HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#47): 1/18/2009 New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins 12:30pm NBC (HD)

Old
01-18-2009, 08:48 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Remember last year when Therrien, Crosby and the majority of your fanbase were incessantly whining about the reffing against the Wings?

And do you remember this year, and last year when Penguins fans made fun of other fans who complained about refs? Good times.
One of my points.

And I see Tony66 has decided to scrupulously avoid you, too.

Color me shocked.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 08:50 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Funny how you avoid my second point.
LOL. Tony66 has apparently taken up the literary equivalent of turtling.

Old
01-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I wish there was a way (inexpensive or free) to sync up the audio from 1050 with the TV so I never have to listen to those bums on NBC anymore.
I wish man. Did anyone else notice how during one of the intermissions Milbury called the Penguins the Stanley Cup Champions and kept on mentioning how they were going through a Stanley Cup hangover?

This guy gets paid money to talk about hockey on TV and he doesn't know that the RED WINGS won the Cup last year?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

simple observations from todays game.

we mostly suked. well. not mostly, totally. can you say, mail it in? not show up? not prepared. not ready. no passion. no creativity. waste of my time. all that. it was just plain bad.

we cant win on network tv against the pens if we play like crap. period. with the calls and refs against us and the network seemingly only interested in cindy crybaby we better play our best. we didnt. we lose.

hank played well. he wasnt nearly perfect enough tho and thus, we lost.

zero goals against a team that has given up 21 more goals then us in the same 47 games. bad. we are seriously offensively challenged.

pp. um. zilch. again. perry pearn. not fired. makes perfect sense.

oh and one last thing again. fire tom renney.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
KuroElite*

Quote:
what is the point of you're second point anyways??????

KuroElite* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
What? That the ref missed a potential tripping call? GET OVER IT! Missed calls happen in every sport! Learn to live with it! Still wouldn't have changed the fact that you were grossly outplayed today, and you failed to capitalize on the PP opportunities you did have. THrowing out ridiculous conspiracy theories about how the NHL and NBC are conspiring to help the Pens in order to excuse just how badly your team played is still laughable.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post

I complained about it to prove a point that missed calls went both ways. I'm not the one that was complaining about the officiating, remember?

Sorry to belabor the point, but when the penalties are handed out 5 to one team, 2 to the other for the game, and the score is 3-0 before the pens take their first penalty, I think its safe to assume the team getting the short end of these missed calls is going to be upset about it...

Let me explain, removing the matching penalties to crosby and orr, means the penguins were penalized twice in the game, now where most fans take issue is that means the referees that saw the Rangers take 5 penalties (and assumingly missed a few that werent called), these same referees only witnessed 2 infractions by the Pens, which is absolutely inconceivable when off the top of my head I can think of the
1)Trip that was missed by Hal Gill on Korpikoski (that lead to the missed korpikoski high stick that would have never happened if he wasnt tripped)
2)The blatant slash on Blair Betts 5 feet in front of the ref, that broke his stick and sent him to the bench shaking off the pain
3)The crosscheck from behind on Chris Drury in front of the net with the puck loose under Fleury's leg

How the hell can a professional team of referees miss more calls than they actually end up calling???

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:33 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:

I complained about it to prove a point that missed calls went both ways. I'm not the one that was complaining about the officiating, remember?
You complained but you're not complaining?

I don't get it.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 01:30 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroElite View Post
why would goddard fight and risk getting the rangers hyped and maybe making a comeback in the game..did the rite thing and made orr look foolish....orr really showed a lot by going after sid......sid just laffed and swung a bow at him..
the penguins are the 'hyped' team. over-hyped actually. they're not that good.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:04 AM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroElite View Post
why would goddard fight and risk getting the rangers hyped and maybe making a comeback in the game.
@ you repeating exactly what one of the commentators said about that... I think it was Eddie Olczyk.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:12 AM
McMonster

Quote:
the only thing we really complained about in regards to the series against the Wings was Osgood's non-stop diving and how it was going unnoticed by the refs.
oh, the irony

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 10:04 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
oh, the irony
Indeed. Sad that his posts were wiped, although I'm confident Tony66 is pleased. He talked himself into quite a hole ... when he wasn't running from arguments, tail between legs.

Anyways, thanks to several of you quoting him, his pwnage is on record.

Old
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I wish there was a way (inexpensive or free) to sync up the audio from 1050 with the TV so I never have to listen to those bums on NBC anymore.
There is.

Small, hand held AM/FM radio with built in speaker + mute button on TV = what you are wishing for.

I did it during the playoffs last year. It works well. Albert and Malone are 1000000000x better then listening to NBC and VS.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
MaximusT

Man, I really wish we had won that game
Still pissed off lol, and now the Flyers and Devils have 2 games in hand and only a point behind...*****..Let's GO NASHVILLE!
It's highly unlikely both teams lose their next 2 games though:
NJ has Nashville and Montreal
Philly has Atlanta and Florida

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:59 AM
HAPPY HOUR

You guys remember the Pens fans falling all over themselves whining that Gary Bettman was going to rig the draft lottery so that the Rangers would get Sidney? Everything from magnetized balls, to overstuffing Ranger names and substracting Penguin names.... lol

Talk about conspiracy theories to the tenth degree. Pens fans crack me up sometimes.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 01:05 PM
BleedBlue4491

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
I wish man. Did anyone else notice how during one of the intermissions Milbury called the Penguins the Stanley Cup Champions and kept on mentioning how they were going through a Stanley Cup hangover?

This guy gets paid money to talk about hockey on TV and he doesn't know that the RED WINGS won the Cup last year?
LOL. I heard that too. I was sitting there, thinking, "Did I really just hear that? No way. I didn't" and then I heard him say they had a stanley cup hangover. I was very confused.

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

According to Sam, Prucha and Korpiskoski sit in practice for Fritsche and Voros

Quote:
Markus Naslund-Scott Gomez-Ryan Callahan
Nigel Dawes-Chris Drury-Dan Fritsche
Aaron Voros-Brandon Dubinsky-Nikolai Zherdev
Fredrik Sjostrom-Blair Betts-Colton Orr
Quote:
According to Renney, the new lines were in part a function of needing to get Voros and Fritsche some practice time at forward since they had spent the past few weeks practicing as spare defensemen.
Renney always panics whenever the Rangers get spanked, and it's never the high priced bums who sit. I hope that these are just "practice" lines, but with Renney's track record of messing with the lineup whenever the Rangers lose, I doubt it.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:34 AM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
oh, the irony
That's the only thing they complained about was the diving? Sure that is quite ironic and laughable, but I seem to remember their coach, team, and fans ALL crying about how the Wings play defense and did constant obstruction vs their beloved team the entire series.

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote