HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Backman and Tyutin

Old
01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Zherdev is what...23 years old? He is going to live up to his potential.

Let's stop the fighting. The trade filled both teams' holes. Well if you consider Redden, the hole just got bigger, but let's not think of that It was a move for the future. We needed a scoring winger and we have two defensemen with 1st pairing potential on their way to the NHL.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
I agree. Like I said. I think it is a fair trade. Zherdev is doing what he does. Shows flash, goes invisible, shows flash, does the minimum, has a few good games. That is Zherdev--this isn't a secret.

Rangers fans are making it out like he is doing things in Manhattan that Jackets fans never seen before. He is who he is. Has the potential to score 80-90 points, but will probably be content with himself if he throws up 60-70 every year. I am not sure why people are so offended by this thought.
I think it's because you're making him out to be somebody who doesn't make an effort during those periods, and while that was the case several times over here, that may be less of the case in MSG. (It certainly was less of the case here before he was traded.)

Then again, I haven't watched a Rangers game since they visited the Nat (and the Czech Republic series before that), so I can't really talk about what the reality may be.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Without going into details, I get more frustrated every day I log onto the Rangers boards and see what idiots decided to expose their lack of hockey knowledge. If you frequent the Rangers boards you'll quickly come to find that many posters base their opinions on as short of a period as possible. Henrik Lundqvist is falling apart because of 1 bad game, Michal Rozsival should be waived after a bad game despite being top 10 in NHL scoring for defensemen, Prucha should get more playing time... no wait Dawes... no Fritsche... no Prucha... etc. etc. etc. What I'm getting at here is that Fedor Tyutin had, at best, a mediocre run the last few months of last year and was specifically lackluster during the playoffs. Some Ranger fans were HOPING he would get traded. For some fans, the 2.5 years Tyutin had where he looked wonderful were forgotten for a few fluky months he had at a whole 24 years old. Many Ranger fans wanted Dawes as the odd man out, and now he's "without a doubt a mainstay" in the lineup. There are some great posters on the Rangers board, but believe me, there are more than enough idiots on the board to go around. The fans with half of a brain knew how good of a defenseman Tyutin would be for Columbus, but we also knew that Tyutin was without a doubt a necessary sacrifice.
Boy, does all that sound familiar.

More and more I suspect every hockey fanbase is just as bipolar as we are. This just adds more data.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
So that's cool...he has been doing the same things now as he has been all year? You mean the same things that had lead to him being benched several times in a row? Cool.

Someone has an extraordinary bias of Zherdev and it certainly isn't me. I know (and have seen this year) exactly what he is like.

Sounds like someone is buying into the idiot color guys' sales pitch.

Hey, if you are happy with him that's great. I am happy with the trade as well. I love Tyutin.
This whole year Zherdev has been "benched" (there's a difference between getting some time off to regroup and being punished for poor play) a whole period and a half... and then proceeded to score the shootout winner the same game. Saying Zherdev has been benched numerous times this year with that as your main evidence would be like saying Fedor Tyutin is injury prone after missing a game because of the flu. There's a difference between having an opinion and being wrong. There is no opinion on Zherdev being benched or not. It's a fact that you are completely wrong in your claims of him being benched. Go post a thread on the Rangers board titled "Why has Zherdev been benched so much?" and you'll get 3 pages of "" and "" and "" and "" followed by a moderator locking the thread.

I don't buy into anything any color commentator has to say. Howie Rose and Doc Emerick must have a mancrush on Zherdev too because all they do is praise him as well. In fact, Islanders and Devils fans must be biased in their praise of Zherdev. I'm not here to propagandize but if you ask around I think most would say I call it like it is with no bias affecting me.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
This whole year Zherdev has been "benched" (there's a difference between getting some time off to regroup and being punished for poor play) a whole period and a half... and then proceeded to score the shootout winner the same game. Saying Zherdev has been benched numerous times this year with that as your main evidence would be like saying Fedor Tyutin is injury prone after missing a game because of the flu. There's a difference between having an opinion and being wrong. There is no opinion on Zherdev being benched or not. It's a fact that you are completely wrong in your claims of him being benched. Go post a thread on the Rangers board titled "Why has Zherdev been benched so much?" and you'll get 3 pages of "" and "" and "" and "" followed by a moderator locking the thread.

I don't buy into anything any color commentator has to say. Howie Rose and Doc Emerick must have a mancrush on Zherdev too because all they do is praise him as well. In fact, Islanders and Devils fans must be biased in their praise of Zherdev. I'm not here to propagandize but if you ask around I think most would say I call it like it is with no bias affecting me.
Dude, I know for a face that Renney was having big issues with Zherdev around those times. He was turning the puck over constantly and yet Renney kept tossing him out there. The other players started to look at Renney sideways because of it. The benchings happened and you know it.

'He went out and scored the shootout winner' SO FRIGGIN' WHAT!! He has sick skills and a wicked shot. There is more to playing the game than the fan-friendly shootout--sheesh.

Look, you are making it out like Zherdev is out there working his nards off every night, and I see otherwise. Perhaps your definition of showing up every shift is much different than mine, in fact, it is clear that it is. I think YOU are wrong, so there. Shall we let this pissing contest subside?

You see what you see and I see what I see. Clearly we make our evaluations based on different standards. /conversation.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
I agree. Like I said. I think it is a fair trade. Zherdev is doing what he does. Shows flash, goes invisible, shows flash, does the minimum, has a few good games. That is Zherdev--this isn't a secret.

Rangers fans are making it out like he is doing things in Manhattan that Jackets fans never seen before. He is who he is. Has the potential to score 80-90 points, but will probably be content with himself if he throws up 60-70 every year. I am not sure why people are so offended by this thought.
No, you don't get it. If "flashes" is the word you are using to describe Zherdev's season then there is something wrong with your camera. Zherdev has been the most consistant Ranger game-by-game.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:21 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
No, you don't get it. If "flashes" is the word you are using to describe Zherdev's season then there is something wrong with your camera. Zherdev has been the most consistant Ranger game-by-game.
Doesn't say alot for the rest of the team then does it. It is all relative.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Bills09

To Toronto
Backman
Sestito
1st

To CBJ
Kubina

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
Edmonton could REALLY use Tyutin.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

I'd love for the Oilers to get Tyutin. He'd fit perfectly on our Top-4. I have no idea what CBJ wants or needs.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I'd love for the Oilers to get Tyutin. He'd fit perfectly on our Top-4. I have no idea what CBJ wants or needs.
They have no intentions of trading him pending overpayment. He's a perfect fit for them.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:38 PM
JorgeRocks!

What does Colombus want or need?

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:44 PM
OUJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
The Blue Jackets need a defenseman (preferably a top-four guy) who can produce on the power play.

They have partially addressed their need for a center with Jason Williams, but I would like to think they are still looking for more scoring.

OUJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUJacket View Post
The Blue Jackets need a defenseman (preferably a top-four guy) who can produce on the power play.

They have partially addressed their need for a center with Jason Williams, but I would like to think they are still looking for more scoring.
Please don't become a spokesman. If you think that they have found their center in Williams wow.

They STILL need a center and a pp d man. Williams is more depth for them with some pp potential.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
OUJacket

Quote:
Please don't become a spokesman. If you think that they have found their center in Williams wow.

They STILL need a center and a pp d man. Williams is more depth for them with some pp potential.
"Partially addressed" is the key. He isn't their center of need by any means, but he is a solid addition. That's all I was getting at.

OUJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUJacket View Post
"Partially addressed" is the key. He isn't their center of need by any means, but he is a solid addition. That's all I was getting at.
Gotcha.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Columbus wants to make the playoffs so they need to not trade with the team in the 9th spot in the West. Duh.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 07:16 PM
X0ssbar

Jackets aren't moving Tyutin. Guy has been a rock for us, is on pace for a career high in points and his contract is a steal.

Really I have no idea what the point of this thread is.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
For people to spell the city name correctly.

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:06 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
I fail to see how Zherdev's in and out play has anything to do with the system. Bottom line is, he plays when he wants to and always has.
I do think that the deal has worked out well for both teams though it seems as though you're harboring some negative feelings towards Zherdev. Expectations for him were high in Columbus and he never lived up to them. So far, he's been an exciting player to watch on a nightly basis and although he doesn't show up on the score sheet every night, on nearly every night he does something that makes you go WOW! I've yet to see this player who lazy and doesn't show up. There was one game against Washington, which I only saw the 2nd half of, where the coach wasn't happy with him. He seemed as unhappy with himself and ended up scoring the winning goal in a shoot out. After that game, he has been regularly one of the most visible players on the ice and this is in addition to his hot start.

Quote:
He was the most talented jackets forward too, and???
...and he's filled the offensive void created by the departure of Jagr and those are some pretty big shoes to fill

Quote:
He is solid and helps the jackets in many ways that don't show up on the scoresheet.

Jackets wanted Tyutin. Sather wanted Zherdev but needed to get rid of Backman's money so the only way the deal was done was to take Backman. Fritsche was a bit of a salary dump for the jackets.
Girardi and Staal are to reasons why the Rangers were able to use Tyutin, a great defenseman, to land a great forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Throw in Dubinsky and Staal and you've got a deal.
I wouldn't move Staal alone for Tyutin....and I really liked Tyutin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack21 View Post
I was wonder how much these two players are worth now.
Tyutin is worth a solid prospect and a late 1st or 2nd rounder.

Backman is trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Zherdev is what...23 years old? He is going to live up to his potential.

Let's stop the fighting. The trade filled both teams' holes. Well if you consider Redden, the hole just got bigger, but let's not think of that It was a move for the future. We needed a scoring winger and we have two defensemen with 1st pairing potential on their way to the NHL.
I really like 3 of their defenders and they all have solid NHL potential. Sangs, MDZ, and Kundratek. Good Job Slats!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
If I was in your position, neither would I. Perhaps you should note the context of the statement in question.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I do think that the deal has worked out well for both teams though it seems as though you're harboring some negative feelings towards Zherdev. Expectations for him were high in Columbus and he never lived up to them. So far, he's been an exciting player to watch on a nightly basis and although he doesn't show up on the score sheet every night, on nearly every night he does something that makes you go WOW! I've yet to see this player who lazy and doesn't show up. There was one game against Washington, which I only saw the 2nd half of, where the coach wasn't happy with him. He seemed as unhappy with himself and ended up scoring the winning goal in a shoot out. After that game, he has been regularly one of the most visible players on the ice and this is in addition to his hot start.

...and he's filled the offensive void created by the departure of Jagr and those are some pretty big shoes to fill

Girardi and Staal are to reasons why the Rangers were able to use Tyutin, a great defenseman, to land a great forward.

Tyutin is worth a solid prospect and a late 1st or 2nd rounder.

Backman is trash.

I really like 3 of their defenders and they all have solid NHL potential. Sangs, MDZ, and Kundratek. Good Job Slats!
For the record the game was vs. Ottawa, but your points still stand. Zherdev has been as consistent as you could ask for.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
None taken. I watch enough.
Not enough to come up with a fair and correct analysis, obviously.

Zherdev has been our best offensive player, bar none. You're talking about one of the league's least talented, least skilled, and worst offensive teams. He's spent practically the entire season playing on the wing of either Dubinsky, who has been slumping quite poorly, or Gomez, who has just been garbage this season. His opposite wings have included such greats as Aaron Voros and currently a rookie, Lauri Korpikoski, who has 2 goals on the year. He had some chemistry with Markus Naslund, but Tom Renney likes to have balance in hi lines.

Considering how little Zherdev has had to work with, I'm not dissapointed with him in the least.

As for Joe Michelleti, yeah, I'm SURE the Jackets announcers never verbally ****** anyone on that team. I've never watched a sports match of any sort on television and not heard an announcer act that way to one of the players.

By the way, I don't miss Tyutin. He's a solid 2nd pair defenseman, but I would make this trade every time. It's far easier to find a Tyutin in this sport than it is to find a Zherdev. I would never trade a first round pick for him. Maybe a really, really low first.

His contract IS great, however.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
To Toronto
Backman
Sestito
1st

To CBJ
Kubina
This.

Quote:
Right-handed PPQB, 1st line center, possibly a rental backup goalie if Leclaire's done for the year due to his ankle.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
In The Flesh

Tytuin was expendable with Staal and Girardi, like many have already stated. Would kill to still have him, but that means no Z, which means . Rangers will always need a superstar (jersey sales) and Z is that, or at least as close as we were going to get with the loss of Jagr. Z is sick, Rangers best talent. I can see Toots coming back to NY when his contracts up, especially if Renney's still here.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote