HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft 2009: Potential Draftees Live this weekend

Old
01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Draft 2009: Potential Draftees Live this weekend

FRIDAY

Canal Vox: Shawanigan vs Gatineau at 7:30PM

Gatineau

#14 - D - Hubert Labrie (Ranked #122)
#24 - RW - Christian Ouellet-Martel (if you're really pushing it....)

Shawinigan

# 51 - D - Gabriel Lemieux (Ranked #28)
#63 - LW - Philippe Paradis (Ranked #26)
#91 - D - Charles-Olivier Roussel (Ranked #30, note that the kid is just 2 days from being a 2010 draft pick. I believe he has everything to be much higher than #30 in NA.)

SUNDAY

Sportsnet Ontario: Brampton vs Sarnia at 2:00PM

Brampton

#9 - C - Matt Duchene (Ranked #2, not 'cause we'll be able to pick him but to acknowledge how good this kid can become)
#5 - D - Matt Clark (#58 CSS)
#3 - D - Kyle Pereira (not ranked yet....should be in the final rankings)

Sarnia

#22 - C - Ben O'Quinn (not ranked yet.....will be later....)
#28 - C - Miroslav Preisinger (not ranked yet, will see later...)
#29 - C - Jesse Stoughton (really talented but awfully small, not ranked because of it 'cause talentwise, he should be)

Sportsnet East/Ontario: Drummondville vs Gatineau at 7:00PM

Drummondville

#29 - D - Dimitry Kulikov (Ranked #17, forget his mistake on the Eberle goal and he's great)
#94 - LW - Philippe Lefebvre (Ranked #124)
#40 - C - Gabriel Dumont (Ranked #199)

Gatineau

See List above.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:56 AM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
I'll try to catch tonight's game. I'm going to watch quite a bit of games in shawinigan before the end of the season. Did Labrie's stock really felt as of late? I thought he was amzing as a 16 yo guy at the mem cup last year. As for Roussel the guy is just amazing. He should be higher to me. The guy has it all, but hell if we win the cup and we can still draft him 30th I'll be pretty happy so the more he falls under the radar the best. I heard Habs crew really like this guy too.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I'll try to catch tonight's game. I'm going to watch quite a bit of games in shawinigan before the end of the season. Did Labrie's stock really felt as of late? I thought he was amzing as a 16 yo guy at the mem cup last year. As for Roussel the guy is just amazing. He should be higher to me. The guy has it all, but hell if we win the cup and we can still draft him 30th I'll be pretty happy so the more he falls under the radar the best. I heard Habs crew really like this guy too.
Labrie is a gritty 5'10" stay at home d-man, not much of a pro prospect, but he'll be a very good Q player like Ouimet.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Labrie is a gritty 5'10" stay at home d-man, not much of a pro prospect, but he'll be a very good Q player like Ouimet.
Yeah true, but I'd be pretty happy to have a guy like him in the system. The guy has it all to be an effective defencemen in the NHL except size and there are more and more undersized defencemen that makes it to the NHL.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I was totally surprised to see how great he was looking as a 16 year old....same with Mikael Tam. But both guys have really slowed down this year though Tam seems to have get his play back together. Though it also goes with the respective teams that are playing for.....But I'm stunned as to how Labrie's offensive play has almost been shutdown so far this year.

As far as Roussel goes, well I totally agree. I will want to watch more games but even if again we look good as far as depth is concerned on D, if this guy is available, he is interesting to say the least. Definately part of my favorites so far. Strangely 4 of my favorites right now are Després, Kulikov, Roussel and Holland....3 D's 1 Centerman....so depth or no depth, you can't totally disregard the guys' talent....unless a big offensive centerman is available....cough....Holland...cough....

Old
01-16-2009, 07:36 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sportsnet East/Ontario: Drummondville vs Gatineau at 7:00PM

Drummondville

#29 - D - Dimitry Kulikov (Ranked #17, forget his mistake on the Eberle goal and he's great)
#94 - LW - Philippe Lefebvre (Ranked #124)
#40 - C - Gabriel Dumont (Ranked #199)
Dumont is injured; shoulder. That is sad since I really like him, he's a hardworker.

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Heads up again for whoever is interested in watching some potential draftees for the upcoming draft. A OHL game on Sportsnet Ontario at 2PM and there is a Q game tonight as well later tonight at 7PM.

Old
01-18-2009, 10:01 AM
kostitsyn1489

I've missed friday's game, from the highlight the game looked great. I thought some channel would broadcast the game, it's like canal vox, but in Trois-Rivieres and they usually broacast playoffs game and some regular season game, but it wasnt on.