HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs lose 3-1

Old
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
People on the Bruins board are actually calling the hit ''cheap''...are they blind or just dumb? And AK a cheap shot artist? This is his first incident and it wasn't even dirty. AK was hitting with his elbow and was sideway, he didn't run at the guy, Ward is just too weak to take a clean hit I guess.
Ak may not be a cheap shot artist as the same breeds as Jerko Ruuto or Holwig...but I wouldn't call him a clean player either... remember that cheap move on Van Ryn where he took his skates out and put him into the boards?? that was dirty (there are other examples, but i feel that is the best one)

Not saying he is a cheap shot artist...just saying he will not win a Lady Bynge anytime soon either, he is no angel, that is all.

The hit deserved a 2 mins, 5 was harsh... Ward never came back into the game, and Ward isn't made of glass, the guy is a vet and a hard nosed player, I think he just went into the boards funny because it didn't look like an over powering hit or anything but you never know what gets tweaked when a guy gets hit from behind and trys to brace himself while going into the boards like that... regardless 5 mins was a lot and surprised he got that much... 2 mins would have been suffieceint

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
Ak may not be a cheap shot artist as the same breeds as Jerko Ruuto or Holwig...but I wouldn't call him a clean player either... remember that cheap move on Van Ryn where he took his skates out and put him into the boards?? that was dirty (there are other examples, but i feel that is the best one)

Not saying he is a cheap shot artist...just saying he will not win a Lady Bynge anytime soon either, he is no angel, that is all.

The hit deserved a 2 mins, 5 was harsh... Ward never came back into the game, and Ward isn't made of glass, the guy is a vet and a hard nosed player, I think he just went into the boards funny because it didn't look like an over powering hit or anything but you never know what gets tweaked when a guy gets hit from behind and trys to brace himself while going into the boards like that... regardless 5 mins was a lot and surprised he got that much... 2 mins would have been suffieceint
He is made of glass, he has been injured like 4 times in the 2 seasons.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
He is made of glass, he has been injured like 4 times in the 2 seasons.
your right, i looked into that...he is been in and out consistently throughout the year...maybe he is made of glass

Old
01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:

Actually it was pointed out by the Bruin announcers last night. That Ward left the game because he was hurt while blocking a shot *coincidentally by AKost* after the hit. He might have been hurt by the hit, but it was blocking the shot that made him leave the game.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 01:52 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Ward was so badly hurt that he served Thomas's penalty and took a shift on the power play when the penalty was over.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Damn... Chara looks even dumber than Lucic.

I'm sure he doesn't even know what a bribe is. Julien had to draw him a picture an'all.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:08 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
They share a brain, since Lucy didn't play he got the whole thing that night!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
People on the Bruins board are actually calling the hit ''cheap''...are they blind or just dumb? And AK a cheap shot artist? This is his first incident and it wasn't even dirty. AK was hitting with his elbow and was sideway, he didn't run at the guy, Ward is just too weak to take a clean hit I guess.
They call the brothers the Olsen twins,not bad,I guess the girls hit pretty hard

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
The best one that you got completely wrong making your entire post BS

You have been watching too many Crying Corner with dumb cherry. Plus you couldn't even get it right. It was Luke Shenn(sp) and it was an icing race for the puck. AK tried to put his stick through LS skate to touch the puck on the end boards because shenn was obstructing him all the way into the zone. Take a look. He also didn't run him into the boards. Shenn got up unfazed by the incident. As that happens on any icing!
The other time was Van Ryan playing the puck moving towards the back of the net then reversing flow and turning his back on Tom Kostopolous. Not the same guy. It wasn't an icing on this incident. We had a frame by frame and it was less than 2 frames that his numbers faced Tommy K.
So people should stop watching the 85 IQ dumb cherry and think for themselves. He proves himself wrong on most night, but is always willing to pat himself on the back for anything even if he said something different the week before. He is an egotistical self promoter that never pays attention to what he actually says on any given week.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
The n00b King *

If anything, Thomas going for Andrei's face was the cheapest thing that happened during the game. He came out of his net after the whistle to do that. How Thomas got less than Andrei is mindnumbing.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

I'm sure he doesn't even know what a bribe is. Julien had to draw him a picture an'all.
LOL, Im thinking new profile picture.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
BobbyAwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
we make Thomas look like an all star
A lot of teams do

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
If anything, Thomas going for Andrei's face was the cheapest thing that happened during the game. He came out of his net after the whistle to do that. How Thomas got less than Andrei is mindnumbing.
Good question, Isn't head shots and bergeron what the bruins were crying about all last year? nvermind the power of a crosscheck from a goalie stick. They are not flexible like a whippy polycarb stick. The only reason I see this as a huge issue is because they are such babies they had to go get the review of AK46 hit, BTW the league reviewed it and said it shouldn't have even been 5 minutes as reported on 990.

Old
01-14-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
Good question, Isn't head shots and bergeron what the bruins were crying about all last year? nvermind the power of a crosscheck from a goalie stick. They are not flexible like a whippy polycarb stick. The only reason I see this as a huge issue is because they are such babies they had to go get the review of AK46 hit, BTW the league reviewed it and said it shouldn't have even been 5 minutes as reported on 990.
Maggy the Monkey could of figured that one out...it shouldn't have been a penalty at all

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Doc McKenna

They had an interview with Thomas and he said he watched the review and it wasn't bad at all and he over reacted a bit on the play. But I guess all those rabid bruins fans that say AK is the dirtiest player in hockey must be right, and not their own goalie.
Regardless of the crappy reffing, I think we still could have won the game. It was close. The last goal could very well have moved 1 cm the otherway and bounced out instead of in. They got the bounces last night. Let them have their luck now and let it run out come april.

Old
01-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
The best one that you got completely wrong making your entire post BS

You have been watching too many Crying Corner with dumb cherry. Plus you couldn't even get it right. It was Luke Shenn(sp) and it was an icing race for the puck. AK tried to put his stick through LS skate to touch the puck on the end boards because shenn was obstructing him all the way into the zone. Take a look. He also didn't run him into the boards. Shenn got up unfazed by the incident. As that happens on any icing!
The other time was Van Ryan playing the puck moving towards the back of the net then reversing flow and turning his back on Tom Kostopolous. Not the same guy. It wasn't an icing on this incident. We had a frame by frame and it was less than 2 frames that his numbers faced Tommy K.
So people should stop watching the 85 IQ dumb cherry and think for themselves. He proves himself wrong on most night, but is always willing to pat himself on the back for anything even if he said something different the week before. He is an egotistical self promoter that never pays attention to what he actually says on any given week.
I had the wrong player... my bad... VanRyn stuck out, so i thought it was him, but your right he had all that hoopla for the Kostopolous hit...regardless, when I saw the Akost play live... i literally said out loud "That is dirt"...and sure enough next coach's corner Cherry goes on about how it was a cheap shot...if you watch the replay he pays NO attention to the puck, his stick is on Schenn's skate from goal line in, he is pushing his skate to trip him... go ahead, watch for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSKLqb-YxU

Like I said...not saying he is a cheap shot artist, he is a talented player... I am merely just saying he is no angel, and will make questionable plays that is all.

Old
01-14-2009, 05:27 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Maggy the Monkey could of figured that one out...it shouldn't have been a penalty at all
Even the Bruins brass agree it shouldn't have been a 5 min penalty. I don't care if we didn't score on the 4 on 3...they got a 5 on 3 instead of a 5 on 4. Thomas said that he exaggerated and reacted to the noise, just like the ref. But Bruins fans won't admit it was a bad call, even if their whole team admits it.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 05:29 PM
la25ecoupe

Hahahahah

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=2&id=30263

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Well, I still maintain the Bruins got lucky last night. The calls went the Bruins' way pretty much throughout.

While I do think the Kostitsyn's throw some questionable hits, I simply could not believe Andrei was called ofr a major when he hit Ward. I saw worse hits in the same game that weren't called at all. So...inconsistent refereeing at best.

I'll also say that Thomas stood on his head and Chara played a fantastic game to keep it tight until the 5-on-3. It could have gone the other way if the calls were different, IMO.

Good game.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Well, I still maintain the Bruins got lucky last night. The calls went the Bruins' way pretty much throughout.

While I do think the Kostitsyn's throw some questionable hits, I simply could not believe Andrei was called ofr a major when he hit Ward. I saw worse hits in the same game that weren't called at all. So...inconsistent refereeing at best.

I'll also say that Thomas stood on his head and Chara played a fantastic game to keep it tight until the 5-on-3. It could have gone the other way if the calls were different, IMO.

Good game.
Yes finally a Ruins fan who can post without talking about fighting and how we scab fans suck. congrats sir. welcome back anytime.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Yes finally a Ruins fan who can post without talking about fighting and how we scab fans suck. congrats sir. welcome back anytime.
Well, he still is a fan of theirs, no need to go that far!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:40 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Haha, I'll pick my spots. You won't see me over here unless I have something decent to say so...don't get too used to it. lol

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:44 PM
eph1413*

Also disagree with the call but I wanted to stand up for Ward a little.
If you watch the whole sequence. Ward was already hurt when he went towards the boards (blocked a shot), so he was ready to fall down anyway, he was just desperately trying to get the puck out so he could get off the ice. He normally could have taken that hit better and it wouldn't have looked so bad.

He gets hurt a lot, but he always seems to come back strong. Ward is a warrior and I don't think he was trying to play up the call.

eph1413* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:58 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eph1413 View Post
Also disagree with the call but I wanted to stand up for Ward a little.
If you watch the whole sequence. Ward was already hurt when he went towards the boards (blocked a shot), so he was ready to fall down anyway, he was just desperately trying to get the puck out so he could get off the ice. He normally could have taken that hit better and it wouldn't have looked so bad.

He gets hurt a lot, but he always seems to come back strong. Ward is a warrior and I don't think he was trying to play up the call.
oh great i said one poster not the whole bunch a ya's. Ward dove accept it and never ever call us DIVERS again. got it ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
lol...oh gawd, don't let Lord Chezz see this.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote