HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders

Old
01-20-2009, 01:41 PM
isles20*

vCash: 500
Islanders

Mike Comrie
Doug Weight and Bill Guerin(PACKAGE- only way guerin will waive NTC imo)

Offer away, but remember the isles have to stay above the floor so you can dump salary on us and prospects and picks are what they would want in return. Also if the islanders cant resign Andy Hilbert to another deal look for him to be moved.

Guerin- 14-18-32 in 46 games
Weight- 7-25-32 in 37 games
Comrie- 6-9-15 in 29 games
Hilbert- 8-9-17 in 35 games and is also the isles leading forward in PK minutes

OFFER AWAY

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 06:59 AM
isles20*

lol no interest?

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Okposofan21

Andy Hilbert is a 4th liner with no trade value. Plus, he's hurt.

Doug Weight, Bill Guerin, Mike Comrie and Brendan Witt will all probably be on the trading block. I doubt any of them have much value.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:20 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Ill take Weight for the Panthers. How about a 2009 2nd, 2010 4th for Weight?

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

It would be a high priority for me to trade for these guys if I were building a team for a senior league

Seriously, I'm sure someone will take them, but I don't think you'll get much in return, maybe addition by subtraction because you'll be even worse as a team without them and almost guarantee yourself a last place finish and a top 2 pick to take Hedman or JT.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Ottoman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesrebuild View Post
Mike Comrie
Doug Weight and Bill Guerin(PACKAGE- only way guerin will waive NTC imo)

Offer away, but remember the isles have to stay above the floor so you can dump salary on us and prospects and picks are what they would want in return. Also if the islanders cant resign Andy Hilbert to another deal look for him to be moved.

Guerin- 14-18-32 in 46 games
Weight- 7-25-32 in 37 games
Comrie- 6-9-15 in 29 games
Hilbert- 8-9-17 in 35 games and is also the isles leading forward in PK minutes

OFFER AWAY
There will not be a problem staying above the cap floor when traded closer to the deadline .

As you say The only way to Most likely get Billy G. to waive his NTC is if it is a Package with Best Buddy Weight to the same Team!

This package should be able to net a 1st rd pick and a mid level prospect.

Comrie Should be dealt no matter what! I don't see much value for this guy on the market...we can only hope he starts playing better to be able to deal him off as Frans N. Is already More impressive Then Mike C. We would be lucky to get a 2nd rd pick or a midlevel prospect for Comrie.

Sillinger will most likely retire.....It is sad To end such a Great Career this way...He Would of brought great return at the deadilne!

Sim should be tossed into any deal to rid of this guy!

Witt Could bring the biggest return...LOve the guy But we are rebuilding......Since he would not be a rental...having 2 more years on his contract...he could bring great return!

Would not have a problem dealing Campoli or Gervais for either...... Yes Camps has good upside but already Looking Fragile....ala Martinek who can also be dealt.

Time to Sign Jackman, Joey Mac, and Hilbert to extentions before they become UFA's

At this point it is about Picks and Prospects for The Islanders.

There is always be a UFA..... Yes.. they may not want to come here...but in Time Things will change.

With Hard Economic times certain teams like The Yotes, Tampa, may have to deal higher priced players to meet financial times...They don't want to do this but may have too....

By no means should the Isles Deal for Big $$$ players with Picks and Prospects...but the ripple effect of these possible players being moved will effect the whole market ...including the UFA market....

Isles Need to Build those Picks and Young Propects and add Younger UFA's around them. This in time will lead to a better Team..... Time it takes Time...But stick to the plan and do it right for a change.....It will take time to undo What Milbury Did!

Ottoman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post

More than fair.

01-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Ottoman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Sounds like a very do able deal...

But as most feel Doug Weight and Bill Guerin dealt together could bring back a 1st rd pick and a prospect

Yet still a 2nd and a 4th might be enough...all depending on other offers to come

Old
01-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoman91 View Post
Sounds like a very do able deal...

But as most feel Doug Weight and Bill Guerin dealt together could bring back a 1st rd pick and a prospect

Yet still a 2nd and a 4th might be enough...all depending on other offers to come
I would not deal a first for both of them in a million years, but we have seen other managers do even worse **** so anything is possible.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
DontStepanMe

I'll give you Drury, Redden and Gomez

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Sneekypete

Just speculating but I know the Minnesota scouts have been following the Islanders and Bport as of the last couple weeks.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Penner,Chorney and a 2009 2nd for Weight,Guerin,Witt

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Weight and Guerin for Axelsson, Karsums, Lashoff, and a pick?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Penner,Chorney and a 2009 2nd for Weight,Guerin,Witt
Penner is a non-starter. Isles are not eating that ridiculous contract.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
MTK

Quote:
There will not be a problem staying above the cap floor when traded closer to the deadline .

As you say The only way to Most likely get Billy G. to waive his NTC is if it is a Package with Best Buddy Weight to the same Team!

This package should be able to net a 1st rd pick and a mid level prospect.

Comrie Should be dealt no matter what! I don't see much value for this guy on the market...we can only hope he starts playing better to be able to deal him off as Frans N. Is already More impressive Then Mike C. We would be lucky to get a 2nd rd pick or a midlevel prospect for Comrie.

Sillinger will most likely retire.....It is sad To end such a Great Career this way...He Would of brought great return at the deadilne!

Sim should be tossed into any deal to rid of this guy!

Witt Could bring the biggest return...LOve the guy But we are rebuilding......Since he would not be a rental...having 2 more years on his contract...he could bring great return!

Would not have a problem dealing Campoli or Gervais for either...... Yes Camps has good upside but already Looking Fragile....ala Martinek who can also be dealt.

Time to Sign Jackman, Joey Mac, and Hilbert to extentions before they become UFA's

At this point it is about Picks and Prospects for The Islanders.

There is always be a UFA..... Yes.. they may not want to come here...but in Time Things will change.

With Hard Economic times certain teams like The Yotes, Tampa, may have to deal higher priced players to meet financial times...They don't want to do this but may have too....

By no means should the Isles Deal for Big $$$ players with Picks and Prospects...but the ripple effect of these possible players being moved will effect the whole market ...including the UFA market....

Isles Need to Build those Picks and Young Propects and add Younger UFA's around them. This in time will lead to a better Team..... Time it takes Time...But stick to the plan and do it right for a change.....It will take time to undo What Milbury Did!
Honestly Joey Mac is a back up easy come easy go. He is really not that great. He plays above his ability sometimes but he is still raw and not worth resigning unless your talking about a 2 way.

Jackman I do not mind as a nice 4th line role. He has been playing very well this year compared to what I saw of him last year.

Hilbert, is a 50/50 he plays the PK very well and 4th line, same as Jackman. As time goes we need to get a player that can actually play both ends of the ice. He is a great PK but we need more if we want to move this team forward. We need players that are good at multiple areas of the game. Hilbert is one dimensional in my eyes. If anything give Jackman or Hilbert 1 year contracts.

With Joey Mac or even Dubie, we seen this year, we need a better back up to DP in case of injury. We need someone that can pull this team. Joey Mac will not be able to as well as dubie would not hold this team up.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Ottoman91

You mean the Isles would go into the UFA market and sign a goalie that would actually compete with the Great All Star DP for the starting position???

never happen untill DP becomes GM...

Face it the Isles will never sign better then a Joey Mac type backup for more the 650,000 until DP is Gone!

How Dare anyone think that they can unseat The Golden Poster Child DP!

I am DP....damit......All Star Goalie by default...but still an All Star in my mind!

67.5 million reasons say I am the King and a All Star! lol

Old
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
MTK

Quote:
You mean the Isles would go into the UFA market and sign a goalie that would actually compete with the Great All Star DP for the starting position???

never happen untill DP becomes GM...

Face it the Isles will never sign better then a Joey Mac type backup for more the 650,000 until DP is Gone!

How Dare anyone think that they can unseat The Golden Poster Child DP!

I am DP....damit......All Star Goalie by default...but still an All Star in my mind!

67.5 million reasons say I am the King and a All Star! lol
After this years musical goalie chairs. Yes I believe they will sign a better back up.

The back up goalie wouldnt compete.....he would be starting 5 games in the season

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote