HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great PK Subban article+video in the toronto sun

Old
01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Great PK Subban article+video in the toronto sun

http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron...f-8016576.html

my heart would be really broken if we had to deal him for Lecavalier

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

Seems like it runs in the family:

Quote:
Karl Subban, PK's dad, said he pushed to have the program at his school in an effort to help build self-esteem and teach valuable life skills to "at-risk" kids.
What a nice family. Mind you, it's the dad's job(as he's principal) but you still see it with PK. He's helping out, he's well spoken and always shows respect to his teammates.

This guy has a boatload of character and if he stays this genuine in his career, he'll end up a truly classy and respected player in any locker room he's part of.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron...f-8016576.html

my heart would be really broken if we had to deal him for Lecavalier
I really can't envision him not being part of our team no matter for who. I still can't figure out how a guy like Chipchura could be called untouchable since he's with the Habs now while Subban seemed (if everything we see is true) to have been included right from the start from the management. I mean, in every negotiation, while they could be asking for Komisarek and Markov, could we freakin start by Fischer, Carle and Weber.....and then maybe finish with a McDo or Subban?

I just predict that trading Subban for whoever we trade him will be one of the biggest thread starters for the next 15 years.....I've rarely seen a prospect being envied so much by other team's fanbase than Subban. Even Price is not that cherished by the same fanbases (not saying Subban would become more valuable here....). But this kid has it all as far as character, leadership and charisma is concerned and then it happens that he could be a pretty good hockey player and one of the most entertaining hockey players as well......I mean that can give me god himself and I would be dissapointed to see him go.

If it happens that way, I hope we'll know how it started and if his name was include from the start. Sure, if he is people will say that we had to get their attention 'cause the guy just had a great World Juniors.....to that I would agree.....in the end. I mean, even in the Hossa trade, the way we read it, even a prospect like Esposito was not thrown in from the start but being added in the end to make the trade more appealing. For me, at best, Subban would be the same for me. You know that you're in a battle with the Bruins, you throw Subban and/or McDonagh in. There are no other teams that are involved or they are not including a lot.....what's the point in including the guy who was described by your head scout "the new breed of defencemen in this new NHL".....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:23 PM
ToysInTheAttic

I for one hope the Habs keep Subban. I knew he was an enthusiastic and good prospect, but after seeing his performance in this years WJHC I'm firmly on his bandwagon. This kid is the real deal.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I've always liked PK since the day he was drafted. The more I hear/read about him, the more worried I am that opposing GM's are hearing the same things. After his performance in this years WJHC, I can imagine that he's high up on other teams "wish list" when dealing with the Habs.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
HotPie

I will be extremely pissed if Subban is sent to Tampa as part of a package for Tampa Bay.

Extremely pissed. I'd honestly rather see Pacioretty traded than Subban. And I would also be extremely pissed of Pacioretty was traded.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I've always liked PK since the day he was drafted. The more I hear/read about him, the more worried I am that opposing GM's are hearing the same things. After his performance in this years WJHC, I can imagine that he's high up on other teams "wish list" when dealing with the Habs.
From the guy next door in Mississauga to the Global moderator on the beach in Florida...

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote