HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS Poll: If Koivu and Higgins are 100% healthy...

View Poll Results: If Koivu and Higgins are 100% healthy, Guy Carbonneau should...
Insert them in the lineup 147 94.84%
Wait until the team's next cold streak 8 5.16%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-21-2009, 03:26 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHabsFan View Post
You have to be kidding me, they do not even have 1 power play point combined. Guillaume has one power play goal from before he was on that line. THEY POSE ABSOLUTELY NO THREAT. Get a clue. They might be used as a third line by default because our players are injured, but they are not a third line.
I like what Carbo is doing on with that line on the PP. They are high energy and get the other team running around. It wears down the opposition. Then in come the skilled guys and suddenly they have more room to work.

Not a bad strategy.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:29 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
who the hell voted against putting them in??..
Show Yourselves Fools!!
100th, benji, CanadienFan11, Chevalain, InPriceWeTrust, Jean-Guy Drouin, Whitesnake

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:29 PM
fufonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
I like what Carbo is doing on with that line on the PP. They are high energy and get the other team running around. It wears down the opposition. Then in come the skilled guys and suddenly they have more room to work.

Not a bad strategy.
I disagree..maybe if they had a 5 minute powerplay but with two minutes, there's no time to waste.

Old
01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
fufonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
I can't express how ******* TIRED I am of morons on a message board using vague hearsay to bash an entire ethnic group. If it's not acceptable for blacks, muslims, russians and other europeans then it should NOT BE ACCEPTABLE FOR FRENCH CANADIANS.

I don't think he mentionned french Canadians at all in his post; just Quebec in general, which, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he is a part of.

And to be fair, this is what we know for fact:

If Koivu and Higgins are 100% healthy, they should be in the lineup. They are lightyears ahead of Stewart and Bégin. Whoever would rather Stewart and Begin with D'Ago, than Koivu and Higgins, needs their head checked.

RDS polls have more people who want Bégin and Stewart in the lineup than Koivu and Higgins (even being 100% healthy!).

The vast majority of pollsters on RDS is from Québec.

Statistically speaking, 5000+ votes is sufficient of a sample size to make a pretty accurate generalization.

Therefore, from the assumptions above, it is reasonably safe and logical to say that half of quebecers need their head checked.

With that said, the voters are probably either just incredibly misinformed, influenced by the media, cannot read, or biased against Koivu and/or Higgins.

Old
01-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I don't think he mentionned french Canadians at all in his post; just Quebec in general, which, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he is a part of.

If Koivu and Higgins are 100% healthy, they should be in the lineup. They are lightyears ahead of Stewart and Bégin. Whoever would rather Stewart and Begin with D'Ago, than Koivu and Higgins, needs their head checked.

RDS polls have more people who want Bégin and Stewart in the lineup than Koivu and Higgins (even being 100% healthy!).

Statistically speaking, 5000+ votes is sufficient of a sample size to make a pretty accurate generalization.

Therefore, from the assumptions above, it is reasonably safe and logical to say that half of quebecers need their head checked.

With that said, the voters are probably either just incredibly misinformed, influenced by the media, cannot read, or biased against Koivu and/or Higgins.
Voltaire once said "Give me a phrase that someone said and i'll get that person hang by the neck."

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post

RDS forums are probably the only place where there's Koivu bashing on a daily basis.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
BigM1ke

Who on Earth would take Chipchura over Koivu and Stewart or Begin over Higgins?

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM1ke View Post
Who on Earth would take Chipchura over Koivu?
Gustav IV Adolf, King of Sweden?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Gustav IV Adolf, King of Sweden?
True.

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
There's this poll on RDS.ca asking the following question:

"If Koivu and Higgins are back 100% healthy, Guy Carbonneau should...

1) Insert them in the lineup
2) Wait for the team's next cold streak"

With 5150 votes, the results are 51-49 in favor of option 2.

Let's compare with how the results would be around here. Please try and vote without considering tonight's game; most of those results came from before.
No offense to anyone, but let's get real here

Saks and Higgy don't speak French

Higgins will end up playing elsewhere and end up being a great Captain.

At least Carbo and Gainey see the player and not the nationality.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote