HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alright, I'm Back on the Kool-Aid

Old
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I can't believe this place sometimes, i really cant.

Yesterday we are talking abotu firing Renney, trading and sitting players and draft picks and now we are talking Stanley Cup.

Some things never change.

Jesus, calm down.
Hahahaha.

For the record, I still want Renney fired.

I still to acquire Kovalchuk (thanks for the declining stats, Kovy - I know you're doing everything you can to make it happen).

And I still want Redden traded.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:07 AM
ecemleafs

shes from rockland county. in my school district.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Hahahaha.

I still to acquire Kovalchuk (thanks for the declining stats, Kovy - I know you're doing everything you can to make it happen).

I see 3 disappointments in your immediate future

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I see 3 disappointments in your immediate future
Hey, I can dream.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Hahahaha.

Ahhhhhhhh dreams can come true, it can happen to you!

..........JUST NOT THESE!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
You make some good points about the Rangers. There is work to be done. Can they gel before the playoffs? We'll see. In the meantime our Elite player plays the whole game and nothing is more powerful to build a run on than a hot goaltender. So there is hope.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Ultimately my point is that I don't think it is as much of a gelling thing, as it is a ceiling on this team. There are a couple of major contracts to eat, or in an ideal Rangers world dump on someone, before you have the room to get a better impact guy or two to put you in real contention, IMO. I mean, you will be difficult to beat, I don't dispute that, but while a goalie can steal a series, it is damn hard to keep doing that while facing more guns all the time.
The additional 'gelling' you can do? Well, perhaps Renney will be able to finally utilize Prucha, and Dawes can keep chipping in with some consistency. Otherwise I find it really hard to see where it is additional contribution should really be expected above what you're already getting. But you will agree that Prucha and Dawes are not really names to hang your cup-hat on, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
As for the Pens. Its seems half your team couldnt get out of Pittsburgh fast enough last summer. And those were the guys you didnt trade away for Hossa. A team that has two of the premier players in the NHL and went to the ECF and everyone jumps ship? Something is SERIOUSLY wrong in Pittsburgh and its not a lack of talent.
I don't want to make this about Pens on your board, but just to reply. I would be the last to dispute that something is seriously wrong, also beyond the ludicrous list of injuries this season (tonight we lost Fedotenko and Dupuis). Something is wrong. Above all our coaching staff (X's & O's being alien concepts, we're consistently dumping and chasing with no forwards winning battles, PP is an abortion etc.) which has been a big issue on our board even in the best of times.
Also some off-season roster moves that in hindsight at least were not what we needed (particularly Satan was just a horrible fit for Crosby).
But beyond that, it is not reasonable to say that guys bolted in general. Hossa made a rational "I want to win the cup" decision, and his logic for taking that 1-year contract cannot really be challenged as Detroit are by far the best team on paper, IMO. He did so late, and by that time a lot of the free agent market was over. That hurt.
Then there's Malone, and while he was important for us for sure in many ways, there's no way any team should pay him as much as Tampa did. Certainly we couldn't. Malone would have liked to stay and says as much, but he got a bag of gold, and set himself and his family up for life. That isn't bolting in my view. Laraque also wanted to stay and says as much, but we signed Godard instead for cap reasons and didn't enter negotiations with The Rock. Then Laraque found a new employer. Not bolting. Same goes for Ruutu where we took Cooke who has been better for us that the Finn agitator was, and Ruutu signed for more at Ottawa. Adam Hall? Not important, but has been replaced at a higher level with Zigomanis.

As for the package we gave for Hossa.... Dupuis was there too and more than cancels out Colby. EC is pretty much worthless beyond the SO, has been all year too for Atlanta, and had no place within our organisation. Thus the price for Hossa who got us to the big show was a stalling high end prospect in Esposito (back in junior hockey and has looked to be regressing beyond yesterdays final...) and a late first. I do that. You do that. Everyone does that.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
McMonster

i never drink the kool-aid...

I'm a Mets, Jets, Rangers, and Knicks fan.

Worst combination EVER!...

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 10:12 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post

wow 1969 and 1994 must have been the two happiest times in your life, then back to hibernation

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 07:57 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post

same here... except I also like St. Johns basketball. to say I have been miserable lately is an understatement.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

let's see a decisive regulation win tonight and I'll have a sip of that.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:08 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

*bump*

Cmon, now I know some people will want a sip of it now.

Good win last night against a good team overcoming some BS calls. Our Rags showed lots of grit and determination against the Blackhawks. Chris Drury played like a C should and Lundy was classic Lundy. This is our Identity. We are a low scoring defensive oriented team that plays ugly 'blue line-blue line' games, with great goaltending from both of our G's. If we can keep up this kind of play and leave our annual December rut behind us we'll have a top 4 come May.

Plus our Goats have now become pretty decent players, Rosy Redden and Kalinin aren't nearly as horrendous as they were a few weeks ago. Duuuuuu Pruuuuu and Druuuuu are playing much more consistently as well.

LGR!!!!!

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote