HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fritshce/Voros potentially in for Prucha/Korpedo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2009, 12:58 PM
  #51
MikeyLikesHockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
But why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Regardless who's in and who's out, this team can't score 3 goals in a game to save their lives, time for another frustrating night at the Garden.
But why kick out two guys who have been scoring, when the whole team didn't score.

Bench the worst two players you saw that night, not the two guys you consider extras.

Who was the worst two forwards in the Pitt game....those two guys should sit.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:06 PM
  #52
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
But why kick out two guys who have been scoring, when the whole team didn't score.
Prucha has one point in his last 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
Who was the worst two forwards in the Pitt game....those two guys should sit.
Prucha was definetly one of them.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:25 PM
  #53
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
But why kick out two guys who have been scoring, when the whole team didn't score.

Bench the worst two players you saw that night, not the two guys you consider extras.

Who was the worst two forwards in the Pitt game....those two guys should sit.
No I agree Renney should stick with what's been working on the road trip. They played terribly Sunday because they played an emotional heart filled game vs Chicago with their dads there add on top of that all the 5 on 3's which got killed by our key guys like Gomez, Drury, Callahan, etc. Come Sunday the team was worn out and burnt out. Regardless of what Renney does by subbing guys in and out it won't equate to much because the team can't score period. Voros is a waste of space and Fritsche by some who I talked to feel he should be the 4th line center next year replacing Betts. I said it my last post, tonight's gonna be a frustrating night add in the fact if we fail on some early power plays people will be chanting Shanny because we could have still used him.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
  #54
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
No I agree Renney should stick with what's been working on the road trip. They played terribly Sunday because they played an emotional heart filled game vs Chicago with their dads there add on top of that all the 5 on 3's which got killed by our key guys like Gomez, Drury, Callahan, etc. Come Sunday the team was worn out and burnt out. Regardless of what Renney does by subbing guys in and out it won't equate to much because the team can't score period. Voros is a waste of space and Fritsche by some who I talked to feel he should be the 4th line center next year replacing Betts. I said it my last post, tonight's gonna be a frustrating night add in the fact if we fail on some early power plays people will be chanting Shanny because we could have still used him.
This team is .500 in January and has barely been .500 since November 1st...So, I really don't know how much things have been "working"...

Voros is a waste of space but the guy that has two goals in 65 games isn't?

All of the 3rd/4th liners and black aces--Orr, Sjostrom, Fritsche, Voros, Korpikoski,Prucha have their significant faults and some postives, nothing wrong with using and sitting them all to get the maximum from the bottom of the line-up..The top of the line-up is another story.!

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
  #55
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
has Prucha been a liability out there? Has he played well positionally defense? He was out there against top lines on many occasions and he wasn't the reason they scored (I think he was scored upon a couple times - once, I believe, was a horrific pass up the middle by Dawes as he was skating and the other was when he was in the offensive zone, and rightfully so). So, if he doesn't score for a couple games, is that a good enough reason for taking him out? Is that the only measure for this guy? To be honest, I think that's quite ridiculous. He's expected to get 30 goals in a season while playing around 12 minutes per night and taking a PP shift here and there. Again, that's a joke. There are three lines that aren't working. Drury/Dawes/Prucha never had chemistry. They did well for two games because Prucha seemed to be really on and the other two fed off it, but that only lasts for a few games. Move Prucha around before taking him out, especially considering not one line appears to be set or doing overwhelmingly well. Switch Prucha and Korps (heck, Korps is a right winger and Prucha's a left winger, any event, see how they do in their natural, most comfortable positions - see how Prucha does with a bigger body (and he's played well with Dubi in the past). See how Drury and Dawes do with a bigger, faster body. Why not? The lines are getting switched around if you bring in new blood, so why not just try to switch the lines around?
I don't think Pruchas expectations are to get 30 goals...(I dont think he will sniff 20 goals again in this league let alone 30) I think the truth is Prucha is a bit player and when he isn't creating scoring chances or scoring on his opportunities he is useless to the team. This isn't a Renney problem, this is Pruchas problem. This is a results league...nothing more....

I have no problem switching Prucha with Korps but I can see why Renney wants to make the lineup chance.....If it were me I'd probably keep Korps in the lineup and take Sjostrom (who sucks) out of the lineup...


My problem with Prucha is he just isn't the same player he was THREE SEASONS ago....It's not Renney that did that to him....It's Prucha who did it to himself...Prucha has turned into a cheap excuse to knock Renney......To me it's garbage...It's complaining for the sake of complaining.....People should look at Pruchas stats and ask themselves "what does this player bring to the lineup? Effort? on some nights but all things being equal wouldn't you want a larger body to give you the same effort if both players aren't scoring?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
  #56
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
How is this team ever suppose to find any chemistry? I just don't under that. It feels like its still October the way Renney changes the lineup every game or two.

Jeeze we lose one game after winning 3 in a row and he throws everything that was working well for a bit away? Because of one game?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
  #57
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
How is this team ever suppose to find any chemistry? I just don't under that. It feels like its still October the way Renney changes the lineup every game or two.

Jeeze we lose one game after winning 3 in a row and he throws everything that was working well for a bit away? Because of one game?
In all honesty, very little has been working since November..

But you have a point about the chemistry..Most teams have no problems rotating 4th liners and last pair D-men to keep everybody fresh, to keep the the entire team involved, to sit unproductive players and to optimize matchups.This probably helps chemistry....IMO, Renney fails at this with his love of certain unproductive 4th line wingers and not utilizing the strenghts of his role players..but his is minor

However, as you pointed out, when these changes constantly affect the top 3 lines, you are messing with your chemisty and individual/team production..A big reason why the Rangers are nothing more then a .500 team..OTOH, you can't get blood from a stone and our roster is very limited and redundant..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
  #58
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
How is this team ever suppose to find any chemistry? I just don't under that. It feels like its still October the way Renney changes the lineup every game or two.

Jeeze we lose one game after winning 3 in a row and he throws everything that was working well for a bit away? Because of one game?
wait....did Renney change all the lineups....did he change the defense pairs?

nope...he didn't........

look at the roster...now look at the record.....doesnt' renney deserve our praise instead of these daily attacks?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:05 PM
  #59
nyrfan519
Registered User
 
nyrfan519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
I think Orr should occasionally be benched, not Prucha or Korpikoski. There's no need for Orr to play every game.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
  #60
LetsGoBlueshirts
Registered User
 
LetsGoBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Joisey
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
I think Orr should occasionally be benched, not Prucha or Korpikoski. There's no need for Orr to play every game.
Agreed, I'm an Orr fan but do we need him night in, night out?

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
  #61
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
It won't matter who's in or out of the line-up. This team plays inconsistant hockey night in night out, with zero accountability or blame. Changing 3/4th liners around will not solve the scoring drought of the top players, bad D, limited fore-check, floating back-check or whatever poorly constructed combo's or system Tom molds together. A real change is needed, and sitting Prucha and Korpedo will not solve it.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:20 PM
  #62
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
It won't matter who's in or out of the line-up. This team plays inconsistant hockey night in night out, with zero accountability or blame. Changing 3/4th liners around will not solve the scoring drought of the top players, bad D, limited fore-check, floating back-check or whatever poorly constructed combo's or system Tom molds together. A real change is needed, and sitting Prucha and Korpedo will not solve it.
Bingo!

But that doesn't mean you have to change your avatar man, cmon...





HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
  #63
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I hate this team. Prucha has been one of the best players in the past few games. EVERY Ranger with the exception of Lundqvist was bad in the game against the Pittsburgh.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
  #64
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
wait....did Renney change all the lineups....did he change the defense pairs?

nope...he didn't........

look at the roster...now look at the record.....doesnt' renney deserve our praise instead of these daily attacks?
Defense isn't our problem. And yes, he changed 2 out of the 3 offensive lines we have.

Do you have an argument in there at all? Or just the standings argument? In which I could easily have said, put an average goalie in net the first 2 months and we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

Did we not see how awesome the team played when Lundqvist wasn't playing his best hockey in December?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:03 PM
  #65
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Just bench Gomez already.... it probably will never happen though

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:23 PM
  #66
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,935
vCash: 500
Does renney really think Voros will win him a game?

Last time i checked, it was the speedy, hard-checking Finn who set up a go-ahead goal in the 3rd period against one of the NHl's best teams.

I am so sick of this.

Voros better score tonight.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
  #67
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Defense isn't our problem. And yes, he changed 2 out of the 3 offensive lines we have.

Do you have an argument in there at all? Or just the standings argument? In which I could easily have said, put an average goalie in net the first 2 months and we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

Did we not see how awesome the team played when Lundqvist wasn't playing his best hockey in December?
JUST the standings argument huh? Sorry, but in my mind, thats the argument that trumps all. Its certainly better than your argument that we'd be terrible without Lundqvist considering Lundqvist IS on this team.

An all-world goaltender and a pretty good defense corp is the strength of this team. Even with that, its amazing this team is where it is since we have 12 forwards that couldnt put the puck in the ocean.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
  #68
GeorgeHamiltonsTan
Registered User
 
GeorgeHamiltonsTan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
look at the roster...now look at the record.....doesnt' renney deserve our praise instead of these daily attacks?[/QUOTE]


BINGO!
sather should be hung from the rafters for hamstringing this organization for the foreseeable future. It doesnt really matter what puppet u stick behind the bench...ya cant polish a tird.

as for pearn or whoever is actually responsible for the pp, there really is no excuse even the lower tier teams in the league can manage to gain the zone and set up at least once in a full 2 minute power play. there really is no excuse for it.

prucha/voros/fritsche it just doesnt matter tonight will be a display of why this insanely small team has no business playing with the big boys...should be a long night at msg, cant wait for another ****** train ride home.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
  #69
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
I hate this team. Prucha has been one of the best players in the past few games. EVERY Ranger with the exception of Lundqvist was bad in the game against the Pittsburgh.
I know, its pathetic.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:15 PM
  #70
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,602
vCash: 659
Quote:
Do you have an argument in there at all? In which I could easily have said, put an average goalie in net the first 2 months and we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

Did we not see how awesome the team played when Lundqvist wasn't playing his best hockey in December?
so coaches of teams with good goalies deserve no credit? ok.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
  #71
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
so coaches of teams with good goalies deserve no credit? ok.
Theres a difference between a good goalie, and a goalie playing damn near god-like. Henrik Lundqvist was playing way over...WAY over the level of any other goalie in the league during the beginning of the season. He was erasing sometimes 20+ high quality scoring chances a night. Weve been playing like crap nearly the entire season, its only recently, the pittsburgh game nonwithstanding, that weve started to play good.

Renney deserves some credit for the past 8ish games or so, but everything before that was just 1 player playing way over any sane playing ability.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
  #72
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
This little nugget came from Sam's blog:

"Renney said the move was more a match-up decision against the bigger, physical Ducks. Although Prucha hadn’t been told as much by Renney, we passed along what the coach told the media after the morning skate.

“You know more than me,” an amused Prucha said. “Aaron is a bigger, stronger guy than me, so he can play more physical. So if coach wants to match up against bigger players, he’s probably a better player than me for that.”"

Does that bug anyone else? Not only does Prucha get the yank, but he has to hear about it from the media?

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
  #73
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
This is becoming utterly ridiculous....Voros was AWFUL out there tonight. 6 PIM!!! You must be kidding me Renney. You continue you to make all the right moves. Prucha has been playing very well, there was absolutely no reason to sit him. And dont give me this crap about the Ducks being bigger; Prucha plays bigger than what he is.

Fritsche wasnt great either, his skating looked very off out there...BUTTTT, you let it slide considering he hasnt played in what 20 something games, maybe more or less I dont know...but the point is, its understandable he wasnt sharp out there.

Trade/waive Voros
Fire Perry

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
  #74
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Prucha is easily amused.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
  #75
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
This little nugget came from Sam's blog:

"Renney said the move was more a match-up decision against the bigger, physical Ducks. Although Prucha hadn’t been told as much by Renney, we passed along what the coach told the media after the morning skate.

“You know more than me,” an amused Prucha said. “Aaron is a bigger, stronger guy than me, so he can play more physical. So if coach wants to match up against bigger players, he’s probably a better player than me for that.”"

Does that bug anyone else? Not only does Prucha get the yank, but he has to hear about it from the media?
I don't think this is the first time that Renney has failed to communicate with Prucha. I think when they were in Prague, Renney was planning on benching Prucha and never really told him why. He wasn't included in the practice lines prior to the games, but then Renney inserted him in the games, probably realizing it would be a dick move for Prucha not to play in his own country.

At least Prucha can handle a benching, unlike the big, bad Voros. From Sam's Blog a few weeks ago: "Aaron Voros, meanwhile, was wearing a white jersey during practice and looked sufficiently annoyed afterward—to the point that Markus Naslund sat down next to him in an apparent effort to try to cheer to him up."

Fritsche has been benched for 20 games, Prucha is constantly being benched, yet they don't complain. I understand Voros wants to play, but when he takes at least 1 momentum-killing penalty per game, he shouldn't mope about being benched.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.