HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/16/09 "Peanuts Are Extra" - Flyers VS. Panthers

View Poll Results: Who flies higher?
Panthers 16 69.57%
Flyers 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
He hands the hands, etc. to be a 1st round pick and now he's lost them. Sigh, it's his first full NHL season. He may be a 3rd liner, but I can't think of a better guy I'd like there. Part of what makes the Wings so successful is the play of guys like Holmstrom and Draper (two of my favorites), hoping he becomes one of those guys for this team.
Campbell is our Draper

Old
01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
He hands the hands, etc. to be a 1st round pick and now he's lost them. Sigh, it's his first full NHL season. He may be a 3rd liner, but I can't think of a better guy I'd like there. Part of what makes the Wings so successful is the play of guys like Holmstrom and Draper (two of my favorites), hoping he becomes one of those guys for this team.
I'm not sure he had notable hands when he was drafted. You'll never be able to convince me that Stewart has the hands to be a scorer.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Agreed. I'm not real sure why you had such an issue with it Biggz. I don't get why you think it was ******(whatever word that is)
I don't have a problem with players going slow, its just the way he approached it. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but he had this attitude like, "oh, this is the Panthers I don't need to try so I'm just gonna walk in like theres no goaltender to stop the puck." Then afterwards the way he was laughing, I don't think theres anything to laugh about.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I don't have a problem with players going slow, its just the way he approached it. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but he had this attitude like, "oh, this is the Panthers I don't need to try so I'm just gonna walk in like theres no goaltender to stop the puck." Then afterwards the way he was laughing, I don't think theres anything to laugh about.
People laugh when they are embarassed.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
People laugh when they are embarassed.
I didn't get that impression but anyways. On to Tampa.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Re. Stewart. Some people take a while to develop and I'm willing to let him have it. I've seen some nice improvement in his play of late, so that's a positive.

Re. the "not having the hands to be a scorer" comment--agreed, but what if he learns to drive hard to the net, or hang around in front of it? There are lots of guys in the NHL who have made a nice career for themselves doing just that. So I guess what I'm saying is that as long as I'm seeing improvement in him, then I'm going to remain optimistic.

He did look good last night, didn't he?

Old
01-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Re. Stewart. Some people take a while to develop and I'm willing to let him have it. I've seen some nice improvement in his play of late, so that's a positive.

Re. the "not having the hands to be a scorer" comment--agreed, but what if he learns to drive hard to the net, or hang around in front of it? There are lots of guys in the NHL who have made a nice career for themselves doing just that. So I guess what I'm saying is that as long as I'm seeing improvement in him, then I'm going to remain optimistic.

He did look good last night, didn't he?
I agree. I'm hoping he'll finally "get it" and start playing up to his potential, but theres a reason the Panthers gave him his last shot this season, and to me so far he hasn't lived up to it. His brother on the other hand, is going to be a really good player for Colorado.

Yeah but he doesn't go to the net. If he were to set up shop in front of the net with his size, he'd be alot more productive imo. But we're for some reason not utilizing him that way.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Two4Fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
We played well. Can't win them all. I'm glad there appears to be no effect from the break.

I hope we crush Tampa tomorrow. We cannot lose that game. The games we're supposed to win need to be won.
I second that opinion, can't win them all, but keep getting the points and moving in the standings.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
He almost scored on it...
really? ha Then I guess every single move out there 'almost scores'. It was a horrible move and it's makig the highlights for him being a knob.

Closed Thread