HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your lineup when everyone healthy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM
  #26
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - D'Agostini
SK - Lang - AK
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kosto
(Laraque/Begin)

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Gorges
Brisebois - Bouillon
(Dandenault)

Price
(Halak)


I don't even see this as 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines. They all look great. Just imagine those first three lines at full speed. Regularly. God! even our 4th line can be lethal, plus you can add Laraque at will whenever he's needed. And like everyone said, a #4/5 dman would be the missing piece of a very scary puzzle.
Where's Higgins?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
  #27
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
im not so sure why everyone see Pacioretty as being higher up on the lineup than Dago.

Pax has being playing well, but Dago bad the bad end of the deal from going to the first to last line. He still has a rocket wrister and great skater.

I wouldnt count him out.
Agree. IMHO right now I would chose Pac, but things could chance in a week or two, Mac is just a rookie and I wouldn't be surprised to see him slow down quite a bit.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
  #28
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Ak Lang Sk
Pacioretty Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu D'Ago
Gui Lappiere Kostopoulos

Higgins is the oddman out, D'ago is a better finisher.
That is true, and both Tanguay and Koivu are playmakers. Good point.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:27 AM
  #29
HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Quebec, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HaBs_ReNeGaTe
I'll be the first one to send Pacioretty to Hamilton over D'Agostini

Tanguay - Plekanec - Kovy
AK - Lang - SK
Higgins - Koivu - D'Agostini
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos / Bégin
Laraque

I would try Tanguay with Plecks and Kovy, but if it don't work out, I'd switch him and D'Ago. Reuniting Koivu and Higgins on the same line is the right thing to do I guess. I hope Carbo won't change Lang and Lapierre lines.

HaBs_ReNeGaTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:30 AM
  #30
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBs_ReNeGaTe View Post
I'll be the first one to send Pacioretty to Hamilton over D'Agostini
I completely agree.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:48 AM
  #31
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
40 games, including playoffs. MaxPac gets UFA status in 2016 if he doesn't reach 40 games this year, and 2015 if he does.

I have a post in the stickies about this, for each player.
Then play him 39 regular season games, no more.

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:51 AM
  #32
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,777
vCash: 500
The Habs will send Pax down IMO, D'Ago is in his last year of his contract and I think they will give him a shot to evaluate him and see if he fits into the long terms plans of the club.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
  #33
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Where's Higgins?
On the pressbox eating popcorns and Hot Dogs or somewhere not named Montreal...

More seriously, I expect Higgins to replace Max Pacioretty though... Unfortunately...

Sergei Kostitsyn - Robert Lang - Andrei Kostitsyn
Alex Tanguay - Saku Koivu - Matt D'Agostini
Chris Higgins - Tomas Plekanec - Alexei Kovalev
Guillaume Latendresse - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Kostopoulos

Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Roman Hamrlik - Josh Gorges
Francis Bouillon - Patrice Brisebois

Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak

Healthy Scratch: George Laraque, Steve Begin, Mathieu Dandenault



Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
  #34
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
What will be your lineup when everyone will be healthy??

Pacioretty-Plekanek-Kovalev
Kost-Lang-Kost
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kosto/Laraque

Markov-Komi
Hamrlik-Gorges
Brisebois-Bouillon

Price
Halak


D'Ago, Chipchura and Stewart in Hamilton.
Same. The only item that the Habs need is another top 4 d man. Breisbois looks like he is running out of gas and makes too many boneheaded plays during games to go with the few smart plays he does make.

bipolarhabfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
  #35
Ado*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Québec
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Kovalev - Lecavalier - Pacioretty
Father and sons
D'agostini - Koivu - Tanguay
LaLaLa

Markov - Bouwmeester
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Georges - ?

Jesus

Traded : Plekanec, Higgins, Halak, pics, prospects

Ado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
  #36
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Ak Lang Sk
Pacioretty Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu D'Ago
Gui Lappiere Kostopoulos

Higgins is the oddman out, D'ago is a better finisher.
Amazing how yhou people just throw away a 27 goal scorer after 1/2 a bad season!

I would keep Higgins, and see which one of UFA doesn't come back next year.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
  #37
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Amazing how yhou people just throw away a 27 goal scorer after 1/2 a bad season!

I would keep Higgins, and see which one of UFA doesn't come back next year.
Only because we other more important spots to fill on the roster(4th defensemen) and don;t get me wrong I love Higgins, but his job can be replaced, since this is so and given the fact that he does have trade value I would find a way to package something in order to get something that we are actually missing.

His time out of the lineup has shown that we have propects who can take his place, but we have no one to fill the 4th d spot.

Higgins has the most trade value on thsi team besides, the K bros, Koivu, Markov, Kovalev, Lang but I those players are key.

I am not throwing Higgins under the bus, it's just that we have guys who can do his job and we have too many wingers and we have a big hole on D. 1+1=2

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:35 PM
  #38
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I am not throwing Higgins under the bus, it's just that we have guys who can do his job and we have too many wingers and we have a big hole on D. 1+1=2
There are maybe, two or three players that can play as good of defensive hockey as a forward on our team as Chris Higgins. Higgins has put up more goals (by 1) than Andrei Kostitsyn last season, and did it while being exceptionally better defensively.

Montreal has not called up a single forward who can put up his numbers defensively along with his numbers offensively. His injury issues have hurt his production, but that just means we'll save a ton on him come RFA signing time.

This "We got rookies who can do his job" talk needs to stop.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:36 PM
  #39
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
40 games, including playoffs. MaxPac gets UFA status in 2016 if he doesn't reach 40 games this year, and 2015 if he does.

I have a post in the stickies about this, for each player.
then what does the 10 game thing relate to? is that just for rookie contracts for players with junior eligibility or something? i mean, in the case of the blues and alex pieterangelo (sp?) or other such kids who play for 10 games or less with the big league team, whats the incentive to the team to send the player down before the 10th game (or after the 10th game im not sure on that part fully)

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:45 PM
  #40
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,209
vCash: 500
D'Ago and O'Byrne have the worst +/- on the team at -5. Next is Chip at -3 and couple guys at -2 Begin, Pac and Laraque. Yes, Beezer is a +4.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:04 PM
  #41
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
On the pressbox eating popcorns and Hot Dogs or somewhere not named Montreal...

More seriously, I expect Higgins to replace Max Pacioretty though... Unfortunately...

Sergei Kostitsyn - Robert Lang - Andrei Kostitsyn
Alex Tanguay - Saku Koivu - Matt D'Agostini
Chris Higgins - Tomas Plekanec - Alexei Kovalev
Guillaume Latendresse - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Kostopoulos

Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Roman Hamrlik - Josh Gorges
Francis Bouillon - Patrice Brisebois

Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak

Healthy Scratch: George Laraque, Steve Begin, Mathieu Dandenault


Your lines are fine, but....

With everyone healthy - if it ever happen - the club won't be significantly better or more effective as a group. Latendresse. Lapierre and Kosto will have less ice time, as well as the three other lines. A fourth energy line playing 10 minutes or less is still the best way to go, while the top three lines get 15-20 minutes each.

Unfortunately, the youngsters like Pacioretty, Stewart, Chipchura, and even D'agostini will have to be sent down to Hamilton. but, we know now that these guys can do the job next year when the habs will loose some UFA's.

Laraque, when completely healthy, will require to be in the line up full time to ''do his job''. Unless Gainey can deal him at trade deadline.

But, this thread is just speculation because having no injuries at all is almost impossible

Anyway, Gainey has now some good cards to trade away to fill the holes on D.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
  #42
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
There are maybe, two or three players that can play as good of defensive hockey as a forward on our team as Chris Higgins. Higgins has put up more goals (by 1) than Andrei Kostitsyn last season, and did it while being exceptionally better defensively.

Montreal has not called up a single forward who can put up his numbers defensively along with his numbers offensively. His injury issues have hurt his production, but that just means we'll save a ton on him come RFA signing time.

This "We got rookies who can do his job" talk needs to stop.
I'll give you this question...Do you think Higgins will be the deciding factor in making a good team an elite team?

Higgins is good don't get me wrong, but I think getting a top 4 defensemen will make us an elite team and I think that will have to come at the cost of someone and that someone is Higgins regardless of whether he plays well defensively or not, why at his cost because I think he has very good value and trading him will not effect our team as much as trading a Kovalev or Lang.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  #43
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Your lines are fine, but....

With everyone healthy - if it ever happen - the club won't be significantly better or more effective as a group. Latendresse. Lapierre and Kosto will have less ice time, as well as the three other lines. A fourth energy line playing 10 minutes or less is still the best way to go, while the top three lines get 15-20 minutes each.

Unfortunately, the youngsters like Pacioretty, Stewart, Chipchura, and even D'agostini will have to be sent down to Hamilton. but, we know now that these guys can do the job next year when the habs will loose some UFA's.

Laraque, when completely healthy, will require to be in the line up full time to ''do his job''. Unless Gainey can deal him at trade deadline.

But, this thread is just speculation because having no injuries at all is almost impossible

Anyway, Gainey has now some good cards to trade away to fill the holes on D.
Yes they will be much stronger with Koivu-Higgins-Tanguay than Bégin-Stewart-D'Ago, even if it means the Lapierre line getting less ice time. The Lapierre line should not be getting 18 minutes + a game anyways.

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
  #44
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
I would seriously send Max Pac or d'Ags down in favor of Higgins, at least Higgins can backcheck and is not a liability defensively.

So:

Pacioretty-Pleks-Kovy
Ak-Lang-SK
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Lats-Laps-Kosto
Bégin/Laraque as spares, depending on the games

Looks pretty good if Pac stays, or else we have to find someone who can fit on Plek's line who wouldn't be Andrei Kostitsyn because his line is unsplittable right now.

Our only serious need is on D.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:16 PM
  #45
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I'll give you this question...Do you think Higgins will be the deciding factor in making a good team an elite team?
Yes.

Montreal does not need a Top 4 D-man. We need someone who can play our third string that is more reliable than Patrice Brisebois. That's all. Greg Zanon or Jordan Leopold would be perfect. Those are questionable Top 4's, but definite Top 6 blueliners. They won't cost us a Higgins.

Go look at the +/- on our rookies/sophmores. D'Agostini, O'Byrne, Chipchura, Pacioretty and Maxwell are all negatives. Sergei Kostitsyn was a negative until they put him back with his brother and Robert Lang. Now look at Chris Higgins. He hasn't played in forever, his point totals were not where they should be, and he still was a +4.

Why subtract from the team when you can add? Just add someone to make our D corps stronger, and then bring back Higgins, who even when he is not scoring, will put up excellent defensive numbers for us. Our team doesn't have to sacrifice Higgins to get better. Period.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:17 PM
  #46
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Yes they will be much stronger with Koivu-Higgins-Tanguay than Bégin-Stewart-D'Ago, even if it means the Lapierre line getting less ice time. The Lapierre line should not be getting 18 minutes + a game anyways.
They will get the 18 minutes as long as they play that way. But a good strong 15 minutes is more what it should be.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:22 PM
  #47
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado View Post
Kovalev - Lecavalier - Pacioretty
Father and sons
D'agostini - Koivu - Tanguay
LaLaLa

Markov - Bouwmeester
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Georges - ?

Jesus

Traded : Plekanec, Higgins, Halak, pics, prospects

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:25 PM
  #48
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Yes.

Montreal does not need a Top 4 D-man. We need someone who can play our third string that is more reliable than Patrice Brisebois. That's all. Greg Zanon or Jordan Leopold would be perfect. Those are questionable Top 4's, but definite Top 6 blueliners. They won't cost us a Higgins.

Go look at the +/- on our rookies/sophmores. D'Agostini, O'Byrne, Chipchura, Pacioretty and Maxwell are all negatives. Sergei Kostitsyn was a negative until they put him back with his brother and Robert Lang. Now look at Chris Higgins. He hasn't played in forever, his point totals were not where they should be, and he still was a +4.

Why subtract from the team when you can add? Just add someone to make our D corps stronger, and then bring back Higgins, who even when he is not scoring, will put up excellent defensive numbers for us. Our team doesn't have to sacrifice Higgins to get better. Period.
+/- is a skewed stat and should not be used to measure a players defensive competencies. Just because you are on the ice when you get scored on doesn't mean it was you specifically that played bad defensivly.

I don't think Higgins makes us a better team, I think whether you place him or Matt D'agostini in the lineup you would yeild the same results, in fact I think Matt D;agotini is a much better scorer than Christopher Higgins is.

We don't need a bottom pairing D-man, we got one in Gorges, We need a D who is capable of shutting down with Hammer, Gorges can do the job, but he'd be much more effective with Boullion.

A top 4 or top 3 day makes us a much more dangerous team than replacing Pacioretty or D'agostini with Christopher Higgins.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:28 PM
  #49
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,702
vCash: 500
-With everyone back, I hope Carbo continues to make decisions on merit:
1- by not overplaying the lines with guys playing for contracts and not underplaying the lines that are producing.
2-by not breaking up functioning lines to match productive players with others who need to pad their resumé.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:31 PM
  #50
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I don't think Higgins makes us a better team, I think whether you place him or Matt D'agostini in the lineup you would yeild the same results, in fact I think Matt D;agotini is a much better scorer than Christopher Higgins is.
Once again, you're only focusing on scoring.

Matt D'Agostini would get eaten the **** alive in the playoffs.

Christopher Higgins has three 20 goal seasons under his belt. That's while also being one our very best defensive forwards. D'Agostini will get his chance to prove some form of reliability next year. Higgins has already proved his. Before getting injured, in pre-season games, Higgins would be the best player on both ends of the ice. He was a poor man's Brad Richards. Why you would want to place a rookie in that role is bewildering to me.

All we need is a Zanon level player who can block an insane amount of shots with the rest of our shot blockers, or a Jordan Leopold who is tight in the defensive zone.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.