HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van/nyr

Old
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Canuck774

vCash: 500
Van/nyr

To NYR:

Michael Grabner

To Van:

Michael Del Zotto

This trade gives the canucks a good young puck mover that they lack in there system. The rangers get a player that they were thought to be interested in at the draft and also fill a hole in there prospect pool at wing.

Canuck774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Hmmm... Seems fair.

From a Van point of view... Hmm.. Ya, I guess I'd do it.

Grabner is still a question mark but he's doing damn good in the AHL... 15 goals in 32 games isnt bad.. Plus he's fast and tricky with the puck with decent size.

I don't think Van really needs Grabner to badly though... I don't see him cracking the roster next year unless we get rid of Raymond for a rental... We have Hodgson likely coming up next year, and assuming we re-sign the Sedins will have an abundance of forwards.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Thefalkon

I'd say no from a Rangers perspective.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Canuck774

Fair enough not everyone has to agree. I personally think it is pretty fair and works for both teams but its close

Old
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM
hlundqvist30*

No from the Rangers. Del Zotto has been great this season and looks to be developing into a keeper. Not that there is anything particularly wrong with Grabner, but why make this move?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:40 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I would do Sanguinetti for Grabner.

Del Zotto for Grabner...no, I think you would need to add something from a Vancouver perspective.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Canuck774

The rangers dont particularly have good offensive prospect on the wing but do have sanguinetti on defense that could be a solid puck mover so why not move move something you dont need as much for something that you could use in your system

Old
01-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Peter Griffin

I don't think either team would do this really. If anything, both teams might trade their prospects for players that can help now. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mason Raymond dealt as part of a package for a better forward or puck moving defenseman with the intention of Michael Grabner replacing him in the line-up next season.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
No from the Rangers. Del Zotto has been great this season and looks to be developing into a keeper. Not that there is anything particularly wrong with Grabner, but why make this move?
I'm not saying we should make this move, but are you saying you wouldn't want the Rangers to have a guy like Grabner?

We need scoring.

Old
01-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I think the value is there on both sides, but I'm not sure the Rangers do this.

MDZ had a fantastic camp for an 18 year old and he fills a hole on the back end for the Rangers; a d-man who can successfully rush the puck out of his own end. Right now it appears the only d-man we have that can do that is Staal.

Grabner is a hell of a skater and puts up a lot of goals, but the concerns over his lack of commitment to the defensive zone might scare the Rangers away considering their focus on D.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Wayne Maki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Fair value and helps both teams, but teams seem to like developing their own prospects so I wouldn't expect it.

Wayne Maki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
That's something I would consider and it makes more sense given both players are the same age and are performing well in the AHL.

What's the consensus with Sanguinetti, is he NHL ready?

Old
01-14-2009, 10:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
That's something I would consider and it makes more sense given both players are the same age and are performing well in the AHL.

What's the consensus with Sanguinetti, is he NHL ready?
His defense is still a ways off, apparently, but he's starting in the AHL All-Star game because offensively, he's phenomenal.

Actually, I'm looking at the numbers and stuff, and not that it isn't fairly equal in terms of value or anything, but I'm not sure I would do Sangs for Grabner straight up, and I don't think most of the other Ranger fans would either. I like Grabner, but I think maybe Grabner and a 3rd for Sanguinetti I would be more comfortable with.

At the same time I could understand you guys not wanting to do that, also, so...

Old
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Peter Griffin

Yea, I wouldn't do Grabner+ for Sanguinetti, not even sure if I'd do an even up trade. They Canucks could use another puckmover/PP QB, but they need someone who can provide a bigger role than what Sanguinetti could likely provide now.

Old
01-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFluoric View Post
teams seem to like developing their own prospects
This.

Prospects are not usually traded for other prospects, but rather as part of a package to land a player that can help now. Unless both organizations have soured on their development, which is hard to believe at this early juncture, I don't see a swap happening, regardless of organizational needs.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
In The Flesh

I doubt Sangs and DZ ever see Garden Ice together. Unless one of Rozi or Redden are dealt (doubtful/serious loss taken) they are locks for yrs to come, along with Staal and Girardi. That leaves two spots. Mara is a must resign imo. Why? 1. We'll probably be able to sign him at a fair contract. 2. An equal or better UFA we simply cannot afford. 3. Without him, we have the softest D imaginable. 4. Both vets, Rozi and Redden really haven't shown leadership like Mara has. Ok, so now that leaves 1 spot for at least 3 yrs (thats what I believe Mara will get, a 3 yr deal) You get the point. One of Sangs or DZ will be traded. Doesn't need to be right now, see how each develop, etc.

I'd think about this deal.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 12:28 AM
El Duderino

Vancouver has no depth on the wings either... while value-wise this is a good deal, we're just digging a hole to fill another.

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 View Post
Vancouver has no depth on the wings either... while value-wise this is a good deal, we're just digging a hole to fill another.
We don't have depth on the wing? What about Raymond, Bernier, Pyatt, Hansen, Wellwood, Hodgson etc.

Point is we could afford to loose Grabner... We'd need to draft a forward in the 1st round for sure though.

Old
01-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
We don't have depth on the wing? What about Raymond, Bernier, Pyatt, Hansen, Wellwood, Hodgson etc.
I guess the better word would've been quality.

Old
01-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I guess the better word would've been quality.
Yaaa... Exactly. And it's not like Grabner adds any more then those guys at the level we want right now.. So he's expendable.

Old
01-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Yaaa... Exactly. And it's not like Grabner adds any more then those guys at the level we want right now.. So he's expendable.
I don't know, I think I'd rather hang onto Grabner at the moment, he's really starting to play well at the AHL level, on pace for 42 goals over a full season. I can see Raymond being dealt at the deadline and Grabner replacing his spot next season.

Old
01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
I'm not saying we should make this move, but are you saying you wouldn't want the Rangers to have a guy like Grabner?

We need scoring.
When did I say we don't need a player like Grabner? I don't know what you're talking about...

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

no way i would not do it as a canucks fan we are giving our next tomas vanek away it will take more than one player to get grabner

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
0123456789*

pretty much fair value wise but it wouldent happen. teams wont trade prospects that their very familiar with and still developing for prospects their not familiar with. prospects are generally only traded for other prospects once both teams have given up on them and dont see the progress they want.
the canucks need some d prospects but they should be fine for a couple more years. as long as they draft a couple more dman then with a bit of luck they should be fine in the future, and so far Sauve their highest recent d draft pick is looking pretty good so far(though still years away from the NHL).

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote