway how can Higgins be going to ATL when he is going to Tampa as part of the Vinny package...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Read on another board that Kypreos said again today on Hockeycentral @ noon that Schneider is still coming to the Habs and Higgins is involved...If Kypreos honestly thinks Gainey is gonna trade Higgins for a 39 year old UFA to be with a lousy contract I want some of the stuff he is smoking...Anyway how can Higgins be going to ATL when he is going to Tampa as part of the Vinny package...
Because he's going to Atlanta in a deal where Montreal would land Schneider and Kovalchuk

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote