HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Laraque will be back when his mind is on hockey

Old
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
koivu

vCash: 500
hopefully they had good insurance on him, and don't have to pay the full salary for him being out... because he has been the biggest bust this year for the Habs.

I am glad actually he is out, we don't need him. He hardly moves, you wince every time he is out there - its like the other team has a 5 on 4 advantage.
And if hes not gonna fight, just go away already.

I just hope Komi and everyone just hit Lucic all night - to show they are not going to take his crap --- would be great to see the Russians take a couple of shots at him - that would get everyone going.

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
C4KOMI

he needs to step up in playoffs if not bye bye.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
At the risk of getting a warning, you really are useless fool when it comes to fighting and intimidation. Kostopoulos doesn't protect anyone, he simply moves in after happens, brigning the other into the penalty box for 5 min to try and cool him down after most likely getting a beatdown yet again. We don't need a Colton Orr or a Jared Boll who will just drop em for the hell of it, that's not our team's phylosophie nor has it been for over 20 years. Laraque wasn't brought in to be our goon. He was brought in as a policeman to prevent dirty stuff from happening, especially when we're winning games by a large margain, point in case would be (yes i know i'm repeating again) that game we won againts Ottawa with Chris Neil doing absolutely nothing because he knew the 1st thing he tried he'd get pummeled just like Gratton or Peters or Fedoruk. He is usefull when he's healthy, that's the problem right now, he's not out of shape, he still wants to play for this team, he knows what his role is. He's injured and has been since the start of the training camp, and it's about freackin time you get it threw your thick head
I think my last post needs to pushed just to remind everyone of why he is here and why he's not as effective as his previous years.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by koivu View Post
hopefully they had good insurance on him, and don't have to pay the full salary for him being out... because he has been the biggest bust this year for the Habs.

I am glad actually he is out, we don't need him. He hardly moves, you wince every time he is out there - its like the other team has a 5 on 4 advantage.
And if hes not gonna fight, just go away already.

I just hope Komi and everyone just hit Lucic all night - to show they are not going to take his crap --- would be great to see the Russians take a couple of shots at him - that would get everyone going.
The guy has pinal disc herniation, that's why he's been below average in the games he's played.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 02:35 AM
peperebougon*

Geoges hasn't been healthy all year. He played very good hockey the last couple games. And then people think he would have chose this time to bail out? Or Carbo would have left him aside after working with him on his play??? he was establishing himself as a regular!!!! I wonder sometimes if we all live in the same world. Use your brains!!!

Quote:
I think my last post needs to pushed just to remind everyone of why he is here and why he's not as effective as his previous years.
My thoughts exactly....good to see I am not alone...can't wait for Georges to be back....healthy.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-14-2009 at 08:32 AM.
peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
The guy has pinal disc herniation, that's why he's been below average in the games he's played.
Ouch not good, where did you hear/read this Seb?

01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Ouch not good, where did you hear/read this Seb?
I can confirm that Seb comment is exactly right

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Please do by providing some kind of link or information that verifies this. You can't just simply confirm somebody else's post by saying it is true without anything to back that up. Because if this is true we better start thinking he is done for the season. A hernia is not something that is quickly or easily repaired.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:14 PM
CanadienErrant*

BGL !... What a waste !

His body and his mind are all crooked.

He said he has 15 pounds to loose to help his back, but he won't be able to fight heavyweights anymore if he is ONLY 240 !!!!

So, basically, he is warning the club and us that he won't fight more, maybe even less than now.

Get rid of him Bob !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
BGL !... What a waste !

His body and his mind are all crooked.

He said he has 15 pounds to loose to help his back, but he won't be able to fight heavyweights anymore if he is ONLY 240 !!!!

So, basically, he is warning the club and us that he won't fight more, maybe even less than now.

Get rid of him Bob !
Where exactly did you read that? I mean seriously, the more you keep posting the less and less your posts get interesting or truthfull. Jokes like you shoudn't even have the right to post at a place where real hockey fans come to discuss real things, go back to the RDS talkback where some people might actually find your input usefull

Old
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Where exactly did you read that? I mean seriously, the more you keep posting the less and less your posts get interesting or truthfull. Jokes like you shoudn't even have the right to post at a place where real hockey fans come to discuss real things, go back to the RDS talkback where some people might actually find your input usefull

BGL said it himself on CKAC this afternoon.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post

BGL said it himself on CKAC this afternoon.
did he? re-read the article on their site, he wants to lose weight because of his back, but not enough to be at a disadvantage againts guys that are over 275 pounds like Boogard or Fritzs or Ivanans, he said he wants to get back at 255 pounds, that he did played at 243 pounds in the past. If that article proved anything IT'S THAT HE DOES TAKE HIS ROLE AS AN ENFORCER MORE SERIOUSLY THEN YOU EXPECTED and that fighting will still very much be apart of his job description.

Last edited by Maxpac: 01-15-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old
01-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Thanks HABsurde, but where did you and Seb hear/read this?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Because of all the rumours swirling around BGL, the Habs coach Guy Carbonneau, Bob Gainey, Communications person and Julien Brisebois all agreed for those players placed on Injured reserve, they will now list specific reason and not the usual upper body and lower body injuries.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/13774

Close thread and Tony Marinaro looks like an....

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Because of all the rumours swirling around BGL, the Habs coach Guy Carbonneau, Bob Gainey, Communications person and Julien Brisebois all agreed for those players placed on Injured reserve, they will now list specific reason and not the usual upper body and lower body injuries.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/13774

Close thread and Tony Marinaro looks like an....
... and so do those who, like him, desperately need to find ways to put Laraque down and who jumped on the occasion to believe him and spread that crap on here!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
... and so do those who, like him, desperately need to find ways to put Laraque down and who jumped on the occasion to believe him and spread that crap on here!
And I'll end with AMEN!

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
SAKS AVENUE

So if BGL has a back problem and now the Habs are changing the rules to disclose injuries because of rumours, are those Carbo comments even true?

The ones where he questioned whether Larauque was in shape or how his groin injury got worse over the Christmas break....bla, bla, bla,

anyone know?

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm just wondering....at one point will he be considered a cancer on that team....if he's let go or traded or can we actually see despite still being on the team that he's more a distraction than anything else right now.

Having said all of that, Habs knew his condition and went for him anyway with a 3-year contract....not Gainey's greatest decision....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-15-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm just wondering....at one point will he be considered a cancer on that team....if he's let go or traded or can we actually see despite still being on the team that he's more a distraction than anything else right now.

Having said all of that, Habs knew his condition and went for him anyway with a 3-year contract....not Gainey's greatest decision....
Why would he be considerd a cancer when he's not even playing and you don't even want a goon on the team? He's not distracting, just the media creating BS over his case, witch thank god, is case closed now.