Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 44: @ Tampa Bay, 1/19

Old
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Fly Like a C5

vCash: 500
The Stars played very poorly tonight, but I think that much of the blame belongs to Tippett. The powerplay was terrible. It's been terrible all season. Too much passing, not enough shooting and not enough people in front of the net. Tippett has to do something to get the PP going.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:04 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 0
And how about Neal being sent to linemate Siberia?

Great move, that'll teach him. Just try to get anything done!

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

I think I finally might join the fire Tip campaign. I have had enough of this

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:06 PM
aisforaaron83

No NHL points should be allowed to be awarded for that disgusting excuse for an NHL game that I just wasted my time watching. I watch multiple games a night and that was the worst game I have seen all year. Absolutely disgusting. congrats to Tampa for earning the top of the **** pile on that one. once again, disgusting. wow.

aisforaaron83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
On Prospal's empty netter that is a advantage of being a left shot playing the right side otherwise if he was a right shot I doubt he scores.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
On Prospal's empty netter that is a advantage of being a left shot playing the right side otherwise if he was a right shot I doubt he scores.
It's Dallas, of course he scores.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

UGHHHHHHHH.

Hate games like this.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Players only meeting happened apparently. Does it really matter?

Old
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Players only meeting happened apparently.
Only for the 20th time this season. Good to know.

Old
01-19-2009, 09:17 PM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Turco is so much slower getting up this season then in past years.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is the start of the decline for Turco, it's getting worse as the season has went on. Noticed it from the first game of the season on.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Maybe one of the players got a hold of a Power Play instructional video. With easy to understand concepts.

They wheeled in a VHS player and told Tippett they were going to have an intense meeting so as not to hurt his feelings.

Old
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Turco is so much slower getting up this season then in past years.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is the start of the decline for Turco, it's getting worse as the season has went on. Noticed it from the first game of the season on.
It doesn't help he has only had 3, count 'em, 3 games off.

Tippett is losing it. His lines are constantly chaning, forcing pairing like Modano and Richards, then totally disregarding players like Neal and previously Brunnstrom. However, I'm afraid to jump on the bandwagon to fire him because I don't see anyone out there to take his place. Something has to be done however.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Well let's see what bad ideas reemerged tonight.

Modano on the wing? Check.

Modano on the point on the power play? Yes.

Sydor on the power play? Obviously.

Sydor yet again getting more ice time than Hutchinson? 17:40 to 13:09 for those of you counting at home.

Turco starting yet again. In game 41 out of 44 total, Marty with the amazing .842 save percentage. Kritter, you ready to tell me yet again it's all on the defense? Cause I got to say Dallas' defense is better than Tampa's and Mike Smith was the much better goaltender.

Abysmal effort, poor execution, and boneheaded coaching equals ugly loss. Anyone see anything different for the future or will this only improve if some players get moved or the coaching staff fired?

Brenden Morrow alone makes this team a winner? I don't think so. Unlike many others I don't want them to buy at the deadline, rather I'd prefer they sell and please god find a good puck moving defenseman this off season by free agency or trade.

Oh and Daryl Sydor should never suit up in a NHL uniform again.

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Daryl Sydor should never suit up in a NHL uniform again.
All you had to say to make me happy.

Old
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
HF - I saw three goals in this game, all Tampa in the third period. The defense was at fault on the second (honest to god, guys, why can't they cover anyone in the slot? I just don't understand). The third looked like he had a clean view of it, and he probably should have stopped it, but it was also a wicked shot from Lecavalier. The fourth was an empty net. IIRC from what I read, the first was a shorthanded breakaway which again, goes to defensive breakdowns.

So of four goals, Turco should have stopped one. I'd say that means the defense remains the majority of the problem.

I did not see much of Smith cause I couldn't watch closely. I would not be surprised if the Tampa defense was worse and he was better than Turco. And again, I don't think all that highly of Turco. I just think the Stars defense is much, much worse.

The goal I got the best look at was the empty netter, where Sydor both abandoned any pressure where he could have forced a turnover or at least kept the Lightning from advancing with an odd-man, didn't communicate with his partner and didn't give up his body or even really try to block the shot. His half-hearted swipe tipped the puck right into the net.

And really, why is Sydor out in the last minute when they need a goal?

The only thing we really disagree about, HF, is if Turco or the defense is the root of the problem and the deadline strategy (I think they should stand pat unless a great offer either way comes along, not be an active buyer or seller).

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Sony Eriksson*

I love Brett Hull but he should be canned assuming he is the one who brought Sydor back here.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:22 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I did not see much of Smith cause I couldn't watch closely. I would not be surprised if the Tampa defense was worse and he was better than Turco. And again, I don't think all that highly of Turco. I just think the Stars defense is much, much worse.
Kritter, you (lovingly) annoy the heck out of me when you do that.

If you didn't see that aspect of the game, don't comment. Smith mishandled the puck over half the time he touched it. His defense was bailing him out left and right. I love Smith, but he looked shaky out there. Playing against the Stars was obviously tough for him.

You did the same thing with Tobias Stephan and the Nashville game. Stephan was a beast in that game. You didn't watch it, yet you used (in the past) that game as an example of why Stephan shouldn't play. How is that the team’s play forgives Turco but not Stephan?

Finally, who care who is at fault? Unless it is a rookie, no one is held accountable for their mistakes. Nothing changes as the Stars just wait for the team to miraculously start playing well together. Unless the coach or front office does something, this team will fluctuate between good and unbelievably bad. That could still get them in the playoffs, but I’d like to see something other than status quo.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
I care who is at fault. *g*

And I didn't comment specifically on Smith. Just said I wouldn't be surprised if he was better than Turco. People confuse my ragging on the defense with a love of Turco. I can take or leave Turco, just like I can take or leave Stephan. I just loathe the defense right now and believe significant changes need to be made back there if this team is to succeed in the future, not just this season. If people are going to harp on the goalies every game, I figure I can harp on the defense too.

And, again, I don't have a problem with Stephan playing. I just think using the logic "Stephan is a better option at goalie than Turco, therefore he should play" is incredibly faulty. I don't think the coaching staff trusts him, however. Whether that's good, bad or indifferent is up to you. But I think it's pretty clear at this point that they don't see Stephan as someone they can turn to in a pinch.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote