HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Palffy

Old
01-19-2009, 01:09 PM
oilerspoiler

vCash: 500
Palffy

Sorry if I put the wrong prefix on my last post. Im curious if anyone has heard any word on a possible return to the NHL by Palffy? If he does return does anyone hold his rights or can he sign with anyone?

oilerspoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
RottenScoundrel

He retired from the NHL with two years remaining on his contract. Pittsburgh retains his rights -- I believe.

RottenScoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
4rde

If your friend's source is even abit legit, i guess knowing that you could play along Crosby or Malkin is not making his decision any worse.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

I love answering this question, it seems to pop up every couple of weeks.

He is playing for his hometown team in Slovakia, and has no interest (none) in returning to the NHL, citing the physical toll on his body.

I believe the Pens still own his rights, but I'm not sure.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Mike The Franchise

It would be sick if he came back to the Kings

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
oilerspoiler

Sorry I didn't realize this gets talked about that often, I dont usually stray from the Oilers board that often. My friend works for a newspaper in Michigan but not one of the biggies, so im not sure how reliable his info is. Just thought I would put it out to see if anybody had any details on him. It would be nuts if Jagr and Palffy both returned to the Pens this season for a playoff run though.

Old
01-19-2009, 06:21 PM
shadow1

He's done. Their was a rumor last year (by Lyle Richardson) that he might be coming back, but it never materialized.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerspoiler View Post
Sorry I didn't realize this gets talked about that often, I dont usually stray from the Oilers board that often. My friend works for a newspaper in Michigan but not one of the biggies, so im not sure how reliable his info is. Just thought I would put it out to see if anybody had any details on him. It would be nuts if Jagr and Palffy both returned to the Pens this season for a playoff run though.
No sorry needed. I didn't mean to snap at you.

He's playing for HK 36 Skalica in Slovakia and ripping it up, at last report. But no, he has no interest in coming back.

Anything else, dont hesitate to ask.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 06:42 PM
oilerspoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
No sorry needed. I didn't mean to snap at you.

He's playing for HK 36 Skalica in Slovakia and ripping it up, at last report. But no, he has no interest in coming back.

Anything else, dont hesitate to ask.
Cool thanks. I got worried for a sec that I was going to be that guy on the board that people can't stand lol.

Old
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist View Post
It would be sick if he came back to the Kings

Dream come true straight up, palffy with frolov again ... OMG haha

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
It would be nuts if Jagr and Palffy both returned to the Pens this season for a playoff run though.
Columbus snatched up Wade Dubielewicz on waivers this week, after the Islanders tried to bring him back from the KHL. Jagr in particular would be subject to the same process. I imagine somebody would place a claim on Jagr.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Kings would jump at the chance of picking him up again, but his rights are still owned by the Pens.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:24 AM
johnniewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Columbus snatched up Wade Dubielewicz on waivers this week, after the Islanders tried to bring him back from the KHL. Jagr in particular would be subject to the same process. I imagine somebody would place a claim on Jagr.
Dubielewicz and Jagr were both subject to waivers on re-entry because they had played games in a professional league other than the NHL after the start of the NHL regular season and were not under contract with an NHL team.

Palffy retired in 2005-06, and his contract with Pittsburgh extended until 2007-08, which has come and gone. I'm not sure if Pittsburgh still retains his rights or not, since he did retire before the completion of his contract but the contract has also run its course.

If the contract is considered to be over and done, then he would be subject to waivers if he did return.

johnniewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:37 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

I would give anything to see him back in the NHL. Even at his age, I think he'd still be a ppg player. His stats over there are sick.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Cool thanks. I got worried for a sec that I was going to be that guy on the board that people can't stand lol.
you gotta do more then ask a pallfy question for that honour!!

start a crosby to edmonton rumour that you heard from one of your neighbours who still speaks to sather who mentioned he just got off the phone to shero where he'd offerred yet another package that included prucha but was told to hang tight 'cuz mctavish is offering nillson and may be ready to include grebeshkov or shremp.....

ahhh who am i kidding. even then you wouldn't be "that guy"!!!

Benji Frank is offline   Reply With Quote