HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is your ideal 4th line?

View Poll Results: Your ideal 4th line combination
Fredrik Sjostrom - Blair Betts - Colton Orr 24 46.15%
Aaron Voros - Blair Betts - Colton Orr 1 1.92%
Dan Fritsche - Blair Betts - Colton Orr 2 3.85%
Dan Fritsche - Blair Betts - Aaron Voros 3 5.77%
Fredrik Sjostrom - Blair Betts - Dan Fritsche 13 25.00%
Fredrik Sjostrom - Blair Betts - Aaron Voros 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
it's January, the weather's crappy - we need more wiper fluid!!!

I don't know where the word came from - it's not like I'm entirely sober at the moment, but remain anal in that I try not to use different words in one sentence. It's weird.

I hear you on the uselessness. My opinion of Sjo is that he's so-so. Definitely a fourth liner. A good PKer, but a guy you can swap out here and there (for a guy like Voros). And Orr's the opposite, and I don't see why he can't play in 50-55 games instead of 82.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
it's January, the weather's crappy - we need more wiper fluid!!!
I don't know where the word came from - it's not like I'm entirely sober at the moment, but remain anal in that I try not to use different words in one sentence. It's weird.

I hear you on the uselessness. My opinion of Sjo is that he's so-so. Definitely a fourth liner. A good PKer, but a guy you can swap out here and there (for a guy like Voros). And Orr's the opposite, and I don't see why he can't play in 50-55 games instead of 82.
LOL. Can you keep it to one syllable words, I've had wine and a couple of beers.

As for the 4th line and their scoring problem, I guess if we expected them to score 10 to 15 points each for the season, then I suppose they should be taken out of the lineup. But what do we do for Drury and Gomez?

I guess Renney needs to go to Pep Boys.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Fletch

Manny, Moe and Jack cannot help here - they have their own issues being affiliated with GM, Ford and others.

I agree about Gomez, Drury and the rest of the crew - wholeheartedly. This is just about the fourth line. You'd like to get a bit more out of them. If the top three lines were producing, maybe we'd see less of them and would expect less. Of course, that's impossible to know because Renney has always loved his fourth line.

Yeah, I'm a few Guinnesses and a few Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stouts in, so I hear you.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Manny, Moe and Jack cannot help here - they have their own issues being affiliated with GM, Ford and others.

I agree about Gomez, Drury and the rest of the crew - wholeheartedly. This is just about the fourth line. You'd like to get a bit more out of them. If the top three lines were producing, maybe we'd see less of them and would expect less. Of course, that's impossible to know because Renney has always loved his fourth line.

Yeah, I'm a few Guinnesses and a few Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stouts in, so I hear you.
Lightweight! Rodney Strong and some Sam Adams Winter Lager.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
Eager is a third line player and a former first round pick! If you're going to compare Orr to anyone, compare him to Peters, Riley Cote and the Godard's of the NHL. And IMO he's much better than those guys.
I wasn't comparing Orr to anybody.....Indeed, with Orrs horrendous skating and lack of skills he indeed can only be compared to guys like Goddard, Fritz, Peters, etc....all pretty useless for the most part...I was comparing the entire 4th line to Ben Eager..A Ben Eager who until this year was one of the worst players in hockey and nothing but a thug....THis year he has scored 8 goals with hard work, drive and a little more ice time..

But it's funny that former FIRST ROUND draft pick and bust Frederick Sjostron (who has some skill), often getting 13-14 minutes a night, and Colton Orr even when used by Renney like a 3rd line (which is often the case), can do no such thing...

They belong on the team but their total inability to score anything limits the team and they should take a seat now and then to see if somebody else can score more then 1 goal every 20 games or so....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I wasn't comparing Orr to anybody.....Indeed, with Orrs horrendous skating and lack of skills he indeed can only be compared to guys like Goddard, Fritz, Peters, etc....all pretty useless for the most part...I was comparing the entire 4th line to Ben Eager..A Ben Eager who until this year was one of the worst players in hockey and nothing but a thug....THis year he has scored 8 goals with hard work, drive and a little more ice time..

But it's funny that former FIRST ROUND draft pick and bust Frederick Sjostron (who has some skill), often getting 13-14 minutes a night, and Colton Orr even when used by Renney like a 3rd line (which is often the case), can do no such thing...

They belong on the team but their total inability to score anything limits the team and they should take a seat now and then to see if somebody else can score more then 1 goal every 20 games or so....
Two very good PK's...but who needs them in a game like tonight, a guy who is usually the second choice in shootouts and your toughest guy on the team. Maybe Sather should listen to you and trade Orr and Sjo for Eager so he can play on the fourth line and get more scoring for the Rangers. I'm sure they'll be a much better team.

Old
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
Two very good PK's...but who needs them in a game like tonight, a guy who is usually the second choice in shootouts and your toughest guy on the team. Maybe Sather should listen to you and trade Orr and Sjo for Eager so he can play on the fourth line and get more scoring for the Rangers. I'm sure they'll be a much better team.
Please...you seem to be applying selective reading...first off, as stated much earlier..Betts should be in there every night...It's the wings that bother me..Orr's selective tougness mean almost nothing..and there is no reason to dress him for half the games, basically giving us 11 forwards...The other half, no problem

And where did I say trade SJostrom? ANd how many times did I say he (and Orr) deserve a spot on the team? But don't let that stop you.....They just don't need to be playing every night...and against every opponent...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote