HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/19 - 7:30 - Tampa Bay VS Dallas

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Maria

vCash: 500
What a great win, Vinny my boy with two goals, it was nice to see Richy again, the fans even clapped when he scored his goal

After so many penalties I thought they were done, but they battled back and got the win

Old
01-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
What a great win, Vinny my boy with two goals, it was nice to see Richy again, the fans even clapped when he scored his goal

After so many penalties I thought they were done, but they battled back and got the win
Crowd erupted when he scored... they booed for about two seconds, then cheered. He started to get choked up when they did the little video tribute for him in the... first? Very cool. Still love the guy. Absolute monster in the 04 playoffs.

Old
01-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
Crowd erupted when he scored... they booed for about two seconds, then cheered. He started to get choked up when they did the little video tribute for him in the... first? Very cool. Still love the guy. Absolute monster in the 04 playoffs.

yeah he did get emotional, also during warm ups Vinny left the ice and Brad soon followed, it was special to see them together again, weird but special. I wish nothing but the best for Richy

Old
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
nothingtosee
female fan

great game. could've done without all the penalties, but we won, got PP, SH, and EV goals and our first empty net! Richy scored and was cheered for the whole night. i got a few pictures of him including one of him and Vinny. i was way up top so they're not that clear.

also got some video, i'm uploading one now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQnF8HQeuNE

i don't know how to add the clip right on here, i tried and failed lol

missed the first few seconds, didn't see it coming

Last edited by nothingtosee: 01-19-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old
01-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Mr Underhill

I got ya bud...

Awesome freakin song. That was a nice tribute. Makes me really miss him for the first time since he got traded. Its awesom that they say hes "coming home". Thats real cool. I know the chances of it happening are slim to none, but like everyone was saying, I hope he takes a pay cut and returns to Tampa. I wonder if he has any problems with the ownership though.

Old
01-20-2009, 07:24 AM
ultra63

The Lightning should have paid me to sit thru the 2nd period. Glad I stayed for the third though. Pretty sparse attendance- < 14,000 for a game with sub-plots though Dallas does not have nearly as many fans here or visiting as Montreal and 1/2 the fans at a Bolts game are there to see the other team!

Old
01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
nothingtosee
female fan

i noticed also there weren't as many fans as i'd thought there'd be. also, perhaps i've just never looked, but i've never seen so many different team jerseys, and i don't mean dallas

there was philly, carolina, columbus, anaheim, detroit, chicago, and those are just the ones i remember because there were more.

Old
01-20-2009, 12:03 PM
sonny side up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
i noticed also there weren't as many fans as i'd thought there'd be. also, perhaps i've just never looked, but i've never seen so many different team jerseys, and i don't mean dallas

there was philly, carolina, columbus, anaheim, detroit, chicago, and those are just the ones i remember because there were more.
Richie better come back!!!

but there we not many fans there.. did anyone notice the 4 red lights in the lower level? hehe <-- all me and 3 of my buddies

i also saw all those jerseys.. i thought it was pretty ******** if you ask me... you wouldnt dare wear a 'phins jersey to a bucs game would you?

Old
01-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Stamkos - Jokinen - Downie is the type of line combination that I had been waiting for all season to happen. I was initially thinking of Malone (or Arty) in that spot, but with Downie on the roster, he's probably the best fit.

I'd like to point something out. Dallas had Smith's number, especially in the first period. Remember he played with them as early as last season, so they'd also know how to exploit his weaknesses the best.

Mike likes to handle the puck in the trapezoid a lot. This could have created an unclimbable mountain if it had clicked for Dallas, and it very nearly did.

What they did was wait until Smith would go behind the goal to handle the puck, then have a forward race in to battle Smitty along the boards for the puck (cleanly). Doing this would usually scare Smitty off, his responsibility is to the net, not to goof around with the puck.

The Stars forward would then try to get the puck to the slot. Following up, they'd basically just stand in Smith's way. Closing off the direct route between him and his crease. Making him have to push through (though gently enough not to get a penalty) or around, to even attempt to make a save. Fortunately, he made every one, but it probably could have been like 5-1 after the first.

It didn't look like it was addressed during the first intermission, but I think he caught on a few minutes into the second period.

Old
01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post

but there we not many fans there.. did anyone notice the 4 red lights in the lower level? hehe <-- all me and 3 of my buddies

i also saw all those jerseys.. i thought it was pretty ******** if you ask me... you wouldnt dare wear a 'phins jersey to a bucs game would you?
So I was sitting next to you... thats hilarious. I saw the hats and thought "hey that dude on HF has the avatar of those"...

Old
01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post

I saw them too lol

Closed Thread