HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10th Obsequious Banter Thread: Kambo Eats Chocolate Squirrels

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Some of us have... you know.... real jobs.
And two functional legs!

Old
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
i hate college.

figured i'd just throw that out there.
college does suck. I basically gave up last semester.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 920
Kambo is mentioned in a thread title, this will be the fastest obsequious to 1,000 posts.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Kambo is mentioned in a thread title, this will be the fastest obsequious to 1,000 posts.
Obsequious is a sexy word. I will try it out in some format this evening on my girlfriend. I probably can do no worse than the current state, anyway.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

I almost grabbed him for my team. I had DiPietro but I mean I guess he can sit on IR now.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
college does suck. I basically gave up last semester.
gave up in a drop out way or gave up in a "not going to class anymore" way, if you don't mind my asking?

Old
01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
gave up in a drop out way or gave up in a "not going to class anymore" way, if you don't mind my asking?
I didn't go to class a lot. But, I'm back in school and going this semester.

Sonny are you going to Bambozzle to see the get up kids? I'm thinking about going up with my buddy.

Old
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I have Joey MacDonald on my fantasy team. Picked him up early in the season, within the first week....

Old
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
yeah me too... i just got my associates and now im going to work full time. i plan on going back for my bachelors part time once i get settled in.
Quote:
Can I give some advice to you guys?

In high school, I bascially took a similar approach -- I was focused more on working than caring about college and then in my senior year, I really goofed off. I ended up not being accepted anywhere (and frankly, I'm smart, so I was essentially a moron for ****ing around in high school) and ended up going to BCCC.

I ended up never looking back. I got into the 2+2 program at BCCC (transfers all credits to a certain instiution you sign an agreement with) and I then went to Temple. I got my bachelors degree and I still worked and had fun. I gave it my all and I glad I did.

Also, EARLY on in my senior year of college, I went out and got an internship. Not many of my peers did this. I signed on with a pretty respected firm in center city, and then EARLY on, I started looking for full time jobs.

Guys, I'm not the smartest person in the world. At all. In fact, I'd say I'm pretty street smart, but book smart is something I am just not, nor will ever be. But in showing a lot of companies some maturity, drive, and desire, I got a lot of offers BEFORE I graduated.

No complaints now -- I work for Pepsi and I am in my 3rd building and just got my 1st promotion. There is nothing wrong with working and taking time off, but I know I like making money and saving up to buy a house. Then, when I walk into the restaurants and mall stores in my area and see kids who I went to high school with, its a little more gratifying telling them what I do now for a living, especially if they were jerks in HS.

A lot of us are motivated by different things, but I quickly found out what motivated me and I've never looked back. Just my .02

Old
01-15-2009, 07:11 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I have Joey MacDonald on my fantasy team. Picked him up early in the season, within the first week....
I too took him but, is he hurt now? It takes Yahoo forever to update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
Can I give some advice to you guys?

In high school, I bascially took a similar approach -- I was focused more on working than caring about college and then in my senior year, I really goofed off. I ended up not being accepted anywhere (and frankly, I'm smart, so I was essentially a moron for ****ing around in high school) and ended up going to BCCC.

I ended up never looking back. I got into the 2+2 program at BCCC (transfers all credits to a certain instiution you sign an agreement with) and I then went to Temple. I got my bachelors degree and I still worked and had fun. I gave it my all and I glad I did.

Also, EARLY on in my senior year of college, I went out and got an internship. Not many of my peers did this. I signed on with a pretty respected firm in center city, and then EARLY on, I started looking for full time jobs.

Guys, I'm not the smartest person in the world. At all. In fact, I'd say I'm pretty street smart, but book smart is something I am just not, nor will ever be. But in showing a lot of companies some maturity, drive, and desire, I got a lot of offers BEFORE I graduated.

No complaints now -- I work for Pepsi and I am in my 3rd building and just got my 1st promotion. There is nothing wrong with working and taking time off, but I know I like making money and saving up to buy a house. Then, when I walk into the restaurants and mall stores in my area and see kids who I went to high school with, its a little more gratifying telling them what I do now for a living, especially if they were jerks in HS.

A lot of us are motivated by different things, but I quickly found out what motivated me and I've never looked back. Just my .02
Well thanks for the advice. I just needed time off it was stupid I should of just not gone at all last semester. But thanks to insurance companies I have to go. If I don't go I get kicked off. Total ********. I too work and go to school it sucks but, I get through it. However, I am back in school this semester and I'm sticking with it.

Old
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Yeah he's out 2-4 weeks. I'm probably going to drop him for Dubi.

Old
01-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:

Sonny are you going to Bambozzle to see the get up kids? I'm thinking about going up with my buddy.
i might go to bamboozle, but only if i can afford it. i figure they won't play too too long on those sets anyway.

i am, however, most definitely going to go to as many shows as possible when they do their headlining tour.

you realizing my avy is exciting, i don't know too many people outside of a few friends who even know who tguk are.

Old
01-15-2009, 09:38 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
i might go to bamboozle, but only if i can afford it. i figure they won't play too too long on those sets anyway.

i am, however, most definitely going to go to as many shows as possible when they do their headlining tour.

you realizing my avy is exciting, i don't know too many people outside of a few friends who even know who tguk are.
im trying to go, and tguk rule.

I said **** college all together andended up working. i make decent cash, but im trying to get into a tradeschool now because i LOVE working on cars. So thatswhat I plan to do.

Old
01-15-2009, 10:47 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
what was your major carle?

i have every intention of going back to school part time to get my bachelors. i just wanted to start working full time, save up some money and move out of my parents house and do my own thing.

Old
01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:

Wow, I didn't know they were doing a headline tour. I love tguk I just bought something to write home about and four minute mile on vinyl..can't wait to get them in the mail. Two of my favorite cds ever. The band I'm in now we're joking around about doing a tguk cover but, no idea what song! so many greats

Old
01-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Broad Street

Quote:
i hate college.

figured i'd just throw that out there.
I love college...except for the whole going to class aspect

Old
01-16-2009, 01:06 AM
CoolinWithCosta

Quote:

I already have tickets for Sat and Sun. I've been to Bamboozle the past 3 years and had a great time each year. (I even went to Surf and Skate before Bamboozle when it was at Asbury Park)

Old
01-16-2009, 01:09 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

The San Jose Sharks have lost at home..... in regulation!

Old
01-16-2009, 01:09 AM
CoolinWithCosta

Quote:

Something to Write Home About is probably my most played album--ever.

edit: Changed my avy in honor of their reunion.

Last edited by CoolinWithCosta: 01-16-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old
01-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Pwned. Man i havn't heard that in a while.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Decided to go back with the Stevens slumberparty for a bit. Best avatar ever.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:44 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Decided to go back with the Stevens slumberparty for a bit. Best avatar ever.
Every time I see that avatar, I laugh my head off. Randy Jones looks so scary in it.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:46 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street View Post
I love college...except for the whole going to class aspect
I loved college when I was there. Class was def the worst part. The best were parties and all the crazy things we did at like 4am for no reason. Like riding Razor scooters in the hallway of our building until getting yelled at.

When I go back, it will be as a commuter. Lame.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:54 AM
IrishSniper87

I much prefer your new avy too. I love Cannon and all, but if he came to my house without a shirt on, I don't think I'd be as excited as any of the females on the board. Plus, RANDY JONES LOOKS CRAZY!

Last edited by GKJ: 01-16-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old
01-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I don't constantly go at you with the sex jokes. In fact, most of the stuff the other day was stuff other people said, and I laughed and added a bit. However, I'll lay off you a bit. My bad.

I much prefer your new avy too. I love Cannon and all, but if he came to my house without a shirt on, I don't think I'd be as excited as any of the females on the board. Plus, RANDY JONES LOOKS CRAZY!
Agreed then.

I also prefer this avatar. I had to bust it out from last season, as I feel it is very fitting with the current situation on this team. For as ****** as he plays, Stevens refuses to bench Jones. He does look crazy though. I like to think that the reason he has the blanket up though, is because he's trying to whisper sweet nothings to Stevens.

Closed Thread