HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Adam Hall on his way back?

Old
01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
McCrosby

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=ryno2292;17442653]I agree on Jeffrey, not bad for a 20 year old first year pro. He's probably impressed me the most out of the WBS call ups. I like what Bissonnette brings to the lineup too but that's comparing apples and oranges.

I agree as well, he has a lot of upside and looks good early. He can kill penelties, can generate offense and could be a great faceoff man in the future

McCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2292 View Post
Two years left on his contract and probably a better option for the money than any free agent you'll find in the offseason for that price.
Agreed. It's a move that makes sense on a lot of levels. He's exactly the type of scoring winger we need to play with Sid, and like you say, his contract for the remainder is very cap-friendly compared to what players of his level are commanding as UFA's right now. The downside is there's really no incentive for Tampa to move him unless they are getting guys like Gogo or Letang, or high draft picks, because they're looking to dump salary and at the same time get equal value back for the trade. Unless Shero proves to be willing to give up some pretty good future pieces, we might prove to be a bad fit to be trading partners.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
No Quarter

I'd rather have Colby back than Hall.

No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
KGpens

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
I'd rather have Colby back than Hall.
That's really not a comparable player though. Colby is an "A" and top 6 forward for the Thrashers...Hall....is not...

KGpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGpens View Post
That's really not a comparable player though. Colby is an "A" and top 6 forward for the Thrashers...Hall....is not...
A Top 6 forward for the Thrashers, and Adam Hall on the Lightning, is effectively the same situation. If you put Colby on 20-25 teams around the league, he's going to be 3rd line material, maybe 2nd line at the very best. Colby can't bring anything to this team that Talbot/Dupuis/Cooke are bringing right now. I'm totally against bringing him back no matter how much of a fan favorite he was.

Neeeeaaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Therrien419 View Post
A Top 6 forward for the Thrashers, and Adam Hall on the Lightning, is effectively the same situation.
No. Atl and TB are more or less in the same position in the standings. Armstrong plays a far more important role than Hall. Hall is playing fourth-line minutes in TB. He's playing the equivalent role of Chris Thorburn, not Colby Armstrong.

Colby plays the equivalent role of what Matt Cooke is doing for us now. And what Dupuis was doing earlier.

In other words, we have no use for either Hall or Armstrong.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Muscles4Malkin
Better 2015-16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
No. Atl and TB are more or less in the same position in the standings. Armstrong plays a far more important role than Hall. Hall is playing fourth-line minutes in TB. He's playing the equivalent role of Chris Thorburn, not Colby Armstrong.

Colby plays the equivalent role of what Matt Cooke is doing for us now. And what Dupuis was doing earlier.

In other words, we have no use for either Hall or Armstrong.
I agree. And I don't want neither of them back. At least now.

Muscles4Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
PenguinGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
It would be nice to have his righty blade as a face off option, even though he is far from money at the dots. Not a great PKer, not very aggressive, slow. but he does fit under the cap, so depending on the deal im all for it.

PenguinGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:32 PM
WVP

If I wasn't so irreplaceable, I'd bet my account on Hall not returning.

Dude got 2 more years on his deal and.....it's Adam Hall.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote