HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers first-half MVP

View Poll Results: Flyers MVP
Jeff Carter 54 46.15%
Simon Gagne 3 2.56%
Mike Richards 11 9.40%
Kimmo Timonen 49 41.88%
Other (please name) 0 0%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
qwertysac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The entire team sucked against Pittsburgh too and Kimmo was in the line-up for that one.

They wouldv'e sucked more if he wasn't

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Pretty small sample size for 'I told you so's'. They're both deserving for consideration, but I don't want to see either out for an extended period of time so one side or the other can 'prove' their point.

The entire team sucked against Pittsburgh too and Kimmo was in the line-up for that one.
Agreed. It's nowhere enough time and I don't want to see that happen either.

My reasoning for Kimmo being the MVP and not Carter is this...

- We have Gagne, Briere, Richards, Lupul as a supporting cast to put the puck in the net. Sure it hasn't happened the last two games, but were not going to score 5 goals every night. That's just not realistic.

- Timonen is the only experienced two way defenseman on the team. The supporting cast isn't even in remotely in the same league. Coburn has struggled when not paired with him. Alberts and Jones are weak...Sbisa is too young and inexperienced.

We can patch things up without Carters production. Not saying he doesn't do anything else, because he does. He should be our leading scorer for years to come and I don't discount what he brings to the team...but at this point in time...Timonen is so important as the anchor it's not even funny.

- Another example other than tonight, last playoffs versus the Penguins.

Timonen is right up there with Savard as on the leagues most underrated players.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:54 PM
BerubeBox*

It's a good fight between Timonen and Richards, with Carter making a case for himself by scoring out of his mind.

Richie gets the nod though, not because he's the "designated" captain, but because he continues to show why he's the captain in every game.

People who want Kimmo as the MVP, I think you're confused. You know mvp's are generally picked when they do RELAVITELY great on a so-so team. This is not the same situation.

Nominate him for the Scott Stevens trophy, as soon as they create one.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
It's a good fight between Timonen and Richards, with Carter making a case for himself by scoring out of his mind.

Richie gets the nod though, not because he's the "designated" captain, but because he continues to show why he's the captain in every game.

People who want Kimmo as the MVP, I think you're confused. You know mvp's are generally picked when they do RELAVITELY great on a so-so team. This is not the same situation.

Nominate him for the Scott Stevens trophy, as soon as they create one.

Kimmo controls the flow of the game and is our best defender. He also provides an anchor on special teams and plays 30 minutes a night. His play put us in the playoffs last year, he shows up every night. He is our Lidstrom, there is zero confusion. I could see cases for Carter, Richards or Kimmo.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 11:25 PM
TheKingPin

can i change my vote to Timo?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
ELab2

Yeah... I think tonight is pretty clear evidence that it's Timonen. This defense is LOST without him.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:25 AM
turkinaa

First thought: Carter. Points and GWG. Then I changed my mind to Kimmo. He is the anchor of the team, eating up minutes and doing everything. Without him, like last night against TB, you really feel that the team isn't as good as without him and the D is lost. So my vote went to Timonen. Final answer.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote