HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#45 -- Flyers at Panthers -- January 16, 2009 -- 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
01-16-2009, 08:26 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
There's a new Blasphemer in town, and his name is BerubeBox.

"You better think about the consequences of your actions."

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Suffice to say, if it were just a punch...he never would have left the game.
Argh fine. I'm smash you in the face with a stick instead, Same still goes

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:31 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
a puck moving extremely fast, that hit him square in the mouth. Broke teeth, split open his lip, and made him lose a lot of blood.
Cry me a river.

Emos like you are helping to permanently destroy the game. Be ashamed of yourself.

For the record, refer to the first post I made last night when it happened. It was less than a minute after the event. I said I hope it's not a concussion, and I brought up nausea (dizziness). Trust me I know what I'm talking about.

He could take some time off to get his dental work done, sure, but it's my opinion that he'd distance himself from the team a little if he did. Do that later.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:33 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
There's a new Blasphemer in town, and his name is BerubeBox.
That's not going to stop Stevens and Jones from sucking :p

Old
01-16-2009, 08:35 AM
medicman

GO FLYERS!!!!

Lay down on the floor. Hold a puck at arms lenght and drop it on your face. Tell me that won't hurt. Multiply that force by a hundred, see how fast you'd get up. F=ma, somebody calculate the energy of the impact, it's got to be extreme.

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Cry me a river.

Emos like you are helping to permanently destroy the game. Be ashamed of yourself.

For the record, refer to the first post I made last night when it happened. It was less than a minute after the event. I said I hope it's not a concussion, and I brought up nausea (dizziness). Trust me I know what I'm talking about.

He could take some time off to get his dental work done, sure, but it's my opinion that he'd distance himself from the team a little if he did. Do that later.
Excuse me Sir,

I couldn't but to notice that you don't have an avatar.

Would you like me to resize this pic for you?

Regards,

Opy

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:37 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Excuse me Sir,

I couldn't but to notice that you don't have an avatar.

Would you like me to resize this pic for you?

Regards,

Opy
Who doesn't like stuff from 8 years ago?

Regards,

lemon party.

Old
01-16-2009, 08:39 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:

"Emos"

I love it!

Old
01-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Cry me a river.

Are you seriously the most ignorant person on the internet? You know what your talking about ha, don't make me laugh. Any monkey could of said, i hope he doesn't have a concussion. Question is have you ever been in the situation yourself. Do you even play a contact sport? Have you ever had anything like this happen to you.

I really want to know

Old
01-16-2009, 08:47 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Quote:
Cry me a river.

Why don't you just admit that you are acting like an idiot?

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:48 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Are you seriously the most ignorant person on the internet? You know what your talking about ha, don't make me laugh. Any monkey could of said, i hope he doesn't have a concussion. Question is have you ever been in the situation yourself. Do you even play a contact sport? Have you ever had anything like this happen to you.

I really want to know
He's going to say yes even though he's full of ****

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Opus

Quote:

I really want to know
It's his 'online persona'. He's a keyboard warrior, and I have a blast reading his posts as they are filled with such stupidity and ignorance.

I've got him figured out.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:57 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
If he's not back he needs to be questioned as to that letter he wears. A massive wack to the head is awful, but now's the time to turn this slide around.
I'm sure you know how Timonen really feels this morning as you sit behind that computer.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:57 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:

I really want to know
Yeah it has. I thought it was implied when I said "trust me I know what I'm talking about".

Nothing ever happened to me as bad as what happened to Kimmo, but I watched lots of stuff like it happen to my idols - not to mention dozens of their teammates - and they all came right back out on the ice.

I'd like to see some of that toughness in this douchey day and age. Trash me if you want, I know I'm hardly alone on that.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:03 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

It is possible that 44 wanted to come back and the staff said "No". Moreso than in our past, teams now look at players like investments and they won't risk their investments to win a single game, not in January anyway.

And let's face it - a guy who is as important as 44 is to this team, we don't want him on the ice if he ain't 100%.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Yeah it has. I thought it was implied when I said "trust me I know what I'm talking about".

Nothing ever happened to me as bad as what happened to Kimmo, but I watched lots of stuff like it happen to my idols - not to mention dozens of their teammates - and they all came right back out on the ice.

I'd like to see some of that toughness in this douchey day and age. Trash me if you want, I know I'm hardly alone on that.
So basically you have watched allot of games and seen this happen on tv. Meaning no, you have never ever been in the situation yourself. When you wake up the next day, it feels like a hangover with the exception of not being able to even look at food or drinks and some little bugger smashing the side of your head with a hammer. Sure when adrenaline is pumping through your body you can return to a game and look the hero. It takes a heck of a lot more to do it the next day when you have no adrenaline and the swelling has maximised.

So stop your trolling because it's making you look like a joke.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:07 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
It is possible that 44 wanted to come back and the staff said "No".
Hold up, I'm fine with him not coming back last night. I thought maybe he'd come back, but if you look up the post I said "unless he's feeling too nauseous".

He was a mess and it was a game against the lightning. No problem.

Now he's had 24 hours, and we're in a bad spot. It's time to step up.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:

Coming from someone who took a head dive into a parking lot, broke a tooth, got a concussion, and was bleeding profusely out of the side of my face and both of my knees, it's not something that you jump up from the next day. It probably wasn't until at least a week later, when I stopped getting dizzy, not to mention my mouth was still swollen, and I had gone through probably a months worth of mouth surgery in 3 days. If you want to talk about someone's leadership, go through that ****, and be up and ready to play the next day. It would probably do the team more harm then good, then to stick an unready Timonen out there on the ice. If he can play, he'll play.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
So basically you have watched allot of games and seen this happen on tv. Meaning no, you have never ever been in the situation yourself. When you wake up the next day, it feels like a hangover with the exception of not being able to even look at food or drinks and some little bugger smashing the side of your head with a hammer. Sure when adrenaline is pumping through your body you can return to a game and look the hero. It takes a heck of a lot more to do it the next day when you have no adrenaline and the swelling has maximised.

So stop your trolling because it's making you look like a joke.
It's always good to put words in someone's mouth even when you quote them.

I said it's happened to me, just not as bad as it's happened to Kimmo. Meaning I never had teeth and blood literally pouring out of my mouth. I've been laid up in my bed for 3 days unable to roll over to change position. Should have been in the hospital. I didn't bleed much but I sure as hell had a lot of head trauma and nausea.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:16 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Coming from someone who took a head dive into a parking lot, broke a tooth, got a concussion, and was bleeding profusely out of the side of my face and both of my knees
Aren't you a chick? Holy **** that's ****ing awesome!

Old
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM
TheFlyingP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Give me a ****ing break. That was a puck moving extremely fast, that hit him square in the mouth. Broke teeth, split open his lip, and made him lose a lot of blood. If he misses tonight's game, his A should be questioned? **** off.
Thats my favorite could'nt of said it better myselfwhat a complete tool

TheFlyingP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Aren't you a chick? Holy **** that's ****ing awesome!
Sounds awesome, until it happens 2 weeks before college graduation, or ya know at all haha. I still have **** with my tooth. Ended up breaking the bone that holds the tooth in, so the dentist was getting ready to give me an old person bridge to hold the crown in. Ended up having to go to a surgeon a year ago and getting the bone fracture drilled out. Still not a permanent solution though. Eventually gonne have to go get a tooth implant.

And yes, I am a chick. It sucks cause I totally don't even have a cool excuse as to why that even happened. At least if I was a dude, I could have used hockey, or baseball or something, although I was on my way in to a Phillies game haha.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:31 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

Gotta win this one!! I don't want to be in a bad mood until Wednesday!!

LET'S GO FLYERS!!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Hold up, I'm fine with him not coming back last night. I thought maybe he'd come back, but if you look up the post I said "unless he's feeling too nauseous".

He was a mess and it was a game against the lightning. No problem.

Now he's had 24 hours, and we're in a bad spot. It's time to step up.
You gotta be kidding me. Tell that to ****ing "Cannon" and the other guys who look like their doing nothing out there. Get more then 25 shots on net. Play the game. And your probablly the only person who thinks that if he doesnt show up tonight he should lose the A. You should say that to the Flyers players. They will laugh in your face and ask if you actually are a Flyer's fan.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:10 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You gotta be kidding me. Tell that to ****ing "Cannon" and the other guys who look like their doing nothing out there. Get more then 25 shots on net. Play the game. And your probablly the only person who thinks that if he doesnt show up tonight he should lose the A. You should say that to the Flyers players. They will laugh in your face and ask if you actually are a Flyer's fan.

I never said he should "lose the A" if he "doesn't show up tonight".

Whether he does or not should be taken into heavy consideration by people who want to call him the team's MVP.

OK, not even that. I take it all back. I just want to see a little old school toughness from someone, especially a flyer with a letter. It wouldn't really disappoint me if he didn't. It would restore my faith in modern hockey players if he did.