HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hainsey and Enstrom

Old
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
JorgeRocks!

vCash: 500
Hainsey and Enstrom

What could atlanta get for one of them, or both of them do you think?

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
AK

Maybe a 2nd for Enstrom?

His value's down right now, but he's got potential, and that counts for something in trade talks.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
What could atlanta get for one of them, or both of them do you think?
I reckon Atlanta will get another 3 years of quality service from Hainsey and another 10+ years from Enstrom.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Doug19

Hainsey is a bad hockey player with a bad contract. I don't think his trade value is good.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:29 PM
IslesDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Hainsey is a bad hockey player with a bad contract. I don't think his trade value is good.
Why do CBJ fans hate him so much after he left Columbus?

He is just a typical PP QB. Good offensively and mediocre defensively. Far from a "bad hockey player" He isn't incredible though.

IslesDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Redden for Enstrom

Please?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:46 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Why would ATL trade either of these players? They are ATL's future on the blueline.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesDude View Post

He is just a typical PP QB. Good offensively and mediocre defensively. Far from a "bad hockey player" He isn't incredible though.
LOL!!! typical PP QB are you kidding me? This guy let the puck flutter out of the zone more times than you can count in his stay with Columbus on the power-play. I've never seen a power-play QB shoot the puck into the defender more than this guy. Zherdev made his PP numbers last year and he should thank Zherdev for that nice contract he received. Hainsey unless he suddenly got awesome, was just average on the power-play and offered nothing 5 on 5. The only thing Hainsey excelled at was saving the puck from going across the line on those goals where the puck just trickles over the line, he was definitely good at clearing those pucks just before they crossed. Is he bad? not bad, but if he's playing above the 3rd pairing on the D the teams D is in bad shape.

Old
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I guess those 22 points Hainsey has this year are just lucky bounces. He has more points than any C-bus defenseman this year, and more PP points than any C-bus defenseman this year.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

After? He was the official whipping boy in his contract year.

There's just this strange irrational hatred of Hainsey that floated around on the CBJ boards. You get used to it after a while.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I guess those 22 points Hainsey has this year are just lucky bounces. He has more points than any C-bus defenseman this year, and more PP points than any C-bus defenseman this year.
Finally, someone who understands!!

Hainsey probably wouldn't fetch that much IMO because his contract, while pretty fair, is enough to put off some teams.

Enstrom could fetch a very good veteran defenseman at the deadline, but other than that scenario he won't be traded. And even then, he won't be traded. He's a horse you ride out.

I don't understand the point of these threads for players who are a virtual certainty not to be traded. Not that it isn't fun to speculate, but make a proposal.

01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Clearly Colombus doesn't need points from their defensemen, duh.

Values:

Hainsey - No idea, but he's been great when paired with a defensive defenseman for Atlanta

Enstrom - 1st rounder + legit 2nd line forward, or 1st rounder + blue chip prospect... will probably be a lot more when he gets back onto the power play when Schneider is traded.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
After? He was the official whipping boy in his contract year.

There's just this strange irrational hatred of Hainsey that floated around on the CBJ boards. You get used to it after a while.
Hainsey has exceeded my expectations. I heard all this negative things about him but he is hardly the worst D-man on the Thrashers. He skates well and he has done a solid job manning the point on the PP all season.

Both he and Enstrom are in their prime and signed to multiyear contracts, I wouldn't give either one of them away. Along with Bogosian they will be core of the team's D corps over the next couple of years.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Clearly Colombus doesn't need points from their defensemen, duh.
Of course not. Columbus, on the other hand, gets a pretty decent number of points from defensemen - there's just no single one that collects so many.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Nice try. Watched him for a few years and know how he plays. He had an alright amount of points on the PP last year and wasn't good. He may have the points but that doesn't change the fact he isn't good, unless I missed him all of a sudden getting good this year.

Old
01-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Ashe

So in a league where you need to score points to win, and being able to do that, from a position where you also are heavily relied on playing defence..And when a player can do both those things very well....Makes him bad? *Blinks*.

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:20 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
So in a league where you need to score points to win, and being able to do that, from a position where you also are heavily relied on playing defence..And when a player can do both those things very well....Makes him bad? *Blinks*.
The latter part of that first statement is where people would disagree. Hainsey doesn't play defense so well.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:37 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
The latter part of that first statement is where people would disagree. Hainsey doesn't play defense so well.
While Hainsey certainly isn't a top of the line defensive defenseman, he is by no means a bad defenseman. He's been playing on the 2nd pairing (he leads in ToI by virtue of helming the top PP unit) with Valabik, a rookie who has a lot of work to do on his game. Also, prior to the injury, Hainsey's d partner was Garnet Exelby, probably the worst defensive d-man in the game. Because of that, I would say that some of his pretty intense -18 is due to ****** linemates. Granted, Hainsey has made his fair share of defensive lapses, but by no means has he been painful to watch. So, while Hainsey isn't a wonderful defenseman, he does his job well (top unit PPQB, second pairing d minutes), and that's really all Thrasher fans can ask of him. He isn't the Thrasher's #1 defenseman and he isn't expected to be. Hate all you want, he is outperforming pretty much everyone's expectations here in ATL.

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:40 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
While Hainsey certainly isn't a top of the line defensive defenseman, he is by no means a bad defenseman. He's been playing on the 2nd pairing (he leads in ToI by virtue of helming the top PP unit) with Valabik, a rookie who has a lot of work to do on his game. Also, prior to the injury, Hainsey's d partner was Garnet Exelby, probably the worst defensive d-man in the game. Because of that, I would say that some of his pretty intense -18 is due to ****** linemates. Granted, Hainsey has made his fair share of defensive lapses, but by no means has he been painful to watch. So, while Hainsey isn't a wonderful defenseman, he does his job well (top unit PPQB, second pairing d minutes), and that's really all Thrasher fans can ask of him. He isn't the Thrasher's #1 defenseman and he isn't expected to be. Hate all you want, he is outperforming pretty much everyone's expectations here in ATL.
I'm not hating, just pointing out the fallacy in that statement. He plays a position where he's heavily relied-upon to play defense and doesn't do it terribly well. He's a 2nd pairing defenseman on many teams, but it's the defensive lapses (not the -18) which lower his perceived value.

He's doing wonderfully well. Many thought that he'd never live up to that contract, and he is. He's just not a guy you'd want out in the dying minutes of a game or playing significant PK minutes. In that respect he's fairly one-dimensional and limits both the number of teams interested and the quality of the offers. Not MAB one-dimensional, but reasonably so. No hate here, just reality.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
hashmarks

Quote:

Personally, I don't hate Hainsey, he just is nowhere close to the player that he is getting paid to be.

On a good team, he is a 2nd unit pp qb and a bottom pairing guy. He can't play vs. other teams top players and isn't good on the pk. In Columbus he would hit shin pads on shoot in's constantly.

He was 1st unit in Columbus for lack of anything better so he got loads of pp time and scored some points which got him the big contract. I am happy for him, he is a great guy.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote