HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #46 - 01.16.09 | NY Rangers @ Chicago | 8:30 PM - MSG 2

Old
01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
jniklast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Prucha was the one who's stick went up high, though Roszival was in the immediate vicinity. The linesman got the wrong player, but it was the right call. I was getting the Chicago feed on GameCenter Live last night and they were able to find it and showed the replay. That call was legit.
yeah but they never showed that sharp was cut, did they?
anyway while the call itself was right, by sending rozy to the box they still f-ed us over 'cause we were already one dman short and rozy was the best defender last night, while prucha wasn't on the pk anyway

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
there wasn't one televised
For good reason.

The Rangers want to keep this on the DL so as not to get fined of incur more wrath from the refs.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
yeah but they never showed that sharp was cut, did they?
anyway while the call itself was right, by sending rozy to the box they still f-ed us over 'cause we were already one dman short and rozy was the best defender last night, while prucha wasn't on the pk anyway
I didn't see if Sharp was cut, but the refs almost never make that mistake... I meant the rule is pretty black and white...

Edit: Since the linesman made the actual call, doesn't the player HAVE to be cut?

Last edited by Tawnos: 01-17-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:38 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisshockey View Post
Before you complain about the officiating, consider this: What team got a rare overtime powerplay, which they quickly capitalized on to win the game? Just sayin’…

http://www.rangerblues.com/2009/01/1...in-at-chicago/
Yea, but the difference was the penalty called on Andrew Ladd in OT was NOT a phantom call.

He hacked Dubinsky's stick in half. That is slashing in every level of hockey.

Please, the refs were handing the game on a silver platter to the Black Hawks. The Rangers did a phenomenal job of killing off 37 PIM mostly on phantom calls, such as the call late in the third on Rozsival for high sticking... a 4 MINUTE PENALTY, no less, when watching a replay from every imaginable angle he made no contact with EITHER the puck NOR ANY PLAYER...

The Rangers didn't get a break in OT. The Hawks got away with everything in regulation and figured they could get away with that one too.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:39 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Looks as if the Black Hawks are the new "darlings" of the NHL this season.

Two years ago we had the Sabres.
Last year we had the Pen-tankers.
This year we got the Black Hawks.

Old
01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I watched the game for a second time. Every penalty was justified and was a total breakdown in discipline by the Rangers. The only call I had a problem with was the non-call on Byfuglien before the Stall slash.

When you break a guys stick with your stick...it's a penalty
When you hit a guy in the face with your stick...it's a penalty
When you take one hand off the stick and hook a guy to slow him down from getting the puck.....it's a penalty

The hawks are bigger, younger and faster than the rangers. I expected to see a lot of penalties from the rangers.I hate the new rules, but they are rules. Anybody who thinks it's some conspiracy is an idiot. The Rangers were extremely undisciplined last night but the executuon of their penalty kill was outstanding. That being said, the refs were extremely excessive last night and I wouldn't be surprised if they swallow the whistles for the next couple of Rangers games.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:44 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPAULxMARAx View Post
Yea, i though Renney was going to run on the ice and do something crazy.

I'm a big Renney supporter.

He is a very collected guy, he doesn't typically let his emotions get the better of him. And i like that. I find it embarrassing and immature when guys like Lindy Ruff throw their little tantrums like a 5 year old in Toys R Us and get their way.

But man, he was boiling last night. And rightfully so.

I'm all for him getting vocal when it is needed. It was definitely needed last night.

Old
01-17-2009, 01:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Good for Tom.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:57 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Good for Betts, getting some words in. Either he or Mara deserves an A over Gomez, I say.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by APStyleGuide99 View Post
I watched the game for a second time. Every penalty was justified and was a total breakdown in discipline by the Rangers. The only call I had a problem with was the non-call on Byfuglien before the Stall slash.

When you take one hand off the stick and hook a guy to slow him down from getting the puck.....it's a penalty

The hawks are bigger, younger and faster than the rangers. I expected to see a lot of penalties from the rangers.I hate the new rules, but they are rules. Anybody who thinks it's some conspiracy is an idiot. The Rangers were extremely undisciplined last night but the executuon of their penalty kill was outstanding. That being said, the refs were extremely excessive last night and I wouldn't be surprised if they swallow the whistles for the next couple of Rangers games.
What?

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I thought he was going to walk out onto the ice. seriously. I was like holy ****. How far is he going to go.
I thought the same as well.

Has Renney ever been that vocal towards a ref before last nights game?

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by APStyleGuide99 View Post

The refs were garbage last night period.

Worst game by these POS refs that i've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:05 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
The refs were garbage last night period.

Worst game by these POS refs that i've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them
No you haven't

Btw people keep saying prucha is the guy who high sticked the hawks player ,you show me blood and i'll accept the 4 minutes,other GTFO REFS!

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

about half the calls were justified by the Rangers, and the other half were borderline phantom.

The slash on Betts? are you kidding me?!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:22 PM
lbrowne

I actually seen the play where Prucha got him with the stick - although Sharp sold it pretty darn good when the tip of Prucha's blade barely glanced him. I played cvlose attention to when he went over to his own bench - and I was like, he's not bleeding... Then later when they called the penalty I was very surprised at the 4 minute tally.

It is a call that should be made yes when it comes to a stick in the face, but I seen much MUCH worse not get called. When I noticed the refs didn't put their hand up I immediately thought "Sorry Sharp, they ain't buyin that one" He swung his head like he got hit with a bat.

The linesman should have let it be since the Refs were so flagrant in making calls.

5 5on3s in one game - I can't remember in recent history of watching hockey ever seeing that before. Unacceptable.

Takeaways from the game:

1. Henrik was absolutely outstanding, I'll go as far as saying any other NHL goalie in our pipes during that game and we lose.

2. Renney cussed the refs when it was ultimately needed. If he got to that point, you know it had to be bad.

3. Against all odds, we still win against an AWESOME team. They ultimately have to build on that and start rolling.

4. Korps Dubi Zherd should stay together, that pass Korps made to Dubi is a glance of what is to come from him.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:32 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I actually seen the play where Prucha got him with the stick - although Sharp sold it pretty darn good when the tip of Prucha's blade barely glanced him. I played cvlose attention to when he went over to his own bench - and I was like, he's not bleeding... Then later when they called the penalty I was very surprised at the 4 minute tally.

It is a call that should be made yes when it comes to a stick in the face, but I seen much MUCH worse not get called. When I noticed the refs didn't put their hand up I immediately thought "Sorry Sharp, they ain't buyin that one" He swung his head like he got hit with a bat.

The linesman should have let it be since the Refs were so flagrant in making calls.

5 5on3s in one game - I can't remember in recent history of watching hockey ever seeing that before. Unacceptable.

Takeaways from the game:

1. Henrik was absolutely outstanding, I'll go as far as saying any other NHL goalie in our pipes during that game and we lose.

2. Renney cussed the refs when it was ultimately needed. If he got to that point, you know it had to be bad.

3. Against all odds, we still win against an AWESOME team. They ultimately have to build on that and start rolling.

4. Korps Dubi Zherd should stay together, that pass Korps made to Dubi is a glance of what is to come from him.

But...but....but....according to some he belongs in hartford. He can't keep up playing top 6 minutes.

Like I said, Korpikoski is ready, and not to play bottom two lines...but to play top 2 line minutes and contribute offensively.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 05:16 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
But...but....but....according to some he belongs in hartford. He can't keep up playing top 6 minutes.

Like I said, Korpikoski is ready, and not to play bottom two lines...but to play top 2 line minutes and contribute offensively.
I think he needs a little bit more time, but since the team isn't bringing Shanny back anyway there is no point in sending him down. I'll take him over Voros any day of the week, especially since Voros isn't going to get any better and Korpikoski most likely will

He's definitely not a top 6 player yet.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Wow I completely forgot Voros was even a Ranger.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
045NYR

I could see us putting a nice streak together and taking the next 4 easily after this game, as long as we can keep up the good effort. Boston will be a tough one, but we could possibly win out the rest of January.

045NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 06:27 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by 045 DEUCE NYR View Post
I could see us putting a nice streak together and taking the next 4 easily after this game, as long as we can keep up the good effort. Boston will be a tough one, but we could possibly win out the rest of January.
yeah the vicious boston bruins that squeak out 2-1 wins over islanders,trashers,canes and BOLTS!!! <--- lol galore.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post

the standards for top six forward are pretty low around here.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
045NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
yeah the vicious boston bruins that squeak out 2-1 wins over islanders,trashers,canes and BOLTS!!! <--- lol galore.
if i remember correctly we beat the Isles 2-1 and beat the canes and trashers 3-2. so i dont see that big of a difference between us and Boston besides the fact that they have 70 points, we have 58. They are 2nd in the league in scoring and 1st in goals against average soo.....

Last edited by 045NYR: 01-17-2009 at 07:06 PM.
045NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
the standards for top six forward are pretty low around here.
Korpikoski is a little weird in that I don't think he's a top six forward yet, but giving him top six minutes probably will help turn him into one faster (if he ever truly turns into one)

i don't think giving him checking assignments and linemates who don't score well is a very good way to help him develop offensive skills to earn a real top six spot

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 07:34 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Korpikoski is a little weird in that I don't think he's a top six forward yet, but giving him top six minutes probably will help turn him into one faster (if he ever truly turns into one)

i don't think giving him checking assignments and linemates who don't score well is a very good way to help him develop offensive skills to earn a real top six spot
But I believe letting him play on the bottom two lines for a few games(as Renney did) has developed him into a fast player with two-way skills. I like how he is developing thus far.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 08:47 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
LOL....on the New York Rangers, Ryan Callahan is a first line winger, Korpi is a second line winger, enough said, were kind of over achieving

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote