HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets hope Kovalev is for real.Or we got other possible solutions?

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2004, 10:50 PM
ifesfor*

vCash: 500
Lets hope Kovalev is for real.Or we got other possible solutions?

I hope that kovalev will sign with the habs BUT also hope he can be a constant producer without having lemieux on his side.Notice his only 3 seasons he got over a points per game,he was playing with lemieux.Because WITHOUT lemieux, hes just your consistant max 25 goal 50-60 points per year guy.

BUT!He show great stuff with Koivu in the playoff.And i just hope,if he can sign with the Habs, he will produce at the same level he did in last year playoff.

I want him in montreal,but if we got to pay 4-5 millions oer year who will get 50 points per season, it just doesnt worth it.I HOPE BG will stick to his 2 year offer.

Because for 5 million per year, we could potential get:

-Brett Hull for around 3 million per year, who will produce the same numbers.And i still beleive he can get 30+ goals in the nhl again.2 year deal for Hull.Add to this Temmu Selanne( ok i hear the flaming here) but give him a 2 year at 2 million per year.MAYBE he can have a point increase with Koivu.

-Pavol Dimetra:Hell at 5 millions per year i want this guy over Kovalev.Hes only 29.And get a points per game.

Tell me what you think, but i would choose HULL+Selanne over kovalev.

Old
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
not quite yoda

Kovalev's best season was achieved on a line with Straka and Lang. So that kinda deflates the whole Lemieux theory.

Also don't forget that nothing guarantees that Selanne and Hull would want to come play here. We all know that Hull could have once but went to Detroit instead. Getting into a bidding war for a 40 year old with PGH, PNX and DAL hardly seems worth it. Especially if he has a year off from Hockey next year. As for SElanne... well... who knows where he wants to go. For all we know, he may want to follow his buddy Paullie to wherever he goes...

Last edited by not quite yoda: 08-04-2004 at 11:26 PM.
Old
08-04-2004, 11:28 PM
ifesfor*

I will post a pool!Watch this!

Old
08-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
-Brett Hull for around 3 million per year, who will produce the same numbers.And i still beleive he can get 30+ goals in the nhl again.2 year deal for Hull.Add to this Temmu Selanne( ok i hear the flaming here) but give him a 2 year at 2 million per year.MAYBE he can have a point increase with Koivu.
I would hope we could get these two instead, although it'll never happen. Hull has a much better shot then Kovalev, and Selanne will always be a better player then Kovalev (Don't call on Selanne's poor performance last year cuz kovalev had a horendous season as well). With motivation and a good linesmate Selanne could be real good for the habs. But like I said it'll never happen. I don't think you could get Hull for 3 mill, but it's a possibility.

Old
08-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I would hope we could get these two instead, although it'll never happen. Hull has a much better shot then Kovalev, and Selanne will always be a better player then Kovalev (Don't call on Selanne's poor performance last year cuz kovalev had a horendous season as well). With motivation and a good linesmate Selanne could be real good for the habs. But like I said it'll never happen. I don't think you could get Hull for 3 mill, but it's a possibility.
Explain why the Wings don't want Hull and the Avs don't want Selanne. It isn't just money.

Old
08-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Lafleur Fan

I highly doubt that Hull or Selanne would sign with the Habs...it would be great if they did, but it's unlikely. Not sure on Dimetra...

I'm confident that Kovalev would play well for Montreal if he gets signed, as long as he's with Koivu (and why wouldn't he be?). Koivu's great at setting up plays, and Kovalev's good at placing the puck in the net; it's a formula that works.

Old
08-05-2004, 07:54 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur Fan
I highly doubt that Hull or Selanne would sign with the Habs...it would be great if they did, but it's unlikely. Not sure on Dimetra...

I'm confident that Kovalev would play well for Montreal if he gets signed, as long as he's with Koivu (and why wouldn't he be?). Koivu's great at setting up plays, and Kovalev's good at placing the puck in the net; it's a formula that works.
Demitra wont play in Canada.

Hull could sign, but is old.

Selanne, would likely sign to play with Koivu.

Old
08-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Explain why the Wings don't want Hull and the Avs don't want Selanne. It isn't just money.
Last time I checked the Avs didn't want to resign Selanne, and Hull is a UFA. When I said that we couldn't get him for 3 mill, I meant that someone would up our offer. If we'd want 1 good season, sign him. If we think about our clubs future, put a prospect on the top line (or ryder), and forget signing UFAs alltogether.

Old
08-06-2004, 01:21 AM
rudethedude66

short and sweet.........kovalev has twice the talent than all the others put together...he jus needs some heart to go with it.!

Old
08-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Last time I checked the Avs didn't want to resign Selanne, and Hull is a UFA. When I said that we couldn't get him for 3 mill, I meant that someone would up our offer. If we'd want 1 good season, sign him. If we think about our clubs future, put a prospect on the top line (or ryder), and forget signing UFAs alltogether.
I agree with the Prospects idea as a second solution if Kovalev decides to sign elsewhere.

There are many prospects in our farm, and I would think one could turn out fine, or Ryder could step it up, and become a top line player... There are many possibilities from within the organization to just sign anyone, and hope they fit.

Kovalev I support fully, he's a great player, and a very good fit in the dressing room (Markov beamed ear to ear first day Kovalev was in Montreal, furthermore, he'd be a great teacher for Kostytsin and Perezhogin for when they come through the ranks.. Kovalev is a World class player, and he would bring us in to the next era, while some of the young ones find their groove. IMO retaining Kovalev, and adding Bonk, and a new successful rookie (IMO Hossa) in to the line up could turn the habs in to a very strong team. I think we're going to see a very different Canadiens team next year, one that we haven't seen in a while.

Closed Thread