HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Who are the best and worst radio guys?

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2004, 07:29 PM
cats_n_dogs

vCash: 500
Who are the best and worst radio guys?

I was searching for AHL fan forums today, and this one is great! So here's my first post. I live in Hamilton and am a BIG Bulldogs fan, so naturally my vote goes to Derek Wills. He is pretty young (25 or 26 I think), but he has been with the team for three or four years. He know the game and the players really well and is VERY exciting to listen to. His colour man Al Craig is a great too. Besides, I have talked with both of them many times and they are very down to earth and nice guys.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Max

Send a message via AIM to Max
I think our broadcaster with the Albany Riverrats Jonathan Scherzer is horrible. I mean he is a great guy and he has got better since he first took over the job as our broadcaster but I still think he is bad.

Old
06-21-2004, 04:23 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_n_dogs
I was searching for AHL fan forums today, and this one is great! So here's my first post. I live in Hamilton and am a BIG Bulldogs fan, so naturally my vote goes to Derek Wills. He is pretty young (25 or 26 I think), but he has been with the team for three or four years. He know the game and the players really well and is VERY exciting to listen to. His colour man Al Craig is a great too. Besides, I have talked with both of them many times and they are very down to earth and nice guys.

I'll agree - the Hamilton announcers are incredible. Wills is one of the better announcers in all of hockey, including the NHL.

Old
06-21-2004, 06:07 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
I think both Jamie Smock (Cleveland Barons) and Bob Crawford (Hartford Wolf Pack) are awesome. They're always very informative and know what exactly what they're talking about. They always make the games exciting to listen to.

I don't really like the Hamilton guys. The Hamilton feed was broadcasted to Cleveland in January or February for like a game or 2. They kept talking about different things, not about the game or who was on the ice. I didn't know what was going on most of the time.

Old
06-21-2004, 06:44 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

The worst is Springfield's. I dont even know his name, its rather irrelevant anyway. Springfield goes from one of the best(Chris Kerber) to one of the worst(this *******).

Old
06-28-2004, 01:23 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Ken Cale up in Manchester is pretty good.

Old
07-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Ken Cale up in Manchester is pretty good.
He gets a little excited sometimes, but it could be worse.

Old
07-16-2004, 01:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
He gets a little excited sometimes, but it could be worse.
like Gary Thorne?

Old
08-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Mark O

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
The worst is Springfield's. I dont even know his name, its rather irrelevant anyway. Springfield goes from one of the best(Chris Kerber) to one of the worst(this *******).
His name is Marc Shelanski, and, even though I am a Falcon fan, I agree with you...he is HORRIBLE! When he calls a goal you can never tell which team scored. I guess you have to know if the Falcons are at home or on the road and judge the roar of the crowd from that. And he also has this most ridiculous sign off after every loss, of which there have been many the past few years. He says, "This is Marc Shelanski reminding you when you lose, say little, when you win, say less." Gee, Marc, we all wish you'd say nothing at all!

Closed Thread