HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

* Los Angeles Kings @ Minnesota Wild - Jan. 20 2009 - 5:00 PM *

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2009, 03:03 PM
KingsRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
* Los Angeles Kings @ Minnesota Wild - Jan. 20 2009 - 5:00 PM *

Havent seen Johnjm around lately, and its getting later in the day, so ill get this goin..

Thanks to the only All-Star on their roster, the Minnesota Wild are looking to head into the All-Star break with plenty of momentum.

Goalie Niklas Backstrom looks to turn in another stellar effort Tuesday night when the Wild try to hand the Los Angeles Kings a fifth straight loss.

Minnesota (23-19-3) is in contention for a third straight playoff berth thanks to Backstrom, who is among the league leaders in all major categories for goaltenders. The All-Star was at his best Monday, in an environment where very few visiting goalies have succeeded.

Backstrom made 40 saves, including several shots from close range as the Wild won 4-1 to hand Chicago just its second regulation loss at the United Center.

"We were just able to play our game and that's huge," Backstrom said. "We got lucky and we got the bounces. Usually, though, to get the bounces you have to work hard."

Defenseman Marek Zidlicky had two power-play goals and an assist while Cal Clutterbuck added an empty-net goal - his third goal in four games. Owen Nolan and Andrew Brunette each had two assists for Minnesota.

The Wild have won four straight home games against the Kings, who have two contests left before the break as they conclude a dismal first half.

After losing three straight times in regulation, Los Angeles (17-20-7) finally earned a point in a 3-2 shootout loss at Dallas on Saturday - the opener of their three-game road trip. Alexander Frolov scored the tying goal with 16.9 seconds left in regulation.

"There is such a thing as a good point," Los Angeles coach Terry Murray said. "We were playing with a little less confidence. We were more assertive and more aggressive."

Dustin Brown also scored for Los Angeles, which has been outscored 15-4 during its four-game losing streak. The Kings managed only 22 shots Saturday - their lowest total of the skid.

"It's a better result," Brown said of salvaging one point. "But I don't think it was the result we wanted."

The Kings have failed to convert on 24 straight power-play opportunities over the last four games. They spent a portion of their practice Monday working on correcting those woes.

"We're getting chances, so I think we should just stay with it," said defenseman Kyle Quincey, who has 14 power-play assists this season. "It's nowhere near time to panic."

Goaltender Erik Ersberg remained winless in four starts since beating Backstrom and Minnesota 3-1 in Los Angeles on Dec. 13. Ersberg made 33 saves in that contest.

"We played with more heart today so that's something to build on," Ersberg said after making 32 saves Saturday.

The Kings got a pair of injured defensemen back Saturday. Drew Doughty (bruised right thigh) returned from a one-game absence and Jack Johnson (shoulder) played for the first time since Oct. 12.

Associated Press

i dont have time to try and add all the other stuff..
were basically worst in the league on offense and like 12 on defense. boom there ya go

and as Jacob always says
KINGS WIN!
GO KINGS GO!!!

Last edited by KingsRule: 01-20-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old
01-20-2009, 03:35 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
and as Jacob always says
KINGS WIN!
GO KINGS GO!!!
Exactly!

Old
01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Oh Snap
Very Wet Island

Send a message via AIM to Oh Snap Send a message via Yahoo to Oh Snap
Does anyone know the lines for tonight?

Old
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Good to see the hockey media has begun to equate the Kings with words like "dismal" and "lowly" once again. Sweet.

Old
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Good to see the hockey media has begun to equate the Kings with words like "dismal" and "lowly" once again. Sweet.
yea reading that made me mad too

Old
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
Frolov-Kopitar-Simmonds
Calder-Stoll-Brown
O'Sullivan-Handzus-Zeiler
Ivanans-Armstrong-Westgarth

O'Sullivan should be playing with Stoll and Brown and Zeiler should be taken out back and shot. Our line combinations still prompt sudden and severe s

Old
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
write down all the king players names on little pieces of paper. Put the pieces of paper in a hat. And draw at random. and there you go!!

Old
01-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
yea reading that made me mad too
Why would it make you mad?

Quote:
Dustin Brown also scored for Los Angeles, which has been outscored 15-4 during its four-game losing streak. The Kings managed only 22 shots Saturday - their lowest total of the skid.
The part in bold shows that all current criticism of this team is justified. When you score an average of 1 goal a game you should feel fortunate to even have one point in the last 4 games.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:15 PM
butthead666

Throw darts at a board blindfolded.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
not tellin*

IFL (in for loss)

Old
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post

The part in bold shows that all current criticism of this team is justified. When you score an average of 1 goal a game you should feel fortunate to even have one point in the last 4 games.
why wouldnt it make me mad? or any other king fan for that matter? I dont like people talkin **** about my team, regardless how theyre playing.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Roxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post

0 for 16 on the power play!!! last four games

Old
01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshole View Post
0 for 16 on the power play!!! last four games
it says 0-24... haha thats far worse that 0-16

Old
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Roxo

Quote:
it says 0-24... haha thats far worse that 0-16
oh ya. ha. the last stat I saw said 0-16 haha man, 0-24... thats bad!!!

Old
01-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
why wouldnt it make me mad? or any other king fan for that matter? I dont like people talkin **** about my team, regardless how theyre playing.
Well there is no need for the national media to sugar coat reality. If you want to be upset then be upset at the team for playing like crap....not at the media for pointing out what is obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
tbrads

Hopefully we get to see Ivanans and Boogaard drop the mits tonight. I will look forward to that.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:54 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrads View Post
Hopefully we get to see Ivanans and Boogaard drop the mits tonight. I will look forward to that.

I agree, we will probabaly lose this game due to no goals, but seeing them fight would make me smile.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
MJones31

vCash: 751
I want to see Westy vs the boogyman. Im not sure exactly when were going to get a powerplay goal again but I hope we do in this game

Old
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

We're going to get shutout. 2-0 Minnesota. It's going to be a snoozefest.

I really think Lombardi missed the boat when he didn't sign Shanahan. He would have been a fantastic mentor for O'Sullivan and could have very much helped our sagging offense. We're a talented veteran or two away from being a playoff team. Shanahan would have been a perfect addition.

I remember suggesting this a couple months ago. Lombardi certainly pissed this chance away, which basically means that no one cares about this season, anyway.

I'm really frustrated with this entire franchise right now, from Kopitar all the way up to Lieweke.

Old
01-20-2009, 05:12 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
We're going to get shutout. 2-0 Minnesota. It's going to be a snoozefest.

I really think Lombardi missed the boat when he didn't sign Shanahan. He would have been a fantastic mentor for O'Sullivan and could have very much helped our sagging offense. We're a talented veteran or two away from being a playoff team. Shanahan would have been a perfect addition.

I remember suggesting this a couple months ago. Lombardi certainly pissed this chance away, which basically means that no one cares about this season, anyway.

I'm really frustrated with this entire franchise right now, from Kopitar all the way up to Lieweke.

until you can convince me why a 40 year old ufa that still has some value would want to play here this year when there's plenty of other logical/legit playoff bound teams your comments and criticism are a joke. both parties have to come to an agreement in this situation. i highly doubt LA was up there on his list of possible teams he would AGREE to join.

criticizing a gm for not getting a player you want on this team when you have no idea if that player would even consider playing for this team is a waste of time.

Old
01-20-2009, 05:40 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post

until you can convince me why a 40 year old ufa that still has some value would want to play here this year when there's plenty of other logical/legit playoff bound teams your comments and criticism are a joke. both parties have to come to an agreement in this situation. i highly doubt LA was up there on his list of possible teams he would AGREE to join.

criticizing a gm for not getting a player you want on this team when you have no idea if that player would even consider playing for this team is a waste of time.
WRONG.... we should have signed Hossa and Sundin too, DL failed imo

Also looking at those lines just makes me cringe, besides the first line which i like with Simmonds, you really understand why we can't score.

Old
01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfur View Post

I'm pretty frustrated with this team right now, and signing Shanahan was something I proposed a few months back. I understand he probably didn't want to sign here, but neither you or I know that for certain. You're not sharing any new, mind blowing information.

I was mostly venting my frustration in my previous post. I wasn't criticizing anyone, nor was I trying to make an even remotely serious argument. Just venting, pal. Take your "Leave Dean Alone" thread policing somewhere else. I happen to like the guy.

Old
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
ru4reals

5-1 Minnesota. Our skid doesn't end today. Backstrom is a pretty darn good goalie and we can't score. There you go.

Old
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Does anyone know a link to an online feed of this game? I'll be stuck at work for the start of it.

Old
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Frolov-Kopitar-Simmonds
Calder-Stoll-Brown
O'Sullivan-Handzus-Zeiler
Ivanans-Armstrong-Westgarth

O'Sullivan should be playing with Stoll and Brown and Zeiler should be taken out back and shot. Our line combinations still prompt sudden and severe s
The Zeiler and Gauthier hate around here is ridiculous. Zeiler's line was probably our best line last game.

Closed Thread