HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Tampa Bay (Lecavalier)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
  #851
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
OK Habs fan... you dont want to get rid of Markov...you dont want to get rid of AK...you dont want to get rid of Komo...OH OH OH WAIT, the Lightning can have Higgins....and UH OH YEAH...they can have Plecanek.

That should do it right, I mean look at the Thornton trade. Look at the Thornton trade. Look at the Thornton trade. We're gonna screw the Bolts over just like that...no problem.

HAHAHAHA
Forget about Markov, he as a no trade clause which allows him to only be traded to a short list of pre-specified teams and TB is NOT on it.

As for Komi, he's a UFA at year end, so why would you want him? He's our soul and character player and future captain, so forget about him also.

As for AK, doubtful Gainey trades a 40 goal scorer at $4M with the cap going down in the next few years. Habs DON'T need Lecavalier, it would just be nice; so forget about getting half our team in return. You guys can keep him. TB is dealing with Gainey, not Milbury. Gainey will only pay fair value and nothing more. Lecavalier is NOT Mario Lemieux. He's a top 10 forward in the league, don't expect the world for him.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:54 AM
  #852
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
OK Habs fan... you dont want to get rid of Markov...you dont want to get rid of AK...you dont want to get rid of Komo...OH OH OH WAIT, the Lightning can have Higgins....and UH OH YEAH...they can have Plecanek.

That should do it right, I mean look at the Thornton trade. Look at the Thornton trade. Look at the Thornton trade. We're gonna screw the Bolts over just like that...no problem.

HAHAHAHA
I'm a Habs' fan and I also understand that you need to give something good in order to get a player like Lecavalier in return. I would give the Kostitsyn brothers instead of Plekanec and Higgins if that's what it takes but just remember that the Ligthning can't take on as much salary as they're giving as the only reason for them to even consider trading Lecavalier would be financial...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:01 PM
  #853
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I'm a Habs' fan and I also understand that you need to give something good in order to get a player like Lecavalier in return. I would give the Kostitsyn brothers instead of Plekanec and Higgins if that's what it takes but just remember that the Ligthning can't take on as much salary as they're giving as the only reason for them to even consider trading Lecavalier would be financial...
That is not true. The Bolts have no depth. If they can get a return like AK, SK, Plek, 1st, it would be a deal that they would really have to consider because it might help them hockey wise.

Dont buy into the "bankrupt" thing. Its far fetched at best.

If they decide to re-build than trading Vinny is an option only if the trade is too good to refuse and makes the most hockey sense.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:04 PM
  #854
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
That is not true. The Bolts have no depth. If they can get a return like AK, SK, Plek, 1st, it would be a deal that they would really have to consider because it might help them hockey wise.

Dont buy into the "bankrupt" thing. Its far fetched at best.

If they decide to re-build than trading Vinny is an option only if the trade is too good to refuse and makes the most hockey sense.
What is not true? The fact that if they would never trade Lecavalier if it were not for financial reasons? Who mentioned bankruptcy? I sure as hell didn't. You should re-read my post.

There is no way in hell that the Lightning trades Lecavalier if they're financially sound, agree? So if they trade the face of their franchise, it's because of the $10 million per season that they have to give him, combined with the poor economy.

I hope you can agree to that...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:05 PM
  #855
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
Who said they were going bankrupt? Eklund? Strachan? TFP? Come on guy...quit reading the Enquirer and think for your self for a second.

And they dont have to trade Vinny. They're only gonna trade him if they get a package they cant refuse.
True but that package is not gonna come from the Habs.Could we use Vinny ,yes. Would he help,sure but not at the cost at tearing our team apart.Do we need Vinny NO. You may very well get a package you can't refuse but it won;t be from us.No Markov,Komi,No brothers and No Price.The best you'll get is what most of the Hab fan have been offering. I can understand you not wanting what we're offering but you should be able to understand we're not giving what the Bolt's fans are asking for.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:08 PM
  #856
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
True but that package is not gonna come from the Habs.Could we use Vinny ,yes. Would he help,sure but not at the cost at tearing our team apart.Do we need Vinny NO. You may very well get a package you can't refuse but it won;t be from us.No Markov,Komi,No brothers and No Price.The best you'll get is what most of the Hab fan have been offering. I can understand you not wanting what we're offering but you should be able to understand we're not giving what the Bolt's fans are asking for.
I am completely fine with that and understand it.

BUT PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW that the Lightning have the upper-hand in a trade involving Vinny, not the other way around. They dont have to trade him.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:10 PM
  #857
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
What is not true? The fact that if they would never trade Lecavalier if it were not for financial reasons? Who mentioned bankruptcy? I sure as hell didn't. You should re-read my post.

There is no way in hell that the Lightning trades Lecavalier if they're financially sound, agree? So if they trade the face of their franchise, it's because of the $10 million per season that they have to give him, combined with the poor economy.

I hope you can agree to that...
I was saying that the only reason that they would trade Vinny is because of financial reasons is not true. They would trade him for a great package that they couldnt pass up. And that is because they have no depth.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:10 PM
  #858
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
I am completely fine with that and understand it.

BUT PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW that the Lightning have the upper-hand in a trade involving Vinny, not the other way around. They dont have to trade him.
False. Why would they want to trade the face of their franchise? Give me one reason that makes sense aside from money.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
  #859
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
I was saying that the only reason that they would trade Vinny is because of financial reasons is not true. They would trade him for a great package that they couldnt pass up. And that is because they have no depth.
And risk losing their sponsorships and seasons' tickets? BS!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:17 PM
  #860
Mr Underhill
Registered User
 
Mr Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
And risk losing their sponsorships and seasons' tickets? BS!
Its not as far fetched as it sounds dude. Im a Bolts fan and I would think twice about doing it.

Let me ask you, would you do it if you can get a package like AK, SK, Plek, 1st?

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:27 PM
  #861
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
Its not as far fetched as it sounds dude. Im a Bolts fan and I would think twice about doing it.

Let me ask you, would you do it if you can get a package like AK, SK, Plek, 1st?
If I'm Tampa Bay and I'm not in financial problems, no I don't do it. Why? Because in history, the team who gets the better player wins the trade and because of the risk of sponsors pulling their sponsorships and season's tickets holders pulling out as well! Instead, I try trading St-Louis.

If I'm struggling financially, absolutely I do it because it's the fiscally right thing to do and you add value to your roster at the same time.

It seems like Tampa Bay is in a bubble and people there don't get the information available (or chose to ignore it) in regards to the finances of their new owners. It's like putting your head in the sand in hope that the problem will go away! Didn't you read about the NHL stepping in and help re-structure the deal with the previous owner, or do you think it was made up, as people in Tampa think that the Lecavalier rumours were? They bought a toy that they simply can't afford! Yes they have re-structured, but for how long? Until the next payment is due?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:46 PM
  #862
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
I'd be curious to know which other teams have talked to TB about Vinny and what they are offering.

I doubt it's anything too great. Not too many teams would pay a high price for that contract. For one thing, insurance companies won't insure the full length of that contract. I think the max is 7 years. So if Vinny is injured and can't play hockey again before the end of his contract, a team would be on the hook for the last few years of his contract. No big deal cause the last few are not worth as much you may think, but which businessman would like to pay millions to someone who isn't there.

If Vinny gets traded, it won't happen until the draft most likely. That's what this past week was all about. They tested the water and didn't find a good enough return, no Markov, no Kostitsyns, no Komisarek. So they'll hang on to him until the draft and see if demand increases and if the offers are better. They might even entertain some offers at the deadline but I'd be surprised if the offers were any better then.

It doesn't matter how much you think your asset is worth, you only get what's offered or hang on to it. If you have a Rembrandt worth a $1m and you offer it to buyers but the best offer you get is $100, then that's what it's worth unless you hang on to it and hope the value goes up. But it could still go down.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
  #863
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I'd be curious to know which other teams have talked to TB about Vinny and what they are offering.

I doubt it's anything too great. Not too many teams would pay a high price for that contract. For one thing, insurance companies won't insure the full length of that contract. I think the max is 7 years. So if Vinny is injured and can't play hockey again before the end of his contract, a team would be on the hook for the last few years of his contract. No big deal cause the last few are not worth as much you may think, but which businessman would like to pay millions to someone who isn't there.

If Vinny gets traded, it won't happen until the draft most likely. That's what this past week was all about. They tested the water and didn't find a good enough return, no Markov, no Kostitsyns, no Komisarek. So they'll hang on to him until the draft and see if demand increases and if the offers are better. They might even entertain some offers at the deadline but I'd be surprised if the offers were any better then.

It doesn't matter how much you think your asset is worth, you only get what's offered or hang on to it. If you have a Rembrandt worth a $1m and you offer it to buyers but the best offer you get is $100, then that's what it's worth unless you hang on to it and hope the value goes up. But it could still go down.
Rumors were talking about Oilers, Rangers, Kings and ?

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:59 PM
  #864
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
I am completely fine with that and understand it.

BUT PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW that the Lightning have the upper-hand in a trade involving Vinny, not the other way around. They dont have to trade him.
The way I see it is with Lecavalier having a 11 year 85 million contract about to kick in this summer Tampa doesn't have the upper hand at all...There are not many teams in the NHL that can take on or would be willing to take on that contract plus give up the assets Tampa would want to make a trade.

Even if you don't want to believe it the only reason that Tampa even considers trading Lecavalier is strictly due to financial matters.Why else would they want to trade a player that just signed a lifetime contract with the team and as said publicly that he loves playing there? If Lecavalier gets traded it will be more a financial decision than a hockey decision in my opinion.....

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 04:09 PM
  #865
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
I am completely fine with that and understand it.

BUT PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW that the Lightning have the upper-hand in a trade involving Vinny, not the other way around. They dont have to trade him.
they don't have the upper hand IF
1) they have no cash - which you have no idea about - nor I
2) vinny only agrees to play for a select number of teams, one of which is montreal.


can we also put the markov rumors to rest? they're disrespectful. he leads the NHL in assists among dmen and is 2nd in points. he is a potential Norris trophy candidate. i'm not even sure gainey would trade him straight up for vinny considering we have koivu, pleks, lang, lapierre and chipchura at center.

this is one hab who is not being over-valued by hab fans.

there is chara in the east and then him

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:08 AM
  #866
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
If Tampa indeed wants a top pairing d-man, perhaps a three way trade involving Tor, TB and Montreal might work, since it's unlikely the Habs can deal Markov. Something that ends up with Kaberle+ in TB, Lecavalier in Montreal and some good stuff in TO?

To Montreal - Lecavalier
To Toronto - Higgins, Montreal 1st rounder 2009
To TB - Kaberle, Subban, Plekanec, Montreal 1st rounder 2010

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.