HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blueshirts, Zherdev Talk New Contract

Old
01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
NHL was different in the 80ies when your were in your parents plans. No marketing of today's magnitude was attempted back then. The Run-n-Gun style was dominant. Goalies of that NHL wouldn't make AHL, if getting any pro contract, of nowadays. Having said that, Gretz did have team support, although Messier was more complete player (same with Malkin, although caracter wise Mess will never be compared to any skater).
Thanks for the history lesson on things that I already knew (except for the part about the goalies, that's just false). Apparently you missed the entire point of my post. But don't worry about it, it'll come.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:16 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
if theres one player we need to lock up long term, its this guy right here

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:06 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
if theres one player we need to lock up long term, its this guy right here
Absolutely.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 09:48 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Yes definitely! we really need this guy. However, im concerned with his attitude problems that he has shown in the past. If he gets a long term deal and the financial security that comes with a long term NHL contract im worried that he will start to take nights off, not caring and (re)develope bad attitude.

Dont get me wrong, i love nikki, but im not sure a long term deal is ideal for a player with a history of bad attitude.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:38 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
Yes definitely! we really need this guy. However, im concerned with his attitude problems that he has shown in the past. If he gets a long term deal and the financial security that comes with a long term NHL contract im worried that he will start to take nights off, not caring and (re)develope bad attitude.

Dont get me wrong, i love nikki, but im not sure a long term deal is ideal for a player with a history of bad attitude.
See, that point of view is definitely tempting. I just get the gut feeling that Nik isn't that kind of guy. He isn't playing for the money, and as long as he's being compensated fairly, I think it won't have an impact on his game. Obviously he'll be happy with more money, but I think he'll still play like all hell some nights and not so much on others, just like now.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote