HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fritshce/Voros potentially in for Prucha/Korpedo

Old
01-20-2009, 09:39 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
This little nugget came from Sam's blog:

"Renney said the move was more a match-up decision against the bigger, physical Ducks. Although Prucha hadn’t been told as much by Renney, we passed along what the coach told the media after the morning skate.

“You know more than me,” an amused Prucha said. “Aaron is a bigger, stronger guy than me, so he can play more physical. So if coach wants to match up against bigger players, he’s probably a better player than me for that.”"

Does that bug anyone else? Not only does Prucha get the yank, but he has to hear about it from the media?
Yea, its messed up. Pru totally getting the shaft.

Fritsche brings nothing Prucha brings, NOTHING!!!
Voros brings one thing, he's big. But who gives a flyin if he's taking 3 penelties a game.

Last edited by In The Flesh: 01-20-2009 at 09:54 PM.
In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Defense isn't our problem. And yes, he changed 2 out of the 3 offensive lines we have.

Do you have an argument in there at all? Or just the standings argument? In which I could easily have said, put an average goalie in net the first 2 months and we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

Did we not see how awesome the team played when Lundqvist wasn't playing his best hockey in December?
Wait we don't judge coaches on win loss records?

Lundqvist was below average during that little stretch...Was he not?

Where would this team be without a great defensive system?

renney and pearn deserve your kudos for where this team is...look at the roster...can you believe this could possibly be a 100 point team

back on topic here...fritsche and prucha to me are interchangable but korps should never sit for voros again...I predict that by the deadline voros is waived for cap space...after such a good start what a dissapointment....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:05 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Voros was awful tonight. He tried to be the big guy in the slot and he screened Hiller a few times but we got nothing out of it. Maybe one of the penalties he took was a soft call, but you cannot put yourself in that position especially when you need a good game to keep a lineup spot. To take a penalty moments after your team scores the game's opening goal is idiotic and something you just can't do.

Fritsche looked ordinary, but as others have pointed out, he's been on the shelf for 20 games so maybe there's some rust. However, when Prucha had been sitting for a while and was re-inserterd, he was flying around and making plays.

Please put Korps and Prucha back in the lineup. Oh, and put Prucha back on the left with Dubi and Z. Thanks.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I really understand what Renney is doing with these four. I didn't, however, understand the timing of it this time around.

I think Voros will be lucky to see the ice again this season. And Fritsche probably didn't do enough either — although I can see him getting one more game.

01-21-2009, 08:38 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I really understand what Renney is doing with these four. I didn't, however, understand the timing of it this time around.

I think Voros will be lucky to see the ice again this season. And Fritsche probably didn't do enough either — although I can see him getting one more game.
I certainly hope so.

I don't think it's fair to not give Fritsche more opportunities, however. One game after being scratched for such a long time is not a fair frame of reference. I'd certainly rather see him than Orr. Fritsche has blazing speed. They should try and utilize it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:43 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

completely disagree. once they watch the film it will be clear that voros was doing his job. 2 of the calls were bogus. while prucha and korpedo and frtitsche may be interchangeable, voros is voros. hes big and hes scrappy. this team needs that and we need voros to get his game back.

fritsche does nothing for me. hes toast. but voros gives us something we lack. when we play phily and jersey and boston, well need voros in the lineup.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
completely disagree. once they watch the film it will be clear that voros was doing his job. 2 of the calls were bogus. while prucha and korpedo and frtitsche may be interchangeable, voros is voros. hes big and hes scrappy. this team needs that and we need voros to get his game back.

fritsche does nothing for me. hes toast. but voros gives us something we lack. when we play phily and jersey and boston, well need voros in the lineup.
Agreed. Those penalties Voros took were a result of trying to hard to impress and a bit of rustiness in my opinion. I was pissed at the time, but looking back on it now I think he definitely brings an element that this team needs. But, it shouldn't be at the expense of Prucha or Korpikoski, it should be at the expense of Orr's permanent place in the lineup, which in my eyes is ridiculous.

Fritsche is fast, but unless I find out his skates weren't sharpened, I am not sold on his balance or strength. He spent a lot of time on his ass last night, something that Prucha does very well himself, albeit while providing more tenacity on the forecheck and better hands. Fritsche is done here as far as I'm concerned.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Larry Melnyk

OK, I'll have a slice of crow pie for breakfast..Sjostrom scores (whiich now makes him a stunning 3 GOALS in 65 GAMES!))...Naslund scores (about time)..and the Rangers beat a physical Duck team ...Still think all of Prucha, Korp, Orr, Sjostrom and Fritsche should take turns sitting here and there...But Voros was just plain awful and could probably be removed from the equation for awhile..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Fletch

I actually thought two of Voros' penalties were lazy penalties and one was somewhat bogus, but he took his hand off his stick and put it on the defender on his way down, and that's all the ref needs to see.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:00 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I actually thought two of Voros' penalties were lazy penalties and one was somewhat bogus, but he took his hand off his stick and put it on the defender on his way down, and that's all the ref needs to see.
Yeah, this reminds me...that penalty that Voros "drew" on Montador, which Joe was desperately trying to praise Voros for...yeah, he didn't draw anything. It was like Voros' "bogus" one, Montador removed his hand from his stick for a split second, barely even touched Voros. Very bad call.

Old
01-21-2009, 09:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

You might feel that the calls were bogus but he took three minor penalties. And the fact was Renney could not trust him on the ice the second half of the third. He's second in PIMs on this team after Orr and he doesn't fight like Orr does. And I really fail to see the scrappy-ness you mention — and I'd rather not give Philly, Boston or Jersey extra power plays.

But they're more factors than just the penalties (and interesting that you picked up on the penalties when I never alluded to them) . He's simply not a good enough skater — especially on a line with Dubinsky and Zherdev.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:21 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
You might feel that the calls were bogus but he took three minor penalties. And the fact was Renney could not trust him on the ice the second half of the third. He's second in PIMs on this team after Orr and he doesn't fight like Orr does. And I really fail to see the scrappy-ness you mention — and I'd rather not give Philly, Boston or Jersey extra power plays.

But they're more factors than just the penalties (and interesting that you picked up on the penalties when I never alluded to them) . He's simply not a good enough skater — especially on a line with Dubinsky and Zherdev.
he did ok to start the season with them. back then, voros was a stud. what happened? he seemed to compliment their games with his style of play and that line had enormous early success. now hes like the anti christ. i dont get it.

hes a big guy, he hasnt played much of late, once he gets back into it and gains some confidence i would plug him back into the 3rd line and let him bang.

i have no problem with renney parking him while were protecting a lead. coaches play the players that warrant ice time especially in the 3rd period. thats hockey. but i find i comical that he puts orr out there when the guy cant hardly skate a lick.

again, i have no problem with his penalties if hes fighting and scrapping. if hes lazy, thats a problem but i just didnt see it that way. his game is physical. hes gonna get some calls against and for.

he needs pp time. thats where he can make the biggest impact for this team. parked in the crease occupying 2 defenders creates space for the skilled guys.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

I thought Voros played decent, he got in front of the net, agitated and talked a lot of smack.

Only problem was taking those 3 penalties. 2 were really his fault, one he got slew footed and as he fell he took the other guy down with him. He was getting that treatment all night in front of the net without getting a call.

Only downside to his performance last night was that he wasn't throwing hits. And his skating is so slow he has to take lazy penalties cause he can't keep up...I rather have him on a line with Betts and sit Orr until he shows he deserves to play with Dubi and Z...I really liked that line until it became ineffective. Voros has to understand that being that guy in the slot helps make a line run and he needs to play like he has piss and vinegar running in his veins.

Fritche, on the other hand, not impressive. He has great top end speed, but his acceleration was horrible. He was even slower when he handled the puck. He has a lot to work on and after watching him last night, he should be sent down to hartford to work on these things.

All in all...if Renney was smart, he would have Prucha and Korpedo out there.

Naslund - Gomez - Callahan
Dawes - Drury - Korpedo (Only because it seems Korpedo plays very well from the right and has great speed)
Prucha - Dubi - Z (Prucha seems to get Z to score and bangs really well)
Voros - Betts - Sjo

That should give us enough to work on. Prucha and Dawes can't play together, the other teams key in on their weak forcheck and can get going, so you need a big guy like Korpedo up there, and taht 4th line, is big with Voros on it.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
he did ok to start the season with them. back then, voros was a stud. what happened? he seemed to compliment their games with his style of play and that line had enormous early success. now hes like the anti christ. i dont get it.

hes a big guy, he hasnt played much of late, once he gets back into it and gains some confidence i would plug him back into the 3rd line and let him bang.

i have no problem with renney parking him while were protecting a lead. coaches play the players that warrant ice time especially in the 3rd period. thats hockey. but i find i comical that he puts orr out there when the guy cant hardly skate a lick.

again, i have no problem with his penalties if hes fighting and scrapping. if hes lazy, thats a problem but i just didnt see it that way. his game is physical. hes gonna get some calls against and for.

he needs pp time. thats where he can make the biggest impact for this team. parked in the crease occupying 2 defenders creates space for the skilled guys.
First of all, Voros was never a stud. A guy who came into the year with 8 career goals will never be confused with a stud.

A hold and a trip is not being scrappy — they are lazy penalties that are most likely the result of his lack of foot speed.

Old
01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
First of all, Voros was never a stud. A guy who came into the year with 8 career goals will never be confused with a stud.

A hold and a trip is not being scrappy — they are lazy penalties that are most likely the result of his lack of foot speed.
Hit the nail on the head on both counts.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Fletch

I think we'll see Voros again, even though I think Renney's tolerance for lazy penalties is less than his tolerance for visible play. And even though Voros didn't play much in the third and sat three times, he still played nearly 12 minutes (don't understand how that happens) - this is why I think he gets another chance.

I think Fritsche gets a chance too. But it's really disappointing when you see these guys put forth the performances they did last night having been out of the lineup for a while. You listen to Fritsche, and he seems as though he feels he should be in the lineup every night - didn't like listening to him speak between periods.

And I agree with Singn' - and I think many tried to temper the enthusiasm Voros brought to the Rangers earlier in the season because he was a guy, who at 26 years of age (or 27, I forget now), he had amassed 7 career NHL goals. I think he had 5 or 6 in the month of October alone. It's a shame because he does have the size and skill, but he doesn't have the drive. If he had Dubi's drive, well, then I guess he'd just be a different person.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Hit the nail on the head on both counts.
I'll just add that two of those penalties were in the offensive zone.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Fletch

Mikey...

I actually agree with your proposed lineups and wanted to see that kind of change before taking out a couple guys.

It just makes sense to me because 1) Prucha/Drury/Dawes have had chemistry in few out of many games these past two seasons, 2) Prucha is better on the left and Korps is better on the right, 3) Korps' size may be a better asset to the Drury line, and I think Korps is better at handling the puck with Prucha, which may be a better fit on that line and 4) Prucha's skills are limited, but he has skills and plays the game smart, and as such, I think his skillset is best-suited with Dubi and Zherdev, who would carry the puck load allowing Prucha to find free space in front of the net, and both Dubi and Zherdev seem to enjoy dishing off the puck, as opposed to Drury and Dawes who prefer to shoot. Just a better fit, I think.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:41 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Can't blame Renney for putting in Voros or Fritsche over Korpikoski and Prucha. Korpeedo hasn't shown much offensively and as much as Prucha would run into people, I think he'd find himself on his butt after running into guys like Pronger and Getzlaf all night.

That said, I do blame Renney for keeping with Voros all night long when he obviously warranted some additional pine time. 2 bad penalties and the guy is still rewarded with PP time? A 3rd bad penalty and he sees the ice in the 2nd half of the third? Are you kidding? Better players <cough zherdev cough> have been benched for less.

vipernsx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
I'll just add that two of those penalties were in the offensive zone.
And one penalty was right after we scored, leading to them tying the game.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:47 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Can't blame Renney for putting in Voros or Fritsche over Korpikoski and Prucha. Korpeedo hasn't shown much offensively and as much as Prucha would run into people, I think he'd find himself on his butt after running into guys like Pronger and Getzlaf all night.

That said, I do blame Renney for keeping with Voros all night long when he obviously warranted some additional pine time. 2 bad penalties and the guy is still rewarded with PP time? A 3rd bad penalty and he sees the ice in the 2nd half of the third? Are you kidding? Better players <cough zherdev cough> have been benched for less.
I guess you missed that beautiful pass in the Chicago game to take the lead?

If thats the case, then no one has been showing much up front.

Bottom line, all 4 of these guys can be interchanged - but you gotta say that Korpikoski is at the top of the list, even above Orr who should be included in that group.

And talking about pine time, Voros got benched in the Ducks game when they were in Anahiem for the same problems. He only played about 7 minutes, so his "size" wasnt even utilized in that game.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Sathersretirementjob

Quote:

What you can blame Renney for is giving Fritsche a chance once every 20 games and judging his play from that.

Sathersretirementjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Maybe not offensive numbers, but nobody on this team whose names starts with a letter other than Z has those. Korpedo has good instincts, and a solid skill set. I'd take him over either Voros or Fritsche any day.

Quote:
I think Zherdev needs more ice time in general. I love Cally, but he got 20:10 while Z had 16:10. Z had 4:37 PP time, while Voros and Cally both had over 3:40. Some of that ice time (both ES and PP) needs to go to Z.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
It appears the lines for tomorrow will be the same as last Tuesday’s win over Anaheim, meaning Petr Prucha and Lauri Korpikoski would again be scratches.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Does Sather have a taker(s) for Voros and Fritsche?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 03:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I wish I could say I'm shocked but I can't.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote