HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

01/20/09 Washington Capitals at Ottawa Senators. Scotiabank Place. 7:30 PM

Old
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

vCash: 500
also would be good to remember that our top CORE players average age is about 22/23.

i wonder if semin actually feels bad about the penalties he takes.

Portable Mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:44 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Read much? Comprehend much?

In case you're too lazy to scroll up two posts....

"that some players make almost every single game"

If I meant Semin alone I would have said Semin. If I meant every game, I would have said every game.
Would you rather lose to mistake free hockey (ie: NO IMPROVEMENT) then lost due to mistakes?

I rather the team have something to say like "thats why we lost, we made mistakes - next time we won't make that mistake" then "well we did everything we can and they're just the better team."

-----------

This argument on Semin is he only shows up for big games, so it will cost the team in the playoffs. What? What? The playoffs are big games whether its Atlanta or Philly, he'll show up.

Semin isn't a weakness on this team, Nylander isn't a weakness on this team.

The real weakness on the teams so far is Penalty Killing and Inconsistent goaltending. The PK hasn't been good all season for any period of time. Theodore has gotten pretty good lately and has good numbers against good teams so there is hope.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
You don't really expect him to comply with your request for actual data...do you?
not really.

After all, when you're right, you don't need anything like proof or statistics or anything like that.

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Read much? Comprehend much?

In case you're too lazy to scroll up two posts....

"that some players make almost every single game"

If I meant Semin alone I would have said Semin. If I meant every game, I would have said every game.
I didn't know you had a split personality or couldn't remember what you said from last night to today.

My fault. It's ok, we all agree with you.

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Some people just don't see further than their own noses. Yes, the team is doing very well in the standings. Yes it's a nice accomplishment if all you care about is standing points and the regular season. Personally my opinion is it's all about the playoffs. I would rather be an 8th place Cup winner than a 2nd place 1st round loser.

Teams that play inconsistent hockey don't go deep in the playoffs. They may beat a giant, then lose to what many consider an inferior team. That's how they're playing right now. They're playing hockey where they take nights off, hockey where they take bad penalties at critical points of games, hockey where they don't make teams pay on the PP when liberties are taken against them.

Some here think that this is the year to win a playoff round or two and get experience. I tend to side with BB and think you can win the whole thing at any time. They've shown they can compete with the best, it's time to start being disciplined and play like they can beat the best regularly. They need to be consistant.
Yeah, it's not like they've been schooling Boston, Pittsburgh, New York, Montreal or anyone like that.

When the playoffs come, everyone will step up. So will the Caps. Semin was our best player last playoffs. He won't be far off these upcoming ones. There's only one player who never makes mistakes, and he's not playing for the caps and never will.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote