HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: The world is normal...the sun came up and the devils won

Old
01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
I see the boys were on vacation the last two nights...blah.
Yeah...I guess they thought the all-Star break started early...The last 2 games were real stinkers from the Habs...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SJSR

If anyone doubted the kids being sent down, this is to show that they are more than fill ins. Maxpac and Dago should be here to stay.

SJSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
its a sad day when i can find a player to crap on more than kovy

yup its plekachu...i dont know what happened to him but it seems like the games in the playoffs really effected him as he just refuses to pay the price to make a play.

that is 1 line that will have 0 impact in the playoffs. kovy always disappears when the going gets tough and nobody on his line can take the pressure off him. maxpac is being wasted on that line. it sucks when he charges to fight for the loose puck and the 2 spectators on his line just watch him.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
On the bright side, the last break we had, they came out and had a hot streak. Hopefully the same occurs.

That said, I can't believe Markov is our leading scorer this late into the season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

relax boys!

enjoy the break, the most important stretch of the season is here.

reasons we lost :

- 2nd game in 2 nights (Georgia to New york)
- Koivu's return cuts ice time- bruised ego maybe? (kovy)
- Price's first start in 3 weeks.
- Terrible against the devils in NJ

And 2 teaspoons of sugar, and mix.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:43 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
the last stretch overall has been good but it makes you wonder how this team is gonna even compete in the playoffs. Basically it will be night in and night out playing these types of games against Boston, NJ or whoever and this team is unable to fight through it.

I have severe doubts of this teams ability to play in the playoffs. It makes for decent regular seasons but they are absolutely outclassed in games like these.
Pleks/Breezer/Bou have got to be upgraded in order for this team to go far in the playoffs.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
blah! and the laughs blow a 2 goal lead vs the bruins in the 3rd

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:47 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
damn we suck
Against New Jersey yes. IN General no. Compare yourself to Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Florida. Yea they have their superstars : Spezza, Heatley, Lecavalier, Bouwmeester, but they are drowning. We are doing fine, we just can't beat NJ.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
I just woke up...
I'll give you a recap. Devils scored on all their chances but sergei kostitsyn got a goal tonight Game finished 5-2 Devils.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HotHabsFan*

on a side note, TB has 5 goals tonight and Vinnie doesn't have 1 point. did you all notice detroit loss to pheonix last night 6-3, **** happens , in this NHL you win against the best then you lose against the worst, and yes i know Pheonix is 5th in their division but still, it's just an example.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Man, they've choked on a lot of leads this year.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Africa.

Quote:
Damn. I've realized for a while now that we won't catch up to the Bruins(Way before these 2 games) and I wanted the Leafs to win so they won't be on their way to a good pick, damn it!

As frustrating as this game was tonight, and how much I hate playing the Devils, it really is just one loss. Hopefully they kick Tampa's ass next game, but they're a bottom-feeder, so we can't really except a good game.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
its in reference to...sigh nvm...................
I got the joke, thanks. But you probably didn't get mine.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
That's what separates us from the Pooins. They are consistently finding way to get those points.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Why even show up? We know the result before we play.
I blame this one on you damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Pleks/Breezer/Bou have got to be upgraded in order for this team to go far in the playoffs.
Gotta agree here, Plekanec is seriously awful since the beginning of the year, worst perimeter player ever.

As of Bou and Breezby.. well.. Bou is always better with a decent partner.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shredder11

Quote:

yup its plekachu...i dont know what happened to him but it seems like the games in the playoffs really effected him as he just refuses to pay the price to make a play.

that is 1 line that will have 0 impact in the playoffs. kovy always disappears when the going gets tough and nobody on his line can take the pressure off him. maxpac is being wasted on that line. it sucks when he charges to fight for the loose puck and the 2 spectators on his line just watch him.
Very well said!!

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsrule4eva3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
This year's team may have more points than last year, but at least last year's Habs owned the Devils and the Bruins.
last time i checked... at the end of the season they check how many points you get overall, not which teams you beat to get them...

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
on a side note, TB has 5 goals tonight and Vinnie doesn't have 1 point. did you all notice detroit loss to pheonix last night 6-3, **** happens , in this NHL you win against the best then you lose against the worst, and yes i know Pheonix is 5th in their division but still, it's just an example.
The **** happens excuse covered last night's game. Tonight excuse is....Habs reek in NJ.

Old
Hermamoud

If I was the Habs GM, I'd offer four 1 day contracts to Bryan Smolinski

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:

Plekachu

I don't know what you do with him at this point. He is on pace for 36 points. THIRTY SIX POINTS. Those are average third liner numbers.

Factor this, he averages almost 18 minutes of ice time over 3 minutes of powerplay time.

I am becoming more convinced that last year was an anomaly. If he was actually getting chances i'd be less concerned but he is unwilling to go to the net, takes low percentage shots, and losses every battle on the boards.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
the last stretch overall has been good but it makes you wonder how this team is gonna even compete in the playoffs. Basically it will be night in and night out playing these types of games against Boston, NJ or whoever and this team is unable to fight through it.

I have severe doubts of this teams ability to play in the playoffs. It makes for decent regular seasons but they are absolutely outclassed in games like these.
thats not a suprise to me. this years team isnt significantly different from last years. until the defense improves greatly, i cant see it getting better. there are a lot of defensive prospects but by the time they mature will the offense still be above average?

trading for lecavalier would be popular but it would really hurt the franchise long term. the off season will be interestiing this year with all the free agents.

i am less scared about this now though cause of the rookies that are producing. maybe gainey can spend the big money that will be saved on the big defenseman (along with signing komisarek) but if he goes after offense to replace kovalev then the team will be similar next year again.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
last time i checked... at the end of the season they check how many points you get overall, not which teams you beat to get them...
You're right, but meeting a team that has dominated you all season, gets inside your head.

and if the Habs meet NJ this year in the playoffs, they'll have a tough time.

Old
01-21-2009, 08:55 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Plekachu

I don't know what you do with him at this point. He is on pace for 36 points. THIRTY SIX POINTS. Those are average third liner numbers.

Factor this, he averages almost 18 minutes of ice time over 3 minutes of powerplay time.

I am becoming more convinced that last year was an anomaly. If he was actually getting chances i'd be less concerned but he is unwilling to go to the net, takes low percentage shots, and losses every battle on the boards.
Last year was a "Wtf OMG HOW THE HELL PLEKANEC!!!!!!!" this year hes getting a dose of reality, as everyone in the league got faster, better at scoring, the rookies are better, and the defense is bigger. He has to either Amp it up or take a seat. He needs to be the Action man to play on the top line and right now hes the no-action man. I think hes actually playing to his potential, and that Kovalev's break out 2nd best season ever helped Plekanec sneak a few more goals and assists.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:55 PM
MayorFord

the way things are shaping up, we ****ing better not finish in 4th or 5th place or we face the devils.

i wouldnt mind if we dropped to 6th place.

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

People should stop looking at that freakin defense and start looking at the character of this team and how not physically committed our top 6 offensive players are. That's why we suck against teams that are working harder. 'Cause actually the guys that work their ass off also happen to be the stars of their respective team....not only their 4th line pluggers...So their work in the end means goals and not only big bodychecks to look good on camera.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote