HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gregory Stewart Recalled

Old
01-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seblar View Post
I will never say that Stewart can't provide energy but u can't say that Lehoux is NOT NHL material....

He has played in the NHL and done better than Gregory.....so just check ur stats and all before bashing others
Stewart is younger, bigger and his style of play is perfect for the energy line, meanwhile Lehoux's style is better suited for a scoring line, but he will NEVER play on a scoring line in Montreal, unless we're REALLY in trouble.

And what stats are you talking about, his 4 points in 10 NHL games since being drafted in 2000 ? Is that impressive to you, especially when the guy can't stay healthy, a team like Phoenix don't play him, and that he'll be 27 in 3 months ??

NewHabsEra was right, he's not NHL caliber.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Go Habs Go

Good for Stewart, hope he uses this opportunity well

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Mustafa*

Can Stewart actualy wins fights or is he another Kostopoulos (wich is already good)?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
dcyhabs

Kostopoulos

Isn't Kostopoulos hurt? That would explain Stewart being brought up instead of a scorer.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
SJSR

As far as i know Kosto is good to go. My thought is that they want to see Stuart in action again and see how he is progressing, as well as giving Dagger another shot at a scoring line to see if it sparks anything in him.

SJSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Isn't Kostopoulos hurt? That would explain Stewart being brought up instead of a scorer.
He's weak on one of his ankles, when the play is done he often lift his leg while going to the bench. He can deal with the pain maybe it's just in case Kovalev isin't ready to go.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Can Stewart actualy wins fights or is he another Kostopoulos (wich is already good)?
He won his fight against McCabe so yes.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
He won his fight against McCabe so yes.
Barely but mind you McCabe isn't that great of a fighter to start with. Though he did look very nervous during that game, perhaps he would've thoroughly pummelled him had he been a bit more relaxed lol.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4DxqX8nLLE

sorry try like 5 time to embed the video but im a ****ing idiot so....

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post

put this code :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4DxqX8nLLE&hl=fr&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4DxqX8nLLE&hl=fr&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Between the [YT][/YT]

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Habs

STEWART!
/

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:

put this code :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4DxqX8nLLE&hl=fr&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4DxqX8nLLE&hl=fr&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Between the [YT][/YT]
ah ok thx dude!!! anyway thats just a sick fight by stewart

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:13 PM
HCH

Wow! The speculation on this board as a result of a minor call-up is unreal. It's an indication how crazy all of us really are. I don't think any other group of fans in the world are as into their team as much as Habs fans.

We not only enjoy the games... every little morsel of information is pounced upon and examined the way a cat plays with a mouse. It's great to see such enthusiasm.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
Wow! The speculation on this board as a result of a minor call-up is unreal. It's an indication how crazy all of us really are. I don't think any other group of fans in the world are as into their team as much as Habs fans.

We not only enjoy the games... every little morsel of information is pounced upon and examined the way a cat plays with a mouse. It's great to see such enthusiasm.
We're crazy, ain't we ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Toro

Congrats Habs10Habs!!

Stewwy has played well in Hamilton and could provide us with a better option than D'agostini on the 4th line. D'ago is just much better suited for a scoring line. He can fill in on the 4th but is not a solution there. I hope we get a chance to see more of Stewart than we saw of Weber.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Congrats Habs10Habs!!

Stewwy has played well in Hamilton and could provide us with a better option than D'agostini on the 4th line. D'ago is just much better suited for a scoring line. He can fill in on the 4th but is not a solution there. I hope we get a chance to see more of Stewart than we saw of Weber.
Thanks Toro.

I agree, as much as I like the way D'agostini has played for the Habs this year. I feel that his talent is being wasted playing on the 4th line. If a more offensive role can't be found for him with the Habs. I agree that a better option would be Stewart, as he would give us a bit more toughness and grit.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Thanks Toro.

I agree, as much as I like the way D'agostini has played for the Habs this year. I feel that his talent is being wasted playing on the 4th line. If a more offensive role can't be found for him with the Habs. I agree that a better option would be Stewart, as he would give us a bit more toughness and grit.
I think that Chipchura could use stewart(his trusty sidekick from Hamilton) on the 4th line to really spice it up and give it the kick it needs. Some of the best games Chipchura has played in Hamilton this season he had Russell and Stewart as linemates. Stewart is just designed for that role. A 4th line center needs a guy like stewart. I bet the first game Chips has stewart playing on his wing we see a thread on here saying Wow what a 4th line!

D'ago just isn't a 4th liner, and with Max pac playing really well, i see no room for D'ago as the injuries dry up.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:

put this code :

Between the [YT][/YT]
Silly me, I've just been putting the code after the "v=" in between the [YT][/YT]

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think that Chipchura could use stewart(his trusty sidekick from Hamilton) on the 4th line to really spice it up and give it the kick it needs. Some of the best games Chipchura has played in Hamilton this season he had Russell and Stewart as linemates. Stewart is just designed for that role. A 4th line center needs a guy like stewart. I bet the first game Chips has stewart playing on his wing we see a thread on here saying Wow what a 4th line!

D'ago just isn't a 4th liner, and with Max pac playing really well, i see no room for D'ago as the injuries dry up.
I think that is something we might see happen next year. For this year when all the injured players come back. I could see Carbo going with more of a mature 4th line. A combination of Begin/Dandenault/Kostopolous/Laraque etc....

I agree, I really like D'agostini, but I think he would benefit a lot more going back down and playing top line minutes.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post

Ko'd that Baby Maple Laffs and acts like nothing happened

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Toro

Quote:
I think that is something we might see happen next year. For this year when all the injured players come back. I could see Carbo going with more of a mature 4th line. A combination of Begin/Dandenault/Kostopolous/Laraque etc....

I agree, I really like D'agostini, but I think he would benefit a lot more going back down and playing top line minutes.
Well, i meant for the short term, when the injury's heal up i imagine we will have a 4th line of lats lapierre and Kostopoulos.

Higgins Koivu Tanguay
S.Kost Lang A.Kost
Max Pac Pleks Kovalev
Lats Lapierre Kostopoulos

Begin/laraque/dandeneault extra.

the lines 1 - 3 are really interchangeable. Either could be a #1, 2 or a 3 on any given night.

edit: and the way that lats lappy kosto line has been playing, they are beginning to get top ice time as well.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Ko'd that Baby Maple Laffs and acts like nothing happened
Thats what real men do. KO a guy and act like its your job and at the same time show respect to the guy you just hurt.

And then there's men like Lucic...

Edit: Woops, meant to quote clumsyhab's post.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-16-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Now it's correct.
Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well, i meant for the short term, when the injury's heal up i imagine we will have a 4th line of lats lapierre and Kostopoulos.

Higgins Koivu Tanguay
S.Kost Lang A.Kost
Max Pac Pleks Kovalev
Lats Lapierre Kostopoulos

Begin/laraque/dandeneault extra.

the lines 1 - 3 are really interchangeable. Either could be a #1, 2 or a 3 on any given night.

edit: and the way that lats lappy kosto line has been playing, they are beginning to get top ice time as well.
Oh my bad, I understood it as more of a long term thing. Carbo could put Chipchura together with Stewart on the 4th line. But unless D'agostini is sent down in the meantime. I think Stewart will be sitting in the press box while he's up with the Habs.

Oh btw, those 4 lines look quite impressive.

Old
01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Oh my bad, I understood it as more of a long term thing. Carbo could put Chipchura together with Stewart on the 4th line. But unless D'agostini is sent down in the meantime. I think Stewart will be sitting in the press box while he's up with the Habs.

Oh btw, those 4 lines look quite impressive.
Personaly I would either send Chip down or put Stewart more with crash-bangers like Begin and Kosto. A dream 4th line would be Stewart, Kosto and Laraque in shape.

BTW, it was funny seeing the press surrounding Stewart yesterday as if he was the savior. Poor guy. "We're tired to lose fights!"

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
tundar

Playing Ottawa tonight so hopefully he will keep Neil in tact and keep him from taking advantage of our players.

tundar is offline   Reply With Quote