HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Have any of the fanbases changed their minds?

Old
01-19-2009, 03:54 AM
WildWolfdog

vCash: 500
Have any of the fanbases changed their minds?

Now that we're a few games past the official halfway mark of the season - have any of your fanbases changed their opinions regarding your teams? Some teams were hot to begin the year and have considerably cooled down while others were injury prone but have players coming back and the team's performance is a better. What about teams that have important players players returning from injuries but the results are the same?

The point of the thread is to ask whether there are any players on the Leafs that you didn't want before or didn't think you needed before - but are a little more attractive now for whatever reason?

WildWolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Brad May

Grabovski

Schem

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:28 AM
voxel

I'd take Matt Stajan or Niklas Hagman on my 3rd line any day.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:32 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

The problem with the Leafs and this board has never been that they lack players other teams might want. It's that the Leafs fans around here haven't the first clue how to value trades, and seem to equate the fact that players get talked about a lot (by the very fact that they're ON the Leafs) with value.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The Habs are sitting pretty much where I expected them to sit. Considering the rash of injuries to key players for extended periods of time, I'd say that we're even ahead of where I thought we would be had I known about the injuries before hand.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:45 AM
grabo84

Making general statements about a group of fans is always a recipe for trouble. Some people make ridiculous trades, but that goes for all teams.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
The Habs are sitting pretty much where I expected them to sit. Considering the rash of injuries to key players for extended periods of time, I'd say that we're even ahead of where I thought we would be had I known about the injuries before hand.
You thought they'd be behind Boston and Washington? I never would've guessed that before the season started.

Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 08:00 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
You thought they'd be behind Boston and Washington? I never would've guessed that before the season started.
I think more he meant they'd be on pace for a 110 point season. Where they are in the standings isn't really anything they can control. Boston is certainly a surprise though. I don't think anyone saw it coming.

And with 2 games in hand on Washington, I don't think it's safe to assume Washington will stay ahead of the Habs.

01-19-2009, 08:16 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWolfdog View Post
Now that we're a few games past the official halfway mark of the season - have any of your fanbases changed their opinions regarding your teams? Some teams were hot to begin the year and have considerably cooled down while others were injury prone but have players coming back and the team's performance is a better. What about teams that have important players players returning from injuries but the results are the same?

The point of the thread is to ask whether there are any players on the Leafs that you didn't want before or didn't think you needed before - but are a little more attractive now for whatever reason?
I was wrong about the canucks but still think they'll choke.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 08:29 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Making general statements about a group of fans is always a recipe for trouble. Some people make ridiculous trades, but that goes for all teams.
And say for example the ratio of good to bad posters is 5:1 on HFboards then the Capitals board may have 3 of them whereas the Leafs would have 30.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
I had predicted that by season's end, Boston would be right behind Montreal. Obviously, Boston had a great first half, well beyond anyone's expectations, even their own fan base.

We can't control what other teams do so if I look at the fact that we're 8 points ahead of where we were last year at the same time, I'd say that I'm very happy about this first half, on par with my original expectations.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Casey Ryback

my team is exactly where i thought they would be
and theyre going to keep falling i do believe... and the juice will be worth the squeeze
go leafs go....

Casey Ryback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I was wrong about the canucks but still think they'll choke.
they will have to make it there first

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Personally, I would have thought, with the number of review screwovers, untimely injuries to star players, and a Calder frontrunner going down for the season, that the Jackets would have been out of it by now.

zomg I love this team right now.

Leafs players? I get the feeling Burke's going to set the prices too high. Too bad.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Canes4me

The Canes are a huge disappointment to their fan base. Everyone finally healthy, coaching change, and still nothing insofar as consistent heart or passion.

Canes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
crazyforhockey

Vancouver has scored a little more than I expected.............we were doing fine even without Luongo,staying pace....but we have started to short circuit by bad giveaways..even from reliable guys.........and it has snowballed.............Even with some poor giveaways and poor defensive shifts last night against Clb,they may be finally showing some signs of getting that mokey off their back------this monkey or keystone cops routine the last ten games has surprised me.......they are not that bad but they sure playing that way.

The other team that has surprised me has been the Flames,,,,figured kipper would rebound(always a slow starter)but I thought beyond Reigher and Dion they were alittle slow and old on defence and I thought they would struggle to the playoffs,but they have a done a good job defensivley........and they finally have the pieces for secondary scoring.Could do well in the playoffs....would love to see a SJ-Cal series.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Personally, I would have thought, with the number of review screwovers, untimely injuries to star players, and a Calder frontrunner going down for the season, that the Jackets would have been out of it by now.

zomg I love this team right now.

Leafs players? I get the feeling Burke's going to set the prices too high. Too bad.
Hopefully the team continues to build and not slash players away if they happen to fall off the pace.They are looking good right now despite injuries.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote