HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fritshce/Voros potentially in for Prucha/Korpedo

Old
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Fritshce/Voros potentially in for Prucha/Korpedo

As per Sam:

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...ical-juncture/

Quote:
Sure enough, Tom Renney is shaking things up, although the coach was quick to caution nothing was in stone for tomorrow against the Ducks. Among the highlights: the return of Dan Fritsche to the lineup after 20 games, as well as Aaron Voros.

In this scenario, though, Lauri Korpikoski and Petr Prucha would be scratches. If that is the case, canít say I see it. Neither player was stellar in Pittsburgh, but no one was.

The full lines:

Markus Naslund-Scott Gomez-Ryan Callahan
Nigel Dawes-Chris Drury-Dan Fritsche
Aaron Voros-Brandon Dubinsky-Nikolai Zherdev
Fredrik Sjostrom-Blair Betts-Colton Orr

I dunno if I like this call.... I would have liked to see how the previous set of lines could bounce back against Anaheim.

Thoughts?

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:24 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

If he takes Prucha out hes a moron. Points in 5 of the 9 straight games Renney let him play in.

I guess hes got to score every single game to stay in the lineup.

Nice if the same was to be said for guys like Gomez, Naslund and Drury (though hes been great lately)

I guess Renney is scared of the size of Anaheim and thats why Voros is in... Oh ok, so thats why hell take one of the bigger players in Korpikoski... makes all the sense in the world.

Lets put Fritsche on the second line because hes deserved it watching from the press box for 2 months.

How about really moving everything around to get some players going?

Dawes - Drury - Zherdev
Naslund - Dubinsky - Prucha
Sjostrom - Gomez - Callahan
Fritsche - Betts - Korpikoski

Voros offers nothing. Give Orr a rest, yeah even if its Anahiem. **** it.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-19-2009 at 02:33 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
If he takes Prucha out hes a moron. Points in 5 of the 9 straight games Renney let him play in.

Nice if the same was to be said for guys like Gomez, Naslund and Drury (though hes been great lately)

I guess Renney is scared of the size of Anaheim and thats why Voros is in... Oh ok, so thats why hell take one of the bigger players in Korpikoski... makes all the sense in the world.

Lets put Fritsche on the second line because hes deserved it watching from the press box for 2 months.

How about really moving everything around to get some players going?

Dawes - Drury - Zherdev
Naslund - Dubinsky - Prucha
Sjostrom - Gomez - Callahan
Fritsche - Betts - Korpikoski

Voros offers nothing. Give Orr a rest, yeah even if its Anahiem. **** it.
I used to get defensive and think like this until these last few games. IMO its not about production, Prucha's game has not been the same. He's not as intense, and it seems like he had gotten comfortable. The Prucha in the NYI game, and latest PIT game are completely two different players.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I used to get defensive and think like this until these last few games. IMO its not about production, Prucha's game has not been the same. He's not as intense, and it seems like he had gotten comfortable. The Prucha in the NYI game, and latest PIT game are completely two different players.
I'll agree, but was ANYONE intense for the Pitt game?? They all played like ****, especially the forwards.

Plus, the Rangers have a WEEK off after Anaheim. That lineup went out and had a pretty good roadtrip going 3-1-1.

I would let them ride out this last game and assess or keep the same guys in and mix it up.

Maybe Renney is thinking that and just wanted to tweak practice to open some players eyes.

Old
01-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:

except that his play has tailed off significantly in the last few games, and he was absolutely garbage in Pittsburgh (to a higher degree than all the other players who were also garbage).

you can question Renney benching him, but the only good hockey he's played in a long time came after that extended benching.

Quote:
6'1", 195

Quote:
that was true for Prucha according to many people here.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
except that his play has tailed off significantly in the last few games, and he was absolutely garbage in Pittsburgh (to a higher degree than all the other players who were also garbage).

you can question Renney benching him, but the only good hockey he's played in a long time came after that extended benching.

6'1", 195

that was true for Prucha according to many people here.
Ok you have a lot to respond to...

any ideas of your own?

And 6'1 195 is a giant compared to most of the midgets on this team up front.

Old
01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Ok you have a lot to respond to...

any ideas of your own?
ideas? not really. if it were my decision, I would probably leave the lineup the same. however, thinking of Prucha and Korpikoski (12 points combined) as untouchable is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Old
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
ideas? not really. if it were my decision, I would probably leave the lineup the same. however, thinking of Prucha and Korpikoski (12 points combined) as untouchable is a bit ridiculous IMO.
Never said they were untouchable.

Just better than Fritsche and Voros at this juncture. One more game going into the break, then a week off.

I'd ice the same lineup.

Old
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
jniklast

don't really undertsand this, korpikoski's assist in the chicago game was sick, and prucha didn't look bad in his games.
of course they both showed nothing against pitts, but who did?

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Never said they were untouchable.

Just better than Fritsche and Voros at this juncture. One more game going into the break, then a week off.

I'd ice the same lineup.
"If he takes Prucha out hes a moron."

if you weren't saying untouchable, then whatever you were saying, I'm disagreeing with.

Old
01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
i'm with you. I love how our strategy to fix our problem of not being able to score is to masterfully shuffle 3rd/4th/fringe NHL'ers in and out of the lineup.

I know fans get retarded with the amount of trades they hope/ask for, but in our case right now, we really do need to make a move. I only have faith in Zherdev, and we have guys playing well above their means/capabilities.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I don't have a Prucha and Korps getting a night off, but I do have a problem with it happening before Sjostom and Orr get a night off, especially for Voros and Fritsche.

Just keep the rotation going Tom. It's a joke that someone who isn't injured hasn't played since Thanksgiving when you consider some of the sorry performances that have been mailed in over that time.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Larry Melnyk

I got a novel idea, why not sit the guy that has scored 2 goals in his LAST 65 games and is probably the worst point per minute guy in the league?

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Renney knows that Prucha and Korpikoski are the easiest fall guys to have his way with the lineup. He doesn't have the balls to sit the veterans who are showing nothing lately (gomez, naslund). I'd bench Nassy for a game to open his eyes.

But it's awful that he's singling out two players after that Pitt game. He should just scratch everyone.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Renney knows that Prucha and Korpikoski are the easiest fall guys to have his way with the lineup. He doesn't have the balls to sit the veterans who are showing nothing lately (gomez, naslund). I'd bench Nassy for a game to open his eyes.

But it's awful that he's singling out two players after that Pitt game. He should just scratch everyone.
Exactly, which is part of my point.

Old
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Sigh. Korpikoski?

Fire. Renney.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
rangers4ever2007

terrible.

prucha should ask to be traded and even worse, why does renney always put fritsche out of position? he's a C

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Rust Heisenberg

i dont think korpikowski or prucha is going down. i think itll be betts and sjostrom. korpedo has been playing good of late and so has prucha. a shake up? betts hasnt been anything spectacular and neither has sjostrom who has done ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. All he's good for it the shootout and he wasnt even used last time. I think Fritshche will be tried on center and Voros as the left winger to add some toughness after the weakness the rangers players showed agaisnt pitt. if he takes away prucha and korpikowski ill be pissed. i think sjostrom and betts are the next to get scratched tho... atleast im hoping.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=588112&page=3

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Renney's handling of Prucha is just hilarious.

If he wants to get Voros and Fritsche in the lineup why doesn't he take out Naslund or Gomez or Betts or Sjostrom or Orr?

Prucha and Korps will always be the first men out because they are the youngest and easiest for Renney to push around. If you think these two guys are getting sent to the press box specifically for performance reasons than you are out of your mind.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Well, that didn't take long (if indeed it's true). He goes from praising a line a couple of days ago, to messing with it today.

"Meanwhile, Renney had some nice comments on center Brandon Dubinsky, who has two goals in his last three games and seems to have fully clicked with Lauri Korpikoski and Nikolai Zherdev.

"I see a bit more of a jump in his step," Renney said. "I actually see him even making plays, willing to give it up more and going and getting it back, which is a good thing.

Renney agreed that the goals flowing again may have liberated Dubinsky.

"Getting pucks behind that Lauri can skate to is valuable," Renney said. "Korpi is one of those guys who has no problem going hard to the net. It's interesting, you've got a playmaker and a puckhandlerr on one side in Z, a north-south guy in Kopri. It might blend nicely together if we can leave them together for a bit."

http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/...ping.html#more

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Hold on so does Tom Renney believe the offense runs through these two players? Petr Prucha and rookie Lauri Korpikoski. Right. How about we sit Scott Gomez and Wade Redden? Sometimes I just dont get it.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Hold on so does Tom Renney believe the offense runs through these two players? Petr Prucha and rookie Lauri Korpikoski. Right.
what are you saying? if the offense did run through them it would make more sense to bench them?

Old
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Horrible decision.

Guaranteed loss on Tuesday.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
don't really undertsand this, korpikoski's assist in the chicago game was sick, and prucha didn't look bad in his games.
of course they both showed nothing against pitts, but who did?
oh man this would suck if so

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote