HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Paperbag Over Your Head edition. Devils @ Preds

Old
01-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I thought the team tried, I just think there are so many problems with this team right now that regardless of effort, we look bad.

Our powerplay is dysfunctional. Koistinen ALWAYS looks bad. Rolling out guys like Tootoo and Fiddler ruins our chances of having an effective scoring line (last night was example 801 of Trotz trying this and failing). Sure Fiddler and Tootoo may come out of the game looking good, but their linemates are unable to get anything done with them.....I wonder why? And lets not lie to ourselves, our team is in a massive mental slump. We can't get over the barrier, and Trotz doesn't know what to do right now. I think he has tried just about everything he knows, and it has failed. Sully was managements hope to revitalize the season. Unfortunately, their pre-mature banishment of Hornqvist/Jones for a month and half set us irrevocably behind in the conference standings and mentally.

01-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I thought the team tried, I just think there are so many problems with this team right now that regardless of effort, we look bad.

Our powerplay is dysfunctional. Koistinen ALWAYS looks bad. Rolling out guys like Tootoo and Fiddler ruins our chances of having an effective scoring line (last night was example 801 of Trotz trying this and failing). Sure Fiddler and Tootoo may come out of the game looking good, but their linemates are unable to get anything done with them.....I wonder why? And lets not lie to ourselves, our team is in a massive mental slump. We can't get over the barrier, and Trotz doesn't know what to do right now. I think he has tried just about everything he knows, and it has failed. Sully was managements hope to revitalize the season. Unfortunately, their pre-mature banishment of Hornqvist/Jones for a month and half set us irrevocably behind in the conference standings and mentally.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:43 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I've watched the preds lose and the seasons where there was little chance of making the playoffs, but this is the laziest team I've seen to date. It almost looks to me like they're pissed at Trotz and not even trying. Maybe I'm wrong. Flame away.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

what's with the whole team catching eratitis and skating the puck into the zone cleanly, passing up any chance to get a shot on goal or drive the net...and instead preferring to whirl into the corner, cough the puck up\go into an endless futile cycling\send it right into heavily defended traffic, and watch the play return to our end? And why was the only one who would drive the net sent back to the minors?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM
predhead1

I believe that the team's play over the past few weeks/months is the strongest evidence yet that they no longer buy into Trotz' system and a change needs to be made. It's pretty damn clear that we can't do a whole hell of a lot regarding changes in the lineup, so that leaves one move that can be made - a new coach. Maybe this isn't entirely Trotz' fault, but something needs to be done soon, otherwise we should just go ahead and stake our claim for Tavares

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
I believe that the team's play over the past few weeks/months is the strongest evidence yet that they no longer buy into Trotz' system and a change needs to be made.
My thoughts exactly

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote