HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redden's play as of late...

Old
01-19-2009, 01:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Pretty sure that theres a bit more to it than just his undressing at the hands of Cindy.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Pretty sure that theres a bit more to it than just his undressing at the hands of Cindy.
Not lately. Other than people who ***** and moan about the guy not putting up tons of points, there really has been little to nothing to complain about with his play.

He's been one of our best players for the last month or so.

Sorry that you can't see it while most others can.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Not lately. Other than people who ***** and moan about the guy not putting up tons of points, there really has been little to nothing to complain about with his play.

He's been one of our best players for the last month or so.

Sorry that you can't see it while most others can.
In the past month he is a -3 with 2 assists. How has he been one of our best players? No one seems to want to actually clarify this. He's a third-pairing defenseman. He's slow, he still gets beaten a few times a game (and I'm not just talking about Crosby). You can say he's doing a better job defensively, but like I've said before, all he is doing is the same things that are expected of ANY NHL defenseman. Paul Mara has been significantly better than him all season. There is nothing that he excels at, and there is nothing that he is doing for this team that most regular, everyday NHL defensemen couldn't do, for far less money.

Meanwhile, he doesn't do anything to help the offense or the PP.

To me, you're basically saying that a third-pairing defenseman has been one of our best players the last month. You may not be wrong, but that's simply a reminder of how inconsistent this team is.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote