HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Extreme makeover : the Right D edition

Old
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
I would only do the Havelid deal but even then we aren't really gaining too much because we'd lose Boullion.
Practically speaking, Havelid would be a nice move for Bouillon. Evens things out (right/left) and gives us another defensive D. I like Bouillon, the two are similar quality levels, but Havelid is an improvement and doubly improved as he'd fit more solidly into our core.

Markov/Komisarek
Hamrlik/Havelid
Gorges/Brisebois

Not perfect, but it'd do. When O'Byrne and Dandenault come back, either could sub in for Brisebois.

I think that gives us two extremely defensively responsible pairs and three if O'Byrne gets his mojo back and a properly rested/responsible Brisebois takes his turns.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Havelid would be really nice, but I'd prefer Exelby...

As for Greene, I don't think LA want to trade him, as I think he became a fan favorite, and the medias there love him, BUT he sure wouldn't cost that much, as he's pretty much a 3rd pairing D.

BUT, a 3rd pairing of Greene - Exelby would strike fear in any forward in the NHL, that's for sure

Weber is an untouchable, FYI...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Templeton

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Practically speaking, Havelid would be a nice move for Bouillon. Evens things out (right/left) and gives us another defensive D. I like Bouillon, the two are similar quality levels, but Havelid is an improvement and doubly improved as he'd fit more solidly into our core.

Markov/Komisarek
Hamrlik/Havelid
Gorges/Brisebois

Not perfect, but it'd do. When O'Byrne and Dandenault come back, either could sub in for Brisebois.

I think that gives us two extremely defensively responsible pairs and three if O'Byrne gets his mojo back and a properly rested/responsible Brisebois takes his turns.
I really don't see this as a big improvement.... you want to really do something... you need to add another defenceman without giving one up so that everyone gets pushed back one spot. Ie Bouillion goes from a #5 to a #6, Breezy goes from 6 to 7.... Dandenault/O'Byrne becomes number 8

We are gonna need more depth on D for the playoffs... remember what happened to the Sabres in 06.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:12 PM
MedStud76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacioretty67 View Post
I really don't see this as a big improvement.... you want to really do something... you need to add another defenceman without giving one up so that everyone gets pushed back one spot. Ie Bouillion goes from a #5 to a #6, Breezy goes from 6 to 7.... Dandenault/O'Byrne becomes number 8

We are gonna need more depth on D for the playoffs... remember what happened to the Sabres in 06.
Definitely agree with that, that is why the more realistic proposal at the end of the original post send Higgins and a 2nd to the Kings for Matt Greene as well as Bouillon and a 3rd, plus a low prospect if required to Atlanta for Havelid.

Giving us

Markov - Komi
Hammer - Greene
Gorges - Havelid

Spare : Dandenault, Brisebois, OB

I kept Dandy over Bouillon because of extra size, speed, can play forward and was playing pretty decent D before getting hurt but you could probably send Dandy to Atlanta instead of Bouillon.

Greene and Havelid can also be switched around if required, but Greene as good size and mobility, block shot and is among the few Kings in the + side of thing while playing 20 minute + a night so I think he would be a better #4 than Havelid

If Greene would cost too much, I wonder what it would take for Quincey and how he would fit on the hab.

Last edited by MedStud76: 01-20-2009 at 06:29 PM.
MedStud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedStud76 View Post
Definitely agree with that, that is why the more realistic proposal at the end of the original post send Higgins and a 2nd to the Kings for Matt Greene as well as Bouillon and a 3rd, plus a low prospect if required to Atlanta for Havelid.

Giving us

Markov - Komi
Hammer - Greene
Gorges - Havelid

Spare : Dandenault, Brisebois, OB

I kept Dandy over Bouillon because of extra size, speed, can play forward and was playing pretty decent D before getting hurt but you could probably send Dandy to Atlanta instead of Bouillon.

Greene and Havelid can also be switched around if required, but Greene as good size and mobility, block shot and is among the few Kings in the + side of thing while playing 20 minute + a night so I think he would be a better #4 than Havelid

If Greene would cost too much, I wonder what it would take for Quincey and how he would fit on the hab.
Rather than making a whole bunch of moves, I'd rather just add one piece. There is no need to mess with the chemistry more than necessary. We need a minor tweak, not a major overhaul.

Also Dandy and Bouillion are both UFAs after this year... Atlanta doesn't want either of them... they want to shed UFAs for young talent in a rebuild... not acquire more guys for this year (when they are going nowhere) and who may not be around for next year when they could actually be useful.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedStud76 View Post
Trade 1

To Montreal : Shea Weber, 6'4", 230 lbs,23 years old,shoot right
To Preds : Komi, Higgins, McDonaght, Carle or Weber, 2nd in 2009, conditional 3rd in 2010 if Komi re-sign, conditional 1st in 2009 if Komi does not re-sign

Trade 2

To Montreal : Matt Greene, 6'4", 230 lbs, 26 years old, shoot right
To LA: 1st in 2010, Chipchura, Carle or Weber, Dandy for salary
If this is to much take Carle or Weber out, or change the pick to a 2nd

Trade 3

To Montreal : Havelid
To Atlanta : Bouillon, 3rd in 2010, Mid-low prospect

As per the title that might be a little extreme, but it is the centennial and Weber and Greene are still young and under contract for a few more year so all the prospect and pick are not as big a loss.

Messing up with the team chemistry and Weber being pretty much untouchable in Nashville would be the main obstacle to this makeover.

That would leave us with

Tang - Koivu - Dag
MaxPAc - Plek - Kovy
Lil Kost - Lang - Big Kost
Lat - Lap - Kosto

Spare: Begin, BGL, Stewart

Markov - Weber
Hammer- Greene
Gorges - Havelid

Spare : Brisebois, O'byrne

Looks pretty good for a cup run to me.

Whats do you guys think of the value on those trade, and more important even if the value is fair would you pull the trigger.

If that is to extreme what do you think of:

drop trade 1,
modify trade 2 to Higgins and 2nd in 2009,3rd or 4th in 2010 for Greene
modify trade 3 to Bouillon, 3rd in 2009 and mid-low prospect for Havelid
if any1 is a weber fan its me (have him in fantasy also)....howver r u insane!!!!!....u want to give up our best defensive dman, our top dman prospect, a consistent 50-60 point getter, our future qb of the pp and a 2nd and 3rd which has landed us players like...subban, maxwell,lapierre, plekanec, latendresse and kristo......moral of the story if nashville were to trade weber wich they will never i think simply komi and higgins and maybe a low pick would do it

Last edited by Rgolt: 01-21-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote