HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #48 - 01.20.09 | Anaheim @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Renney instructed him to be a a physical presence. You can't deny that he did what the coach asked of him.
He did the same thing in Anahiem and was benched, only played 7:45 that game.

I cant see how his "size" really helped in either of the two wins... especially when he did take those penalties which only one was a result of being tough (which was a borderline call at best).

The others were blatant trips and holds right in front of the ref. I dont see how that is being physical in a way the players sitting couldnt deliver, especially Korpikoski.

But hey, they got the 2 points so we'll probably see a similar lineup against the Canes, though I really think he should go back into the pressbox.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:41 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
that's why he isn't in the lineup regularly.

Hopefully, Voros isn't part of the team going forward at all.
Voros is not regular because we have an excess of forwards and thank G-d none is injured. Therefore Renney rotates them at will or not, just to get everyone chance to play. While Wild had too many like him on their roster, Rangers have shortage of big rugged wingers. Hence he is here to stay.

Voros was fine out there doing a lot of hitting. Refs usually note those players and put them in the box to make officiating easier. I blame all Voros penalty on officials. Renney noticed their bias and benched Voros to keep him away from zebras.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Bury Your Head

I posted this during the game, and I'll post it again.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Voros sucks.

'Nuff said.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Celestial Black

Just put Pru back in for Voros next game.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:52 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Voros is not regular because we have an excess of forwards and thank G-d none is injured. Therefore Renney rotates them at will or not, just to get everyone chance to play. While Wild had too many like him on their roster, Rangers have shortage of big rugged wingers. Hence he is here to stay.

Voros was fine out there doing a lot of hitting. Refs usually note those players and put them in the box to make officiating easier. I blame all Voros penalty on officials. Renney noticed their bias and benched Voros to keep him away from zebras.
I see, so when he got penalized for holding and tripping, that was actually just to make it easier for the referees because he had hit someone earlier. He was benched because of the referees, not because of his poor play. Right.

You've cracked the case again, 007.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
On the negative side...Zherdev was blanked again. He had some good shifts, but he's snake-bitten. Fritsche was absolutely invisible. 100%. Voros took three penalties, and at least two of them looked to be in the lazy variety. I'm sure people questioned whether or not one of them should've been a penalty, but still, his play was very uninspiring last night and he continues to disappoint, as opposed to being the third line, physical presence on wing this team desperately needs.
Zherdev needs to shoot more, I think. Less time looking for passes that aren't there, less time trying to beat that last guy, and more time firing the puck at the net. He's got a good shot, he just needs to learn when to use it a bit more.

On the other hand, he put the puck into the crease where Naslund was, and it resulted in a goal. He's one of the few players on the Rangers (maybe the only player) who will actually try to do that, and it pays off. It drives me mad that no one tries to put the puck to the front of the net from in close like that, and instead they always just pass it back to the point for a shot that is usually blocked. I mean, you have to have both (point shots and in close chances), but Zherdev is really the only guy who tries to make those in close plays, and for that at least, I love him.

Fritsche was definitely invisible and while he's bigger than Prucha, he doesn't play as big as Prucha. Voros was useless.

Kalinin is still looking for his jock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroElite View Post
wow...pahllsson creams callahan and gets a penalty.....thought this was hockey...rangers pp and they get the game winner...wheres the outrage now as from like the last 2 games...see fellas it all evens out........
It was a crap call on Pahlsson, but it may have been a makeup call for when Callahan got taken out behind the Ducks net earlier. That call should have been interference. The one on Pahlsson was pretty much Callahan getting hit right after he passed the puck.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:27 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I see, so when he got penalized for holding and tripping, that was actually just to make it easier for the referees because he had hit someone earlier. He was benched because of the referees, not because of his poor play. Right.

You've cracked the case again, 007.
You got it right. All Voros calls were marginal, but that is how refs send a message to a hitter that annoys them and could cause retaliation scraps all over. In fact, they send a message to the coach:"Change this guy mission or keep him off the ice. If not, we will." That was a case with Hollweg often, when he did his job. I can bet my money Voros will play against Carolina, since he did exactly what his coach asked him to.

Old
01-21-2009, 11:28 AM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Zherdev needs to shoot more, I think. Less time looking for passes that aren't there, less time trying to beat that last guy, and more time firing the puck at the net. He's got a good shot, he just needs to learn when to use it a bit more.

On the other hand, he put the puck into the crease where Naslund was, and it resulted in a goal. He's one of the few players on the Rangers (maybe the only player) who will actually try to do that, and it pays off. It drives me mad that no one tries to put the puck to the front of the net from in close like that, and instead they always just pass it back to the point for a shot that is usually blocked. I mean, you have to have both (point shots and in close chances), but Zherdev is really the only guy who tries to make those in close plays, and for that at least, I love him.

Fritsche was definitely invisible and while he's bigger than Prucha, he doesn't play as big as Prucha. Voros was useless.

Kalinin is still looking for his jock.

It was a crap call on Pahlsson, but it may have been a makeup call for when Callahan got taken out behind the Ducks net earlier. That call should have been interference. The one on Pahlsson was pretty much Callahan getting hit right after he passed the puck.
Zherdev and Gomez should switch bodies. Gomez needs to pass more, rather than doing his slap shot crap, and niki needs to go to the night like he did earlier in the season.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'm a little late to the party but I'm sorry Voros is useless. Your coach puts you in after a long period of being scratched and what do you do take 3 penalties. I'm sick of this guy, what he has size so what big freakin' deal Hugh Jessiman has size too ask him how his career's going. The bottom line is Voros does not do enough in front of the net to contribute to the team's success. That's his sole job, to stand in front and deflect shots or give the goalie a hard time seeing the shots; can't do that from the penalty box.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You got it right. All Voros calls were marginal, but that is how refs send a message to a hitter that annoys them and could cause retaliation scraps all over. In fact, they send a message to the coach:"Change this guy mission or keep him off the ice. If not, we will." That was a case with Hollweg often, when he did his job. I can bet my money Voros will play against Carolina, since he did exactly what his coach asked him to.
What the hell are you talking about? Hollweg was in the box so often because he was a dirty ******. Voros and Hollweg are not even close to the same type of player/hitter, and there is no way the refs openly target guys who are playing the game hard and clean. All of Voros' penalties last night were deserved, but I don't think he commits them if he is playing regularly. Looked like nerves/rustiness to me.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:43 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Hollweg was in the box so often because he was a dirty ******. Voros and Hollweg are not even close to the same type of player/hitter, and there is no way the refs openly target guys who are playing the game hard and clean. All of Voros' penalties last night were deserved, but I don't think he commits them if he is playing regularly. Looked like nerves/rustiness to me.
It almost impossible to hit hard and clean. One of the two. Stevens comes to mind. Clean and skillful hitter. Yet ended practically Lindros career with borderline hit. Holweg has never intended any dirty hits. He just didn't do much else but hitting. So did Voros last night. Unlike previous games he was on the mission set by Renney, refs figured that out and put him away. Did he do a good job? Probably not. Did he do exactly what he was asked to do? Definately. The fact that my post amused you simply proves that refs never target any player OPENLY.

Old
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
we need a sniper on this team. we cant rely on non scoring players to always win our games for us. what happens when we get to the playoffs? the bigger players step up, not the smaller ones. we need atleast 1!!!! sniper. we have none that is astounding how we are doing so well w/o one when considering teams like washington, pitt, detroit, sj, chicago, etc all have 2+. we need 1 sniper, kovalchuk, spezza, whoever just 1. give up drury and idk what else but we need 1.

to a related topic. voros is asked to be physical, he had 1 penalty for being physical, 1 penalty for being stupid, and a 3rd penalty which was unintentional. i mean. overall 1 penalty that was idiotic. leave him out there for one more game or 2. how is this team ever going to get chemistry if renney continues to scratch players? leave one of htem in to develop (korpikowski), and then put in someone who will just be on the 4th line or something. lol 2/3 of our 3rd line is continously changing. id be ok if it was the 4th line but its not. leave it alone and just allow some of hte players to develop. i say keep korpikowski and fritsche, both young and both have potential. prucha and voros are 4th liners, prucha is a 4th liner with good powerplay skill, nothing more. i dont know why you guys make him out to be this big stud. he can skate fast, he has a lot of heart, but he doesnt have the skills to be anything more than a 4th liner who is valuable on a power play. the only reaosn he had a 25+ goal year was b/c he was on the same line as jagr which means less attention on him and more room for him to do what he does. if we have a sniper then prucha should be called up, but in this current situation he's just another 4th liner.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote