HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#45 -- Flyers at Panthers -- January 16, 2009 -- 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
01-16-2009, 10:17 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
I never said he should "lose the A" if he "doesn't show up tonight".

Whether he does or not should be taken into heavy consideration by people who want to call him the team's MVP.

OK, not even that. I take it all back. I just want to see a little old school toughness from someone, especially a flyer with a letter. It wouldn't really disappoint me if he didn't. It would restore my faith in modern hockey players if he did.
I was talking about this statement you said:

Quote:
If he's not back he needs to be questioned as to that letter he wears. A massive wack to the head is awful, but now's the time to turn this slide around.
When someone is hurt dude, they are hurt. No matter who it is. This team is in deep **** if one player being hurt causes them to lose all their games (one player excluding Briere). Kimmo played with a messed up foot last year. He carries our defense on his back. We have no right to question the letter on his chest.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:32 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

<-------------------

I understand what BB is saying, he's just aiming it at the wrong guy here.

The young bucks need to shake off some of the rock-stardom and go play some ****ing hockey. Our best forward lately seems to be Hartnell of all people.

six sigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I don't think I'll be staying home on a Friday night just to be disappointed.
This is kinda how I feel...a little less pessimistic though.

LETS GO FLYERS.

They shouldnt be losing these types of games.

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
flyersfan420

lets go flyers!! gimme a win dammit!!!!

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
I have not decided whether or not the bar is the right place to take in this one.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
The Flyers better get two points tonight or I am gonna be so pissed.

Two ****** efforts in a row from this team is inexcusable.

LETS GO FLYERS!

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I have not decided whether or not the bar is the right place to take in this one.
Well, if they get the W and you're drunk, that's a double win right there. If they lose and you're still drunk, at least you're still drunk.
I'm most likely going to be watching this while heavily intoxicated. It's been a ****** long ass week, and I'd like to wash it away while watching a Flyers victory. However, I feel one of the two will not happen.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
You know what Im looking for a Moral win here. I just want to see them play good solid hockey. not this twisted jackassery thats been going on. Win or loss, whatever. As long as they establish offensive pressure and can get the puck out of the defensive zone without hell freezing over Ill be happy.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:56 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

The last couple of games made me want to throw stuff at the tv; best not to be anywhere in public when that happens.

six sigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
facts

Quote:
I'm not calling him a ***** if he can't get over the nausea in 24 hours.

But I'll call into question his leadership. You shake that **** off if you want your team to win.
quit while you're ahead bro. These are two awful posts. Shhhhhh

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I was talking about this statement you said:

When someone is hurt dude, they are hurt. No matter who it is. This team is in deep **** if one player being hurt causes them to lose all their games (one player excluding Briere). Kimmo played with a messed up foot last year. He carries our defense on his back. We have no right to question the letter on his chest.
Yes, dont fall into Ny Giant syndrome. Oneplayer doens make a team, it certainly helps to have him, but if hes good to go, he'll be out there If not he wont. I mean if he misses this game hes got a long wait until the next one.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Ah, Bryan Allen. He won't be in the line-up for Florida tonight, but here's a random story:

I never met Bryan, but our mothers worked together through the '90s up until about 4 years ago. I came to Vancouver in August 2000, which just happened to be the season that Bryan got his first few games with the Canucks.

I don't know how it really works, but players get tickets to distribute to friends and family for each game and apparently Bryan didn't have very many people to hand his tickets to when he first started playing in Vancouver. His mother told mine that if I wanted to tickets to a particular game, all I had to do was ask her. I was too shy, so I never did.

Moral of the story: I'm an idiot.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 01-16-2009 at 12:47 PM.
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
See? If I just wait long enough, someone else is able to put my feelings into words in a much more succinct manner than I could have. Thank you stafucci. Thank you very much.

And once again, horrible just horrible GDT.
not a problem

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Ah, Bryan Allen. He won't be in the line-up for Florida tonight, but here's a random story:

I never met Bryan, but our mothers worked together through the '90s up until about 4 years ago. I came to Vancouver in August 2000, which just happened to be the season that Bryan got his first few games with the Canucks.

I don't know how it really works, but players get tickets to distribute to friends and family for each game and apparently Bryan didn't have very many people to hand his tickets to when he first started playing in Vancouver. His mother told mine that if I wanted to tickets to a particular game, all I had to do was ask her. I was too shy, so I never did.

Moral of the stort: I'm an idiot.

since were talking stories: Rick Tocchet held me when I was a baby

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:02 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
kimmo's the ****. if you're going to question his leadership then you're a fool. the man is playing with a chip fracture in his leg for christ sakes. if he's still feeling the effects of losing all that blood and the mental trauma from getting whacked in the mouth with a puck then so be it. hes a warrior, so if he cant play then he cant play.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Come onnnnnn Flyers, get your **** together. I'll be at my buddies eating some food and probably yelling at the tv at the Flyers. Please Kimmo come back we suck with out you

I need a Kimmo Jersey.

Ps-Great song selection. I love when we have Rush I went to that tour

Good Job MSE Danke!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Coming from someone who took a head dive into a parking lot, broke a tooth, got a concussion, and was bleeding profusely out of the side of my face and both of my knees, it's not something that you jump up from the next day. It probably wasn't until at least a week later, when I stopped getting dizzy, not to mention my mouth was still swollen, and I had gone through probably a months worth of mouth surgery in 3 days. If you want to talk about someone's leadership, go through that ****, and be up and ready to play the next day. It would probably do the team more harm then good, then to stick an unready Timonen out there on the ice. If he can play, he'll play.
Kambo -> Tough meets beautiful

Nobody can question kimmo after risking his life playing with a blood clot against the pens. Not to mention there's a big different from a cut lip from some stick work or errand pass and getting an NHL slapshot redirected in to your mouth. The guy is already playing with a freaking chip fracture in his ankle!

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ

Quote:
If he's not back he needs to be questioned as to that letter he wears. A massive wack to the head is awful, but now's the time to turn this slide around.

I am not sure how this injury was portrayed on t.v. However, having been at that game, I can attest that it was SICK (and, not "sick" in the cool, hip way either). I sorta expected him back during the game. That being said, the ice was covered in blood at the spot of puck-face impact and Timmo dripped blood from there until he got off the ice.

I do, however, hope he returns quickly. His departure from the ice and the Flyers immediate defensive slide attest to another thread present here on HF that argues that Timmo has been and certainly continues to be this team's MVP.

WhiskeyBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
kimmo's the ****. if you're going to question his leadership then you're a fool. the man is playing with a chip fracture in his leg for christ sakes. if he's still feeling the effects of losing all that blood and the mental trauma from getting whacked in the mouth with a puck then so be it. hes a warrior, so if he cant play then he cant play.
This is also the same guy that wanted to play thru the blood clot last year and the Dr's shut him down.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
BWAVgal
WAR FACE!!!

vCash: 50
We need this win, it's that simple.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:38 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Coming from someone who took a head dive into a parking lot, broke a tooth, got a concussion, and was bleeding profusely out of the side of my face and both of my knees, it's not something that you jump up from the next day
that beats my story

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

Moral of the stort: I'm an idiot.
You silly *******....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
since were talking stories: Rick Tocchet held me when I was a baby
Since we're talking stories, I once played hockey with a guy that's the brother of a Leafs prospect who's best friends with Kyle Turris. Take that *****es....

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
pcgflyers12*

i cant believe we lost to the Bolts last night. i can see the penguins but the Bolts. COME ON FLYERS

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
Go Team....thats all i got as we lose this one as well.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
that beats my story
I can't believe I'm posting this, but:

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote