HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Resign Jurcina?

View Poll Results: Should we sign Jurcina to Extension?
Yes 13 30.23%
No 30 69.77%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Dunno...Mo has been playing pretty damn well for 15 games or so. I don't see him moved unless it's for an upgrade who is locked up for a few more years.

I would be surprised if anyone is shipped out before summer though.
I don't think Mo gets brought back next year due to cap issues. A top 4 of Green, Alzner, Schultz and Poti is good.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
I don't think Mo gets brought back next year due to cap issues. A top 4 of Green, Alzner, Schultz and Poti is good.
I think his return is in doubt for sure, but I think more likely it happens after the year.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:10 PM
FrankM73

I voted yes to resign...

the reason: GMGM rarely let's an asset go for nothing...

if I'm GMGM looking at this from an asset perspective, then I resign Jurcina and if he gets beat by Carlson, Lepisto or someone else (like himself) then I trade him and get something in return...

this regime will not let a player go that if they think they could get something in return for himin a trade...

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:55 AM
BamaCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post
I voted yes to resign...

the reason: GMGM rarely let's an asset go for nothing...

if I'm GMGM looking at this from an asset perspective, then I resign Jurcina and if he gets beat by Carlson, Lepisto or someone else (like himself) then I trade him and get something in return...

this regime will not let a player go that if they think they could get something in return for himin a trade...
That is not appropriate in the salary cap era. Jurcina sucks and no one will have cap room for him. Trade him for picks NOW. Those first two goals against Edmonton that were all they needed were all on him. He made a lazy clear they scored. on the PP his man had his stick on the ice in the crease and they scored.

BamaCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:30 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
As Alzner goes, Jurcina goes. Alzner has been on the ice for a lot of goals too. Its not all on Juice. No one dman can go it alone. Mo has had his struggles, Green, Erskine, Sarge; Juice is hardly alone. Until we have a man on the backline that can smash guy into the glass, Juice stays.

I hope he destroys the milkman tonight and silences his critics for a game.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
As Alzner goes, Jurcina goes. Alzner has been on the ice for a lot of goals too. Its not all on Juice. No one dman can go it alone. Mo has had his struggles, Green, Erskine, Sarge; Juice is hardly alone. Until we have a man on the backline that can smash guy into the glass, Juice stays.

I hope he destroys the milkman tonight and silences his critics for a game.
Don't go getting all rational on us now Randy!

You're right though. Alzner is his partner and aside from last night where I thought he looked better, the previous two games were the worst so far for Alzner IMO.

They're slumping, they'll come out of it. I voted no earlier out of anger, but I don't see them letting Juice go for nothing.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote