HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #46 - 01.16.09 | NY Rangers @ Chicago | 8:30 PM - MSG 2

Old
01-17-2009, 08:49 PM
ciggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by APStyleGuide99 View Post
I watched the game for a second time. Every penalty was justified and was a total breakdown in discipline by the Rangers. The only call I had a problem with was the non-call on Byfuglien before the Stall slash.

When you break a guys stick with your stick...it's a penalty
When you hit a guy in the face with your stick...it's a penalty
When you take one hand off the stick and hook a guy to slow him down from getting the puck.....it's a penalty

The hawks are bigger, younger and faster than the rangers. I expected to see a lot of penalties from the rangers.I hate the new rules, but they are rules. Anybody who thinks it's some conspiracy is an idiot. The Rangers were extremely undisciplined last night but the executuon of their penalty kill was outstanding. That being said, the refs were extremely excessive last night and I wouldn't be surprised if they swallow the whistles for the next couple of Rangers games.

these are 2 of the best teams in the nhl... you let them play... watch the game again and you''ll probably find that chicago could have beeen called for just as many..

the officiating of that game was an embarassment to an nhl fan !!!

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Can we just rid ourselves of Fritsche for like a conditional? It's pretty obvious everyone else is better.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 09:33 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
these are 2 of the best teams in the nhl... you let them play... watch the game again and you''ll probably find that chicago could have beeen called for just as many..

the officiating of that game was an embarassment to an nhl fan !!!
I saw that, but it doesn't excuse the Rangers for being undisciplined. Like I said, the officiating was excessive and I agree that they should let them play. But the bottom line is that even die-hard Rangers fans like myself saw a heck of a lot of undisciplined play out there. Even Drury said the Refs were telling them from the start of the game to keep their sticks down and they just got caught too often. I've been on this board for about three weeks and I am just not the kind of fan who blames things on referees.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by APStyleGuide99 View Post
I saw that, but it doesn't excuse the Rangers for being undisciplined. Like I said, the officiating was excessive and I agree that they should let them play. But the bottom line is that even die-hard Rangers fans like myself saw a heck of a lot of undisciplined play out there. Even Drury said the Refs were telling them from the start of the game to keep their sticks down and they just got caught too often. I've been on this board for about three weeks and I am just not the kind of fan who blames things on referees.
Your not changing anyone's mind

The refs were garbage last night pure and simple. Even Hawk fans admitted it.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Well, i was at this game and have a few points and a great story to boot.
First, how sweet it is to be at that area when it is packed to the gills. 22,600+!!!! And all screaming NY s*cks, and lets go hawks. I just sat back and enjoyed it, It is so nice to see it packed after seeing 8-14k regularly.

The game itself:
Probably one of the sloppiest all around games I have been to in a while. Some can be blamed on the refs, and that led to no flow. There were a lot of Phantom Penalty calls, and the Rangers and the fans should be pissed. It didn't help tho by arguing and getting more tacked on. Seriously, how many 5on3ís do you see, maybe 1 a game. But 5!!!! I put it this way while watching it: the Rangers were a little undisciplined or tired after all the calls, and pretty much handed the game to the Blackhawks. Only problem was that the Hawks didnít want it. Neither team did for that matter. The rangers have a good PK, but it seemed like the Hawks were their own worst enemy on the PP. Errand passes, and just overall ugly cycling. It was unfortunate that someone had to win a game like this. Both teams were giving the game to the other. I guess it serves the Hawks right that the Rangers won..

Something that has bothered me to no end is fighting after big hits. This crap has got to stop.... I think it was Girardi or Callahan that laid someone out cleanly, then Barker comes in and drops the gloves with him. At least barker got an Instigator, they should call this more often, just stupid when it is a clean hit.

So my Feel good story:

I went to this game with my Brother, A die hard Rangers Fan, and his 8 yr old son. We got there real early and were able to watch practice. Before the players came out for warm-ups, one of the NHL Bench officials gave my nephew and a bunch of kids around the bench official practice pucks. Just thought that was really nice. You get a fan for life with things like that.

Then, While the Rangers were going onto the ice for practice, A Rangers Staff member (probably Equip mnger) handed him an official Rangers Puck. Pretty nice of them, but later the same Staff member came out and said for us to hang out a few minutes after warmups for something. Dude comes out with a broken stick signed by Michael Roszival for him. The guy was just awesome, this is another reason I love this game.. No matter what team you root for, thatís pretty classy.

For you Ranger fans, We were not sure who exactly this guy was, and we would like to send him a thank you letter. If you have a picture and names of the Rangers Training Staff, it would be appreciated. As would the best way of getting the letter to him.
He was a little older, maybe mid 40's, kinda of had longer hair and was pretty thin if that helps.

Thanks.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:20 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
Something that has bothered me to no end is fighting after big hits. This crap has got to stop.... I think it was Girardi or Callahan that laid someone out cleanly, then Barker comes in and drops the gloves with him. At least barker got an Instigator, they should call this more often, just stupid when it is a clean hit.
Tell me about it. That is getting absolutely ridiculous. It's like you can't even hit anyone clean anymore.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote